main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars VII ARG?!!?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Mr JJ Abrams and his production company Bad Robot have uploaded a teaser for an upcoming project:

You may think.... this obviously isn't anything to do with Star Wars. Many media outlets are just passing this off as a trailer for JJ's upcoming tv series, Believe. Yet that already has a trailer... so why he upload a mystery trailer for an already announced project?

Well, lets have a think about this guys. You may remember when JJ was making Cloverfield, he announced it through a series of viral alternate reality games (ARGs) where people had to sort through a mystery of sorts and decipher the information from the lies.

This all kind of fits too with no reveal at D23... are they are really trying to tease us? Many media outlets are already suggesting that Disney are going to dump some info on us soon to pacify us after their wickedness at D23.

Ok the video its self, Yes it doesn't fit the tone of Star Wars, but perhaps this is all metaphoric... even the title stranger, may literally suggest this is all stranger than it appears. notice the establishing shot... the stars, the camera spends an unnecessarily long amount of time focusing on the stars.
    Then their is the mention of rebirth, something that fits in quite well with the rumors and our own speculation on the Netherworld thread.
    One final thing to note is at the end of the trailer the phrase "soon he will know" is displayed. The he and know then disappear leaving nothing behind but "Soon Will"... Wait a minute... S W... STAR WARS.

So guys...
    LET'S STEP ABOARD THE SPECULATION TRAIN.

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I am 99.999999% sure this has nothing to do with Star Wars at all.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Is that Christopher Nolan's Bane narrating the Lost Season 7 trailer?

spicer likes this.
  4. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    It's likely for their Twilight Zone movie or one of numerous other projects they have in the works.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Already discussed over in the JJ thread yesterday, guys. :)

eht13 likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I think a VII ARG would be really cool, but I doubt this is the start of it. All of the other Abrams ARGs had a 'rabbit hole' so you know what the ARG is somewhat related to. Cloverfield's ARG started with a (title less) trailer for Cloverfield, and Super 8's started within the infamous 'train' Super 8 trailer. I'd assume that such a game would start when a full SW teaser launches. Starting directly with the cryptic videos is generally not how these things work.

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Walt Disney is proud to present Star Wars Episode VII!

[​IMG]

Yeah somehow I'm just not seeing it.

eht13 likes this.
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I doubt it has anything to do with Star Wars. Its probably just another one of the many movies/tv shows/whatnot that Abrams is able to make on the fly since it seems like he can't go 5 days without making another tv show that confuses us all :p

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Friends don't let friends open redundant threads.

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.