main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Star Wars VII - Your Synopsis

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darthamon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Very true

General Immodet likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah but did the Vong storyline have a vague half-assed conclusion that pissed off the entire fanbase? I ask since I've never read these books but have played the M.E. games.

3. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I'd like to see the ST parallel the previous films in ways that one wouldn't expect given the parallels between the PT and the OT. For instance, rather than centering on the direct offspring of the protagonist of the last trilogy, it could center on Han and Leia's child or children (which is what a lot of people are assuming will be the case anyway). Rather than Luke filling the Obi-Wan role as most expect him to, maybe he's more like this trilogy's Yoda, the Jedi master in hiding that the main characters have to seek out. Maybe Leia could be the more involved Obi-Wan figure, having learned the ways of the Force in between films. Or maybe Han is the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan mentor figure that dies in the first film of the trilogy, motivating the protagonists' emotional journey for the rest of the trilogy. Basically, I don't want the ST to reflect the OT in the exact same way the PT does. There's plenty of room for less direct parallels.

4. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Monomyth or bust.
    It can follow a similar thematic structure without being identical. Also, don't confuse theme with plot. Or rather, JJ Abrams, don't confuse theme with plot, k?

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    7) Luke dies. The fledgling Jedi order must carry on without him, their symbolic father figure.
    8) Some of the new Jedi, or one of their best, are tempted by the darkside.
    9) The future of the Jedi, and the galaxy, is determined. A new Jedi master leads the order through temptation. The lightside wins.

6. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Hmmm, maybe ME mirrors SW as well as SW mirroring ME.

ME: Releasing an unsatifactory ending then releasing an add-on to change it
    SW: Releasing the entire OT, then releasing them as the SE

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    ME: Add-on turns out to be bullocks as well though it doesn't anger the fans as much.
    SW: Blu-ray re-releases doesn't improve on anything that upset the fans the last time, and in fact, worsens some things that didn't need to be changed.

8. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    [face_laugh]

edit: Why the hell does it do that with those quotes?

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What's it doing with the quotes?

10. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    do you not see it? on my screen it has stretched the quotes out

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  12. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks. that seems to have fixed it

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Glad to hear it. Tables usually do serve to unravel confusion.

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Interesting vision. Here's mine.

The Empire has been brought down & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as being a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Perhaps the use of the Force is outlawed altogether. Some extremists go as far as to demand persecution for anyone practicing or teaching the Force. (PS. all of this should NOT be conveyed by dull political scenes. It can mostly be covered by the opening crawl & a few exchanges between characters).

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location (not Tatooine!). He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when an old Imperial bad guy turns up with the Imperial fleet (& possibly a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the Republic is in deep you-know-what. This isn't a conflict they can hope to win via conventional means. Guess who goes crawling to Luke & co to save the day? An emissary is sent to him asking for help, maybe Han &/or Leia. To up the personal motivation for Luke, I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire him up!

What's the theme? Maybe the need for balance. The Empire came about because those with knowledge of the Force gained too much power. Going to the extreme in the other direction however is just as dangerous.
    On a personal level, for Luke the theme is a continuation of the one shown in ESB & RoTJ. Not to be seduced by power. When he's brought back into the fold of the Republic, maybe in the 2nd & 3rd films, he can see ultimate power within his grasp. He would just have to take it. Where the likes of Palpatine & Vader were corrupted by this he stands strong & at the very end, leaves power in the hands of the people.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  15. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
  16. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    It's vital that Ep 7 feels like a continuation from the previous episode. Starting over would make it feel like a sequel, whereas it's not. Not really. It's just the next chapter of the saga. Therefore it must pick up loose ends from the previous 6 films. ROTJ did leave a few things hanging e.g. What would happen to the Empire now the Emperor was dead? Did Sidious ever learn the secret of cheating death? Did Luke intend to resurrect the Jedi Order? If so, how would the galaxy react to the son of Vader leading a new order of Jedi Knights? SW is a saga which should have a beginning, middle and end. One day, when all 9 or 12 films are watched chronologically, there should be an overall recognisable story arc with the end of ROTJ acting as a turning point in the story, much like the end of ANH. If the writer starts completely afresh, then SW will become like just another Sci-Fi serial. Lucasfilm have to make Ep7 appear like a natural progression from Ep 6 and not an afterthought or an add on (which, of course, it is!)

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't want to necessarily envision what I want the ST to be like thus to avoid any kind of disappointment. I'll accept whatever is thrown at me as long as it's not poop jokes.

