main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    no, it probarly sound terrible.

Also here's what can be said about it being canon.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    The older I get, the less I care about canon.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    i only care about the canon of movies and tv shows.

4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I feel like it’s guaranteed to be native English because it’s on D+, and an optional Japanese dub.

Don’t want to sound like an elitist snob but I may watch this with the Japanese dub if it was dubbed first. A lot of the time when these studios create a character they have a very specific VA in mind and during production they work closely to get the right tone/execution. When they go back to do the English dub often time they’re given the script and no real direction.

What can happen is you can watch the same scene in two different dubs and get different impacts due to choices of inflection etc. in these situations I prefer the original Japanese dub because I feel like it’s a better reflection of the direction the studio wanted.

Now if they get a stellar English voice cast then that might change things but dubs can be very hit or miss.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  5. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    I don't need a live action adaption. I would like to see a full on anime series though, even though I'm actualy not even realy into Anime.

This just feels right, it immediately clicked with me and I wondered why this hasnt been done before (besides the very very awesome TIE fighter anime)

It's a great idea to open up the verse and give creative people all the freedom to explore and revitalize the franchize without worring too much about continuity issues etc. I would love to see more experimental / playfull content from Disney. This can only be good for Star Wars.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hopefully this means they make adoptations of their mangas.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Looks pretty cool. The anime style, along with the anthology approach, is reminiscent of The Animatrix.

8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    It's very Jedi focused, rather than Rebels vs Empire, for a change.

TK-2814, SilentGuy66 and Count Yubnub like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Makes sense, Jedi/Samurai.

10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Will there be another fight between Toby-One and Dennis?

11. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Loved the sneak peak. Huge anime fan and it’s cool we’re getting so many different styles. I’m hoping for each one is at least 10 minutes long so we can at least have 90 minutes of unique content.

https://www.starwars.com/news/anime-expo-lite-star-wars-visions

So it’ll be 5ish weeks after Bad Batch finale. Kind of wished they were weekly just so we had a new one every week leading up to Fett.

Actually maybe this might be a series I force myself to not binge. Might be a tough ask.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This show will almost certainly be done in English and then Japanese. Not the other way around.

13. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Love the preview, really excited.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This will be the first actual anime I have ever seen. I look forward to it

15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This makes me think they won't be canon. Pretty much a female Darth Vader suit. Maybe a few will be canon, but I don't think broadly speaking they will be:

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Some will most likely be at least in broad strokes. We are getting a book that continues the story of one of the shorts. So I assume whichever short that is is canon. Not that it matters. I am glad that they let them do whatever and not constrain themselves to canon.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I need random Easter Eggs from other anime series. Some Jedi walk past Vampire Hunter D, Devilman sitting in a cantina.

Above all, I plan to be reduced to ash if a Star Destroyer cruises past Captain Harlock's Arcadia.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here's your answer

[​IMG]

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I adore this. One of the things that make anime and its source materials so cool is how broad and imaginative the storytelling can be. This is going to be a total treat visually. All the art looks topnotch. Triggers' artwork is colorful and stunning as would be expected. Now would be a good time to go watch Promare if you haven't seen it.

21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    You miiiiight wanna look up "Second Sister" and "Seventh Sister"

Shaak Ti, juanw and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    looks great

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Star Wars Bunny. move aside Jaxxon a new bunny star has come forth.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Not to mention her brother's armour is basically Vader with a scout trooper helmet
    [​IMG]

25. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I’m honestly so pumped for these. I really really really hope this is the start of something more. Building a better relationship to these studios and expand. Maybe a show or two.

As for the canon debate my interpretation is that it’s canon unless it’s a huge contradiction to the galaxy as we know it. I’m talking Luke joining Vader big. If it’s small stuff like we’ve seen in Mando or Bad Batch then no reason to not consider it canon.

Huncrweo, DLCV, juanw and 3 others like this.