main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Classics Star Wars: The Vintage Collection on Disney+

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TCF-1138 , Mar 16, 2021.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Thanks, I knew I didn't have that quite right and I probably confused it with a watch-through of the whole series in some other crappy form in the years between.

What's bumming me out is that I'm starting to feel like Droids actually is part of this package, but it ain't! I'm going to have to settle for looking at whatever remastering happens to Ewoks as a "teaser" for when they do get to Droids.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I still think that my comment is logical. But they can always age Auren Yomm for a couple of years.

3. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    Do we know if the disney+ ewoks will be every episode or just a rerelease of the dvd?

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It says "Ewoks (S1)" and "Ewoks (S2)" in the announcement, so it seems to be the entire show.

Ewok Poet and R4-D4 like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hope "The Three Lessons" was restored to anything even remotely resembling quality. Doesn't help that it features an enormous amount of rotoscoping and lower animation quality than other episode...

And I probably said this already, but I don't remember stuff these days. :p

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  6. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Taking a look at the roughly equivalent "Marvel Legacy Animation" shows from around the same time period on Disney+, they all seem to be full seasons at 22 or more episodes. Of course I have no idea of the sources for those or their previous DVD releases, but that should give us some idea of what to expect.

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The DVDs were episodes combined into story arches, BUT with original music replaced. And the original cartoon had a really, really good soundtrack.

8. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    Which Marvel Legacy animation shows?

9. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Not appropriate at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2021
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @indydefense

Yeah that's not appropriate at all. Knock it off.

Jedi Merkurian and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. indydefense

Jan 2, 2019
    How... is that not appropriate? It's how things were. I've lurked on this board for the last 15 years, and I remember a time when I couldn't express my support for same-sex couples in Star Wars. (It was explicitly against TFN rules.) Yet now no one bats an eye when I say, for example, that Poe and Finn make a good couple. What concerns me is that our culture seems to shift like the wind, always changing the definition of what's acceptable. There's no philosophical stability.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @indydefense

I understand that's how things used to be, but it's no longer acceptable or appropriate to have major age gaps within a relationship like you stated. That is in no way comparable to same sex couples and I wouldn't continue to compare the two. I get what you mean, but there's a huge difference between inappropriate age gaps and same sex couples. Cultures change because we realise that things that seemed okay in the past were not actually okay, and we learn to make things better. Please do not post something like that again, as this is not the place for such a discussion.

Edit: Added a couple things.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. indydefense

Jan 2, 2019
    I wasn't suggesting that those relationships should happen today, because they used to happen under a different context. Removed

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @indydefense

This isn't the place to discuss this, but I removed you're comment because this is a family friendly forum and not the thread or the part of the forum to discuss that sort of thing.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Also indy you're making some wild assumptions and generalizations that aren't even accurate, so yes, just best to drop the subject altogether.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  16. indydefense

Jan 2, 2019
    Removed. In fact, as seen in the clip I posted, it was about as family friendly as you can get!

This will be my last post on the subject.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @indydefense

The video might have been family friendly but the rest of you're post was not. Please move on.

18. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    If the report about Ewoks coming to Disney plus is correct, we should finally be able to watch good quality copies of Ewoks tomorrow! I thought this day would never come!

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2021
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    @MrDarth0

I asked the discussion to move on above, so please don't bring it up after the fact. And this isn't the place for such a discussion either.

Move on please.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The "Vintage Collection" is apparently available in the US now. Unfortunately it seems Sweden isn't getting it today. =((

DarthTalgus likes this.
  22. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    neither in south america :(
    I wanted to see the quality of the holiday special cartoon, and if the 2003 clone wars have the director´s commentary audio track.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Which is weird. Disney owns these. Why region lock things. Unless they don’t own the international rights but that wouldn’t make sense

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    Endor is home to lots of species. A story could be about conflicts between them and the Ewoks.

Ewok Poet and indydefense like this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Exactly, it makes no sense. I can't imagine that there's a rights-issue with this, so I guess they just... couldn't be bothered to do the subtitles or something?