18. Karriz

Karriz Jedi Padawan

Jan 26, 2013
    I think they should indeed do something like the Yuuzhan Vong. The EU that happened before the invasion could stay intact, but the rest could be overwritten. The whole galaxy fighting together is a neat idea, much better than yet another Dark Jedi cult.

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE VII
    Legacy of the Jedi
    It is a chaotic time for the galaxy. After the defeat of the Empire, the HEROIC REBEL ALLIANCE
    regained control over Coruscant and freed thousands of other worlds. However, true peace remains elusive.
    All attempts to establish a new democracy have failed, causing vast areas of the
    galaxy to collapse into ruin while remnant Imperial Governors continue to rule over their rogue systems.
    Meanwhile, Ambassador Leia Organa Solo is traveling to the galactic center to assist in the creation of a
    new SENATE when her ship encounters the fugitive bounty hunter BOSSK.

Opens above the moon of Endor 30+ years after RotJ. We see a small Imperial craft being chased by a large Republic Cruiser. Similar to ANH, but mirrored so the Rebels are now the big side. Leia, Han and their daughter, Jaina, are on board.

They capture the craft. On board is the Imperial fugitive bounty hunter Bossk. He has a hologram transmission of an Imperial Governor claiming that his system has been invaded. He needs help. Leia senses an opportunity and orders a ship to cautiously investigate.

[​IMG]

Jaina is a pilot, and headstrong. She takes a squadron and Bossk takes them back. There are no signs of ships in orbit but as they land they witness an invasion force already on the surface. The world is a giant-crystalline planet. They are shot down, crash, and then begin fighting. They join some Imperials and scrappy Storm Troopers against the barbarian force around them. We are introduced to a new baddie, a big hulking barbarian general. He kills the Imperial Governor before everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suddenly a small craft lands and a lone figure runs down the ramp, ignites a lightsaber and starts to help the Imperials. He cuts through dozens of baddies. They start fighting along side him and learn he's named Ben, but eventually the huge hulking warrior captures him and they fly off. He drops his lightsaber and Jaina picks it up.

The Imperial takes them to a secret underground cavern, where they travel in a rocket sled. It zips along a cable to another crystal structure in the cavern. They are chased by the warriors in other sleds and eventually captured. (Represents Platos Cave and embracing the Light again.)

[​IMG]

Jaina, the Imperial, the Stormtrooper and Bossk are imprisoned and taken to a mother ship and flown off the planet and back to the Barbarian home base. The air is unbreathable and the humans where air tanks. We meet the Barbarian General again. He kills Bossk in front of his army. While in their cell Jaina begins to hear a ‘voice’ and she hatches a plan to break out. It is here that the Imperial reveals that he’s actually a Bothan Spy. They manage to send a coded transmission back to Leia. She recognizes the lighsaber as Luke's No one has seen him in 25 years.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Using the lightsaber, Jaina brakes out of the cell. They make their way thru the base to a ring where the General is fighting the Jedi. The fight is a form of entertainment for the Barbarians. The Barbarian General has force abilities but they are not organized. It’s just raw power.

Jaina she throws him back his lightsaber. The Jedi and the General fight and the General is badly hurt. They all manage to escape the planet and blow up the base. Just as they reach the Republic Fleet they are fired upon by some Barbarian fighter ships who had chased them.

Han helps fight off the fighters and just in the nick of time they are blasted away. He looks out of the window and sees a familiar site. Blocking out the sun is the Millennium Falcon. All parties meet in the hangar bay. A mysterious hooded figure, dressed in white, walks down the Falcon’s ramp and Ben runs over to greet him. “Hi Father”, yells Ben. The figure removes his hood and we see an old Luke Skywalker

Leia and Han are shocked. "When I told you I owed you one, I didn't think you'd borrow my ship for twenty years". And the 3 old friends are now reunited.
    Luke reveals the Barbarians are Mandalorians. They are a race with no real civilization, nor any true order. Their ‘leaders’, however usually are dark side users. They intend to invade.

Without explaining anything the two Jedi fly off. We'd follow him to some remote mountainous world. Their ship lands on a tall thin mountain, which resembles the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but naturally made. It's ancient. At the top is a large flat circular summit, with stone statues of robed figures. They both exit and walk over to a red haired woman. We pan out as Luke says something like... "Everything is going as planned"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The movie would end with the main characters back on Coruscant, cheering the creation of the Senate and would intercut with a montage of Outer Rim planets now being invaded. The main characters act happy, but now know that things are dire.

The End.

