main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Classics Star Wars: The Vintage Collection on Disney+

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TCF-1138 , Mar 16, 2021.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

[face_party]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh wow I never knew the animated segment from The Holiday Special had a name lol. Curious no Droids, but hey at least I can finally check out Ewoks.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol they won’t put the whole holiday special on there

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Part of the Holiday Special? Holy cow.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    First time I heard a name for it was when it was released as a special feature on the Blu-rays. Don't know if it had a name before that.

6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Non-bootleg quality Ewoks? Can it really be true?
    Just a little worried by the date being so close to April 1st though...

7. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I hope they've remastered everything in HD. I have the DVDs, but higher quality would be nice.
    I wouldn't worry about it being a prank though. In that case I'm pretty sure they would have included Droids and the complete Holiday Special on the list.

8. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Looking forward to finally watching high quality episodes of Ewoks! Hopefully Droids will be released when A Droid Story comes out.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    Does anyone know if they will retroactively label all these releases back to canon? I hope they do.

10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Soooo... very cool, but can anyone think of why this drop *doesn't* include Droids? I'm assuming I'm not the only one who'd consider that the top of the, erm, heap amongst the "onscreen Legends" stuff.

Really excited to see it all remastered, though!

11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    They don't have the animation cels, so I really wonder how one could do that. Hmmm.

And seriously, why no Droids?

12. Love how weird the droid cartoons are

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The lack of Droids might be a rights issue - I saw someone on Twitter mentioning that. Don't know exactly what issue that would be, though, except possibly the theme song.

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That said, hope the Ewoks are aired with original music.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No they won’t

16. R4-D4

Mar 6, 2003
    Aw thats a shame

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am just glad we are getting them

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    A G-rated version would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

[​IMG]

MrDarth0 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Definitely in for Clone Wars, Ewoks movies and the Boba Fett holiday special cartoon (possibly the only thing to make it out of the Holiday Special with it's dignitiy intact, although I do remember being preturbed by Boba keeps saying "Friend" the whole time). I may watch one or two Ewoks episodes, saw that a few times as a kid but I was way more into Droids, anyone got an essential top 10 Ewoks episodes list?

It'll be interesting if they slap the "Legends" banner on this content, I would be totally down with that.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    There's probably a 99% chance they'll remain Legends, however, there have been some references to both the Ewok show and the Ewok movies in canon, so I'd say those are at least canon-adjacent.

Things brought into canon from the Ewoks that I can name off the top of my head: Blurrgs (first appeared in The Battle for Endor, has since appeared in TCW, Rebels and of course The Mandalorian), a Gorax (from Caravan of Courage, appeared in Forces of Destiny), Kneesa (from Ewoks, appeared in Forces of Destiny), Teeks (from The Battle for Endor, appeared in Last Shot), Duloks (from Ewoks, appeared in some comic - don't remember which).

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The Morag arc, in correct order:
    The Haunted Village
    Cries of the Trees
    Rampage of the Phlogs
    Sunstar vs. Shadowstone

Then give a go to:
    Curse of the Jindas
    Land of the Gupins
    Wicket's Wagon
    Asha
    Night of the Stranger (2)
    Battle for the Sunstar (2)

From the first season, the episode Three Lessons was rushed with production, badly made, there is a lot of rotoscoping and whatnot. Not sure if they can even fix that kind of stuff, really. The second season... well, hard to describe. The characters were de-aged, changed to the point of ridiculous, so many things don't make sense and some stuff is just pure cringe. While the first season does not really contradict anything in canon and there are ways to explain why nobody really had "powers" to speak of by the time of Return to the Jedi, this one features an enormous number of things that would.

Pretty annoyed by whatever is the issue with Droids, because the planet Tyne's Horky definitely needs to be heard of and the Roon arc is magnificent. Then again...we have a 30-year-old Mungo Baobab in love with Auren Yomm, somebody half his age and we get the first onscreen kiss in Legends there. Maybe that is what they have a problem with?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  22. R4-D4

Mar 6, 2003
    How does Ewoks season 2 contradict canon?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It doesn’t at least as far as I remember but not all of legends contradicts canon. They just aren’t gonna make it canon

24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    There was an issue with the Stewart Copeland them song that stopped it from being on the DVD issue, but... it's literally just the theme song. At the same time the DVD was just a sort of sampler of the series, I think, so it's possible that a fair amount of material was never digitized.

What we can say for sure is that we've never seen or even heard about HD versions of *any* of this material. If they've gone that route with Ewoks, I can't imagine it's a problem with Droids...

One possibility? A Droid's Tale is out there on the slate for some unknown future release, so maybe Droids is being held back to coincide with that.

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I imagine that's the problem - if there actually is a problem. And as much as I love the theme song, if that's what's stopping them from releasing the entire show, just don't use it.
    Well, the DVD was eight episodes edited together to form two "movies": The Pirates and the Prince, consisting of episodes 5-8, and Treasure of the Hidden Planet, consisting of episodes 10-13. It wasn't so much a sampler as it was two out of three storylines for the entire show (and minus the Droids TV movie The Great Heep). The Ewoks DVD did the same thing, making two "movies" out of several different episodes (all from season 1 I believe). The Ewok ones were re-scored and had narration by an older Wicket. Unlike Droids, which actually made two coherent movies, the Ewok DVD is clearly just episodes edited together (poorly).

Ooh, I like that, and I hope that's it. I've been hoping that A Droid's Tale turns out to be a spiritual sequel to Droids ever since it was first announced. If that's the case, no one will be happier than me!

And I say that as someone who has a copy of the Droids DVD that's signed by Anthony Daniels, as well a still from Droids - again, signed by Daniels - on his wall. :p