main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming From Datapads to 'Droids: Mobile Star Wars Gaming Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Hopeless, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    MOD EDIT- Repurposing thread for general SW Mobile Gaming discussion.

Have you heard about this? [Star Wars: Uprising]

Sounds like its set following the end of ROTJ depicting the reaction to the Emperor's death!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  2. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    It looks pretty interesting. Does that new Emperor fella have a name? Is he featured in any other Star Wars material up to this point?

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It's a mobile game.

4. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Aw, that's not fair. Mobile gaming has come a long way*. I've been enjoying Star Wars Commander without spending money on it, and I've been playing it since its debut. I'm willing to give this game a chance.

*This coming from someone who actually doesn't like most mobile games.

Jhotoh_Yularis likes this.
  5. Jhotoh_Yularis

Jhotoh_Yularis Jedi Master

Mar 12, 2015
    [​IMG]

Set in the Anoat Sector which is the region in the Outer Rim that features the planets: Hoth*, Bespin (Cloud City**) and Burnin Konn***.

*In the years after the Battle of Hoth, the ruins of Echo Base hulk in the distance behind huge metal sculptures that used to be AT-ATs. Scavengers set up temporary base camps to pull scrap from the metal giants.

**A completely man-made, massive, floating, gas mining colony of a few million workers, tourists and support staff hovering over the gas planet of Bespin. The Imperial Garrison was abandoned shortly after news of the Emperor’s death.

***A mining colony for chromium and other rare ores, Burnin Konn isn't somewhere anyone would choose to live. The surface is a mostly uninhabitable and entirely inhospitable wasteland.

Factions:

The Rebel Alliance

Claiming allegiance to the Rebel Alliance but long out of contact with the larger group, the local Rebels are mainly comprised of former workers displaced by the Empire and a new generation grown up during the rebellion who believe in a return to the Republic.

The Nobles

Nearly stomped out by the Empire, the descendents of the original Anoat leaders survive as a secret society dedicated to protecting the population and interested in a return to Pre-Republic governance and an independent sector.

Trade Spine League

Half union, half privateer network, this group of smugglers and freelance mercenaries values personal freedom, independence and relaxed regulations above all else.

Characters:

Riley
    [​IMG]

Orphaned on Burnin Konn’s mining colony, Riley and her younger sibling became a promising pair of thieves until Riley was thrown from a building. A cybernetic leg brace briefly put her back in action but she mainly uses her wits and planning skills now.

Deathstick
    [​IMG]

Whispered of but rarely seen in public, Deathstick rose up from a street level criminal to become the most legendary assassin in the sector. Twitchy and prone to sadistic flights of fancy, few people seek out an audience with her.

Imperial Governor Adelhard
    [​IMG]

Adelhard is in charge of the Anoat sector of space. When he receives word the Emperor was killed, he shuts down all travel and communications in and out of his system. Those who oppose the status quo or speak anti-Imperial “rumors” are killed. His enforcer and right-hand man is Commander Bragh.

Commander Bragh

[​IMG]

Commander Bragh, under the orders of Governor Adelhard, enforces Imperial law within the Anoat sector. He leads the terrifying Purge Troopers – huge, black Stormtroopers far more powerful than the average foot soldier.

Brask.

[​IMG]

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/04/3-new-official-star-wars-characters-revealed

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-uprising-lets-fans-799998

http://playstarwarsuprising.com

Miras-Etrin, spicer and Vib3s like this.
  6. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Looks like an interesting game! Especially considering what it adds to the new lore.

The characters and setting all look really intriguing. Also, Brask looks friggin sweet, really interested in learning more about him!

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if my junky old iPhone 4s will be able to handle it.

7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Commander Blargh.... Can't help it. :p

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

damn it.

WriterMan, Maharishineo and Jedi_Matt like this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Looks freaking epic. Can't wait to make a character. You can even be a diplomat. I think that's cool we're getting the choice of any SW profession. I love Jedi, but glad they won't have it in the game at launch. Here's hoping I get in to the beta! Can't wait to play this on my iPad!

JediMatteus likes this.
  10. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015

Sounds interesting, but looking at this poster makes me wonder if they have no other ideas than what is already developed?

Characters look like Vader, Finn, Poe and Rey... o_O

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    sorry but a mobile game is the exact opposite of epic.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Well I'm not as cynical as you are towards mobile. On my iPad I play the other SW games (Force Collection, Commander, Galactic Defense, Card Trader, KOTOR) and they're awesome. Gives me more SW on another platform.

13. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    game sounds epic, but i bet you have to pay to play, and their will be lots of bugs early on

14. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    So, is Riley Rey´s mother?

BTW, it looks like reaction of imeperial authorities is just like in this video.

Hamawald and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  15. Jhotoh_Yularis

Jhotoh_Yularis Jedi Master

Mar 12, 2015
    Not to go too off topic or open a can of worms.

It seems inevitable for Star Wars to draw on familiar aesthetics even if a story is set thousands of years away from another, that was one of my nitpicks with The Old Republic, the Republic army looked far too much like the Clones and when you jump ahead in time and think about the Clones you realize that they weren't actually the army of the Republic at first, they were commissioned and adopted, molded to represent the Republic (even though they were a by and large a trojan horse for Palpatine) but prior to the Clones we never actually saw what a Republic army would have even looked like so who is to say they would have been decked out in armor like Clones and Imperial Stormtroopers, take away thousands of years and how does that even make sense? They never give you a sense that technologies have changed, there's no contrast like there is between the Prequels vs. the OT where one was shiny and the other was lived in, dirty, decaying, antique feeling because of oppression/tyranny.

Just a little rant which i hope doesn't end up derailing this thread lol

To bring it back to Uprising though, you could argue that well it really hasn't been that long since RotJ and there are bound to be outfits and things that will look derivative to other things. It's the Empire i'm sure when they made Purge troopers they wanted to make them look scary and who better to model after than Vader. As far as the other stuff i think that's just some innocent similarities and signs of the times/era that we're dabbling in.

KING_KENOBI and darskpine10 like this.
  16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    people really don't know what epic means.

17. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Depends on how you define it. Do you go with its Greek origin, which is just defined as "a poem detailing heroic deeds" there isn't too much discrepancy. The game revolves around heroic deeds. Epic works with the more simpler modern definition people have been using since the advent of the internet, which is defined in much simpler manner as "super awesome" then that might work too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it's neither.

19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Your signature is pretty ironic, just saying.

20. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    maybe this game offers an explanation to how in the blazes lukes old lasersword got recovered..you know...same sector and all

PS.How come one of the playable factions isnt the Empire..I dont really care for the rebels,I wanna send in the star destroyers and stormtroopers to crush said rebels,

21. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    This game must have been made by a bunch of rebel sympathiser scum. To think the Empire is the villain...

Other than not being able to play as the Empire I am intrigued by this game and I really hope it will be good. I wonder if it may tie in a little bit to Aftermath since both takes place at the same time and will probably be released around the same time as well.

And hearing something about Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber would be cool.

22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Wouldn't surprise me if Vader ordered it retrieved.

If Cloud City refines gas maybe it swept up that saber and it was retrieved following ESB.

More wondering how bad that guy is that even a Hutt joins a rebel cell to topple him?!

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    actually it's not. it's not epic either.

24. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Yeah that really bothered me about "the old republic" too,to the point it felt more like a generic version of star wars or an alternate universe or something.

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I keep checking my email daily to see if beta invites went out yet... :p Really hope I can test this game out. Been waiting for a big SW app to hit that falls in line with canon. I know Commander sort of does, but not on this scale.