main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars theme park discussion

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Strilo , Nov 5, 2019.

1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It does seem rather odd having theme park threads spread out all over the place. A "one stop shop" forum for this couldn't hurt anything I wouldn't have thought (not that it would interest me but it'd be nice for those like @Strilo that are interested)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Those threads are spread out all over the JC. It would be great to have them in one place. And SWC is nice and all, but it’s a social forum and it can be quite challenging to wade through all the games and social threads to find content.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    For those two threads?

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Just the one thread that existed in the ST forum. The top link in each category is a link to that specific forum. So there is one instance where people from the ST are being directed to the SWC for the Galaxy's Edge topic. The same is not happening in Lit...yet.

If the SWC is going to be the final stop for Galaxy's Edge discussion and all theme park related discussion, I have gone on the record of recommending a special "Theme Park" tag for that forum.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If we get enough traffic in SWC for the topic then yes the plan is to create a "Theme Park" prefix for the forum (or whatever other forum the topic might find a better home in). Right now, with just two threads in the SWC (one of those hardly used) it's not worth setting up that way just yet. Going forward, if traffic shows the topic is enough to sustain a forum of its own, we can move all the "Theme Park" prefixed material to a new forum rather easily if necessary.

TiniTinyTony and G-FETT like this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Sounds like a great plan. :D

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I would bet most people interested in chatting about Star Wars in theme parks won't venture into SWC in the first place.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Me neither, but now I know to go there if I want to discuss.

Question for WNU mods, @Bazinga'd & @Adalia-Durron do you find new people coming to the WNU looking for Theme Park discussion and if so are they being directed to the SWC?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    creeps in as Comms is scary

Phones been glitchy - ok I personally have not had any questions re this topic, I cannot speak for Baz but having said that we loop each other in to all board related discussions and not seen anything. Short answer - No. Long answer - Noooooooo.

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    TiniTinyTony likes this.