EP 8: The Mandalorian Armada has taken control of the Outer Rim and enslaved many systems. Some Imperial Governors join forces with the Republic. Jaina feels compelled to follow a voice. She travels to that mysterious mountainous world and meets a dozen others figures. Some human, some alien. They all climb the mountain and help each other. Once at the top, they are greeted by Luke Skywalker and Ben, who begins their training. During this time Luke discovers that the Bothan Spy is a true and just person, and begins guiding him as well. Luke is looking for a “Good King” to lead the people and the galaxy.

EP 9: Ben, Jaina and the new Jedi Knights fight off the Armada and free the enslaved peoples of the Galaxy. The Empire is fully gone. The Bothan Spy finds his calling and becomes a true leader of the people. Word spreads and citizens across the galaxy rise up against the Mandelorians. They begin to look up to the Jedi again. The last movie is all about how Luke establishes a new Jedi Order, with Ben and Jaina as it’s Masters and Leia finally brings out peace in a New Republic.

Revenge of the Dak and V-2 like this.
  20. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    i mean we all want to see the previous movies honoured. keep the sith dead and continue luke's training. but at the end of the day these are pieces of entertainment and disney know that lightsabre fights sell movies. will they honour lucas and continue the story or will they just bring the sith back and have lots of fights. i hope not

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I have postulated in my other thread that one way they can 'resurrect' the Sith is for a mysterious new Sith to appear only to find out (maybe in Episode 8?) that the Emperor survived his fall at the end of ROTJ, perhaps by using the oft talked about 'way to cheat death' that he banged on about in the PT.

Many have said that this is lazy storywriting, that he died and should be buried etc (which I agree with) but if you think about the common thread of the whole trilogy being him (instead of the Skywalkers) it could make sense and I could see it being an attractive way to bring back the Sith to give the Jedi someone their equal to fight in the ST.

After all, with Sidious dead where do the Sith come from?

A logical alternative to that would be Luke training Jedi quietly somewhere and you find out that one of them has 'fallen' to the dark side, they would find some sort of McGuffin (a holocron - whatever that is) and that teaches them everything they need to shoot lightning and become the new foe/s in the ST.

This idea is infinitely more interesting in my opinion, although you lose the 'old enemy' and the opportunity to bring back an iconic character.

In the end, who the hell knows? Maybe there won't be any Sith? I very much doubt it though.

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ok logical story *gets into Spock mode*: Ok Luke/Han/Leia's children have to fight off a new Sith from destroying/taking over the galaxy. **** goes down. Lightsabers happen. And the inevitable reaction will be something along the lines of "But why weren't the Original cast the main cast! I wanted to see more of them!!!". Roll credits. Cue the money

23. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    A logical alternative to that would be Luke training Jedi quietly somewhere and you find out that one of them has 'fallen' to the dark side, they would find some sort of McGuffin (a holocron - whatever that is) and that teaches them everything they need to shoot lightning and become the new foe/s in the ST.

This idea is infinitely more interesting in my opinion, although you lose the 'old enemy' and the opportunity to bring back an iconic character.

In the end, who the hell knows? Maybe there won't be any Sith? I very much doubt it though

.i like the idea of an anarchist, ala Joker. palpatine represented full control and he was defeated, so logically the heroes now need to face someone who wants to cause chaos. my story would be this. the galaxy is in a kind of cold war. since the end of ROTJ the galaxy has been split between the new republic and those still sympathetic towards the empire, who i call the confederacy of free systems. there would be a peace but tension at the same time. both parties would still have armies. enter my villian, a terriost from the outer rim [possible mandorlian, have not decieded yet] who wants to incite war between the republic and confederacy and when they destroy each other he will enter with his army and and take control. the army would not be force users, they would be a little like north korea. but the villian woul have force knowledge. my feeling he would have studied his enemies and and learned their powers so he could beat them. thats when leia would send her son, jacen solo to find her brother luke who has disappered 20 years ago. it would be a little like 7 samurai, with the people begging the new jedi order for help. what you think?

24. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I honestly can't answer this without knowing how far out we are from ROTJ. The timing changes everything.

While happy and joyous, the fall of an entire Empire would certainly lead to an immense period of unrest, anarchy, infighting, and to put it simply; chaos. See Egypt.

Then again, if we are four decades removed, we could have a small faction of newly trained Jedi, and some wonderful "end-game" storylines for our old favorites (Han, etc.)

Then again, what if we are 100 years out, and Mark, Carrie, and Harrison have nothing to do with this project? That would change the game entirely.

I would like to think that we are somewhere between 20 - 40 years removed from ROTJ.

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm one of those people who's hoping for a storyline where the Galaxy has fallen into a chaotic widespread "dark ages," like after the fall of the Roman empire, and the task for the main characters across three movies is to rebuild the Republic into a new&improved version of it.