main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Star Wars Toys

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ravenjack, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Well I'll probably head up to the 19 walmart and check it out...

2. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Went to the 19 walmart last night too and from what I saw they didn't stock any new figs last night. Give it a shot though.

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    page 5 w00t!

4. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    lol I started page 4 and 5 super sweet :)

5. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    yeah, but Nick had the 100th post :(

...rat bastard... :)

6. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    damn some guys get all the luck

7. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    the instant messaging again LOL

you find your gunner yet? last I checked, they're down to $9-10 on ebay.

We need to start watching Target's, they're getting 41-44 and lots of clones. Ours will stock up soon.

8. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    <-- Approaching 500x posts :D

9. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    lol No gunner yet still looking. I want to find another Clone Commander (been itching to open mine) and Clone Pilot ( my ARC needs a pilot). Yeah have to keep an eye on the Targets, because I'm sure they will stock maybe one of each of 41-44 at a time and they will be gone asap. I just hope the variants end with Anakin #2.

10. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    yeah, me too. Variants are a challange, but an unnecessary waste of $5.24 1-40 isnt 40 figures, its 43 after all of the variants. crazy. cant wait for the nemodian warrior though. looks sweet

11. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah the nemodian warrior looks cool and the super articulated Clone Trooper is apparently a Target exclusive so that should be a challenge to find.

12. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    they *officially* hit shelves May 8th (probably earlier) so if you me and nick each go to a different target on the morning of the 8th, we may just find some between the three of us.

let me know

13. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    sounds like a plan. Nick just scored x2 of the Anakin variant. I'm getting one off of him :)

14. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Oh Ravenjack you stole my thunder...
    oh well :)

interesting story...

I went down to the super walmart on 19 and started digging through the figures. I saw about 10 of #2 Anakin and then there right behind a Chewbacca...!

I searched through the rest and then went to the star wars isle before realizing that not only had I not found another of the dooku Anakin, I hadnt found another Anakin period. So I checked out and left.

I went out to my car and was about to leave when this guy in a van parked not exactly behind me but just enough off to the side that I couldnt really back out the way I wanted to, so as i'm sitting there in my car I realize that it sound kinda funny and should probably put some water in it. So i shut it off and went back inside.

On my way into the grocery sectin I remembered that they set up another star wars display next to some of the checkout registers, so I start digging through. Lo and behold another Anakin! so I called up Matt and the rest is history. The car is fine and Matt and I are proud owners of the Anakin # 2 variation.

I think it would be a good idea for all of us to go ahead and list off what we are looking for so that if another one of us sees it we know.

After tonight I will have 1-40 plus the 2 major variations (Palpatine and Anakin)

I would like however another gunner to open (after we get one for Matt of course) as well as another Palpatine #35 other than that I cant think of any.

15. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well thanks to Matt (Ravenjack) all of the SW figures now have a home with me. now to catch up completly i just need to pick up the last 2 sneak preview figures. I'll probably just go ahead and do that tomorrow.

16. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I forgot all about the sneak preview figs I never even bought them doh! I'm still looking for a gunner and I would like to add another Clone commander and Clone Pilot to the collection. And of course 41-44 when they become available :)

17. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Thanks again Nick for the blue guard and anakin variant

18. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    No prob. Thank you for the three :) I have alot of figures on my shelves...it looks beautiful hehe

19. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I don't know if you guys are collecting any of the deluxe figures, but the new wave is out at Target. I picked up the Clone Trooper with jet pack (kinda cool), the rebuild Vader on the operating table (very freaking cool), and the Vulture Droid and Buzz droid (Good sized fig for the price). They only had one of each and I went to the Tyrone Target and Super Target.

20. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    i dont do deluxe, but will probably buy the clone and vader based on coolness factor. Onward!

21. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Yah me too...My walls are pretty

22. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    I was just at the super target yesterday and got the clone trooper with the jet pack, but that's all they had. I skipped today, and was planning on going back tomorrow. Wouldn't you know it, they stock in between days!

I want the vader for sure. I also want the clone trooper exclusive, which is due out May 8th, and of course still looking for #38.

I'd also like to get the gunship. Toys R Us had a bunch, but was hoping walmart would get them so they'd be $5 cheaper. But, haven't seen them there yet.

I'm also collecting the movie cards. The best way to buy them is in the 9.99 boxes where you get an extra box free, but they are really hard to find. However, went to the Target in Oldsmar today and found 5! So between myself and a friend we have 8 boxes total. We aren't opening them until after the midnight showing because of spoilers, and we are hoping we'll have more than enough and can then return the unopened boxes or sell on ebay. These boxes are very hard to find.

23. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Just curious, has anyone found the exclusive glow in the dark Emperor PEZ dispenser? I finally found a large display at walmart on missourri, and bought all the dispensers i didnt have (G.G., death star, new chewbacca) they had a pile of palp's but not one emperor :(

So either someone picked through them all and took them, or they arent getting them. Guess i'll have to hit ebay :(

onward

24. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I have yet to see one of those jace. I did pick up the grievous, and death star at kash and karry but didnt see the chewbacca so I guess I still need that one

25. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    If anyone wanted extras, or needed these, I counted no less than 6x Clone commanders, 6x Palpatine #35 (all red) 6x Exploding Grievous and 12x (yes twelve) Clone pilots at the US-19 Walmart (super center) at around midnight this morning.

Happy hunting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.