main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope it visits all three etasje with both old and new characters.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Why, because anime only takes Japanese culture into consideration? Have you actually ever watched anime or are you just making gross generalizations?

TCF-1138 likes this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How long is each episode of Star Wars visions is supposed to be by the length of minutes?

I wonder if visions could become the dragonball of Star Wars since this is a Japanese anime show.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We don't know yet.
    Huh? What does "Dragonball of Star Wars" even mean?
    And this doesn't seem to be a show in the traditional sense, but a series of unrelated short films.

5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    True but this Star Wars vision show is anime and me exaggerating about it being like dragonball franchise.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Watched a lot of it, that's why I'm questioning it.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    But anime frequently draws from other cultures than the Japanese one, so I really don't understand what you're getting at.

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Indeed it does, but what if this project doesn't? We don't know yet, we will have to wait and see.

9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    But... you were the one who said that you didn't think they'd do that. So what made you think that?

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    u know anime has different styles ....

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Love Death + Robots is one good reference point for this, sure, but even more appropriate would be The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Halo: Legends (LD+R is worked on primarily by American animation studios [Tim Miller's Blur front and center] while the latter three were done entirely by various Japanese anime studios, much like Star Wars: Visions will be). All three of those are anime anthology adaptations of western properties in a variety of different styles that fall under the anime umbrella (there is a very wide array of styles that anime can take – these episodes will all look distinct for sure), and are scattered through various points in their respective properties' timelines while focusing on a variety of characters, some pre-existing and others created specifically for the anthology.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I hope we get 2D and 3D.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anime literally just means cartoons from Japan so it could theoretically look like anything so long as it’s made in Japan

TCF-1138 likes this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd rather keep this 2D. Would love an episode with Megalo Box's art style emulating old school anime.

AndrewPascoe likes this.
  15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Just a reminder: we'll get our first look at this show tomorrow. :)

16. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Oh gret, completely forgot about that.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh that’s good

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Triumphant.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Funnily enough if you ask someone from Japan what anime means they’ll tell you animation. Anecdotally the Despicable me spin off Minions has been described in Japan as an incredibly popular anime.

In saying that I’m confident that what will be shown will be traditional Japanese animation.

Cannot wait for tomorrow. Hopefully we get a small teaser with clips from some of the episodes. I will however be satisfied with a few key art pieces and a list of studios actually working on the project.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am excited as I want a purely anthology show and I think that’s what we’ll get

Riv_Shiel and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Today's the day.

Cynda likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its happening now, im watching the live stream, looks great. Jedi, sith bounty hunters, imperials and more.