main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Star Wars Toys

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ravenjack, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Hey everyone wanted to give a quick heads up. I picked up a Mas Amedda and a Clone Pilot at the Super Wal-mart today on US 19. There were only one of each left in the store, but I checked in the tent event too and there were no more. I guess the next wave was released, but in ultra low number. I checked the other Wal-mart in Clearwater and Target, but no luck.

2. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Being a 20 year veteran of the retail industry, I know that many managers will order very tight numbers of merchandise and see how it does before committing themselves to larger quanities. If the stuff sold out quick, you can be sure there will be more orders put in. There is nothing more damaging to a retail career and profits than under or over speculating the sales possibilies. I know many Star Wars items have been sold at barely above cost and some at a loss when they didn't move. Give it a week or so and the stuff should roll in....

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up bro. Nick and I went up there last night and they had nothing new except for the AT-RT which ive seen nowhere else. It wasnt in great shape, and for $20 was not worth it. I did go back to our target and pick up the ARC-170 which for only $9 more than the AT-RE is SUCH a better deal.

Me and nick are going to do some trench runs starting next week, let me know if you want to tag along!

Jace

4. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Sorry you guys couldn't find them. Jace,trench run sounds good to me, just let me know where and when.

5. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    on my lunch break i went to the Brandon Walmart, and scored 2x clone commander #33, 1x clone pilot #34, 1x Medic #39, 1x Mas Amedda #40, (had to open so my blue guards could have company) and 1x Palpatine #35

Still missing a carded Mas Amedda, AT-RT gunner, Vaders droid and Exploding grevious.

Matt, I'll let you know when we start the Runs. Probably Monday.

Onward

6. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh yeah, I forgot: Also picked up the last Gunship the Walmart had for $28.88 Cant go wrong for that price :)

onward

7. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yeah guys as long as I'm not working you know I'm up for a trench run...(this is Nick by the way) I need those figures. only 14 short of all of them and 7 of those I can get when I get paid.

8. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Just checked the Tyrone Walmart and found nothing...Oh well. No Trench runs tomorrow but Thursday night I should be good to go.

9. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah I checked the Tyrone Wal-mart too and there pretty picked over. Has anyone checked K-mart yet? I'm good to go pretty much anytime for a run, just give me a little notice.

10. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Matt: Nick and I are planning on a COUNTY-wide trench run on Sunday, starting at 6:30 (PM) hitting as many wal-mart's, Targets, and TRU's as possible, and we definatly want you to come along. let us know!

onward

11. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Sunday...We Better find something or I'm gonna be...sad

12. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I will probably be at the Tyrone TRU, W-M and Target on Sunday...what are you looking for besides the red guard?

13. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm definatly in. Just give me a rendezvous point and are we all traveling in same car? My van is in the shop right now, but if it gets done this weekend I would be happy to drive. I do have a convertible, but whoever sits in the back would be very uncomfortable. Is Chris coming too?

14. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well i think everyone found the red guard at Target

Specifically we are looking for #'s 33-40

at least thats what I'm looking for I have the Clone Commander and the Palpatine thanks to Jace but I still want to find all the rest. :)

15. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    yeah same here minus Mas Amedda and Clone Pilot. I still have a few of the first collection to pick up, but I've seen the ones I need everywhere.

16. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    me too. I still need 7 figures from the first 32 but I'll get those on Friday.

So Ravenjack you have those 2 figures eh ?

Where'd ya find em?

17. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    The Super-walmart on US19 on Sunday when they still had the 48 hours of the force going on. Found both of them in the regular action figure isle away from the rots display.

18. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Curses!!! I have been everywhere and havent found anything past 32. I was gonna go up to the Missouri Walmart tonight but I have to work tomorrow and I dont even have any money!

19. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I haven't checked the Missouri wal-mart yet, but I have checked Target Largo, TRU clearwater, Wal-mart tyrone, coachman, and Super on 19 and Target in Tyrone and selection is uber crappy. Actually there were no padmes or any color guards at any of the locations to boot. Annie who waited in line with us at Target on the 2nd, went back later that day and scored another lava vader. She tried to get a few extra for you guys, but the guy only allowed her to buy one.

20. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Almost forgot Sunday is the 10th so TRU should have some holo yodas in.

21. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Ahh yes forgot to mention that they called me on Saturday and told me to come get mine! So I ended up getting that one on Saturday around noon. Really cut into my sleeping though.

22. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    My wife and I did some runs today and I am exhausted to say the least!

Toys R Us Dale Mabry and 275 called and they said they had tons of new stuff in...nothing new, just the same old 1-32

Walmart Dale mabry and 275 1-32 a plenty

Target Northdale found 1 red guard thats it plenty of 1-32

Target on Waters found clone star fighter thats it was the last one plenty of 1-32

Kaybe toys Citrus Park got the exclusive 12" Chewie for 29.99 (jesus people no wonder your bankrupt!)

Citrus Park Super Walmart 1 clone pilot plentg of 1-32

Super Walmart Dale Mabry S of Bush nothing just lots of 1-32

Brandon Super Walmart behind the Mall my wife found 1 Mas Ameda

Bloomingdale Walmart nothing lots of 1-32 hope that helps!

Allot of the stores told us they have not been selling well and will most likely not reorder for a while!

23. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    LOL I completely forgot about the holographic yoda at TRU :p Thanks for the reminder Matt! Guess I'll be seeing you at TRU sunday at 11AM bright and early (or earlier), gotta get my yoda.

Onward

24. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    "A lot of the stores told us they have not been selling well and will most likely not reorder for a while!"

That always bugs me. they order so d@mn much of the stuff, and then the collectors have to suffer through months of the stores getting nothing new (remember August-Dec of 2002? ) and the stuff they do ever get is so rare because the stores blew their entire toy budget for the year, on the initial waves. Nick made a comment on April 2 that "i'm getting sick of seeing these same figures already" (and only at the 3rd store we hit) so this is going to get old - fast.

I have a feeling the clone commander wave will be quite rare, because the stores seem to have purchased more EIII stuff than the previous 2 movies combined. I'm hoping we can find these waves ASAP. The AT-TE Gunner figure was going for $28-35 yesterday on ebay, and the commander/pilots were hitting $19-20... sad.

Onward.

25. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Wow!! I didn't think those particular figures were that scarce....I have a case coming with some of these figures in the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.