main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Visions (Spoilers in Spoiler TAGS please)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 17, 2021.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Aardman... I wonder if we'll get a stop-motion/claymation short. That would be really cute!

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Also with that title I have a feeling it's gonna be very tongue-in-cheek like any good Aardman work.

Dream-Thinker and Senpezeco like this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh nice, that is pretty soon. We had heard so little I was worried it had been pushed back. Hope we get a trailer soon!

I am far from an animation expert, but this looks like a solid line up of studios.

I am particularly excited about Cartoon Saloon being here - I have loved everything of theirs that I have seen, and I felt that their whole approach to storytelling feels appropriate to star wars, so they were the top spot on my wishlist when I heard Visions was going global.

Also shout out to Studio Mir who has produced some really gorgeous animation in the past, so that short should be a visual treat at the very least. Though admittedly the title "Journey to the Dark Head" makes me scratch my own head.

Speaking of titles...well, no synopsis for any of them, so just the titles to go for trying to guess what the story's are about, but other than "I am your mother" feeling parodic, it is not a lot to work with. Still, Screecher's Reach, The Spy Dancer, The Bandits of Golak, and Aau's Song are all giving me vibes that intrigue me.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I love the idea of Aardman doing SW.

6. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    May 4th (aside from the obvious) is a nice surprise date to keep the shows coming post Mandalorian. I was worried about having to come off the post Bad Batch to Mando content high and this should ease the withdrawal.

I'll keep an open mind. I'm not the biggest fan of straight out comedy animation, but expecting a mix of tones so there should be something to appeal to me. I'll admit I'm more eager to hear when more Star Wars anime might be coming (aside from the one Studio this go round). The appeal of Visions for me was much more Star Wars anime specifically than a global animation appraoch and I still wish that would have been what we go for Season 2. But, open mind like I said, and happy for others to get to see some of their wished for studios get a shot (I will continue to patiently wait for my Sunrise produced starfighter project)

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We did have a good mix of tones last time so I'm content with trusting them at present.

Also they best give me more Ronin.

And Ninth Jedi.

And maybe Am and Karre.

Or else.

Otherwise, sure, I'm a lovely, calm fan.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Ronin got a novel and comic continuation at least. I certainly love to see more of the Ninth Jedi and Lop and Ocho at least. (The Village Bride is my favorite and while part of me would love to see more of F, it is admittedly more of a self-contained story than those two and doesn't have an obvious continuation.)
    ....also a canon reference to Boba Fett liking a band called Star Waver.

Still, Visions was largely about getting unique twists on the star wars formula and setting through the creative visions of different studios, so I understand having each volume bring in more studios with their own takes each time, rather than turning each of the popular entries into their own little franchises.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    The opening had me gaping.
    the mention of a port-a-potty has me hating that one. That insert is absolutely unnecessary.
    Some of the art is PHENOMENAL

11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    C'mon, that's clearly the Aardman short. It makes perfect sense.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-star-wars-vision

Here’s your first look at new visions of the Star Wars galaxy.

At the Star Wars: Visions panel today at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm and Disney+ revealed the official trailer for Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 — the follow-up to the critically acclaimed debut season of the animated anthology series. True to the spirit of the show, Volume 2 will feature nine new shorts from nine studios from across the globe, all with their own unique take on the saga.

The trailer is filled with quick cuts between the shorts, showcasing the diverse styles of each. There’s the colorful and intense “Sith,” which opens the trailer with a lightsaber battle; the delightful stop motion and humor of “I Am Your Mother”; and a powerful moment from 2D-animated “In the Stars” by Punkrobot, in which a girl stands her ground against a TIE fighter.

Finally, the full cast for Volume 2 was also announced today, featuring some amazing surprises, including Denis Lawson returning as Wedge Antilles in “I Am Your Mother” and screen icon Anjelica Huston as the Sith Mother in “Screecher’s Reach.” See the list below.

“Sith” by El Guiri

A former Sith apprentice, leading a peaceful, but isolated life, is confronted by the past when her old master tracks her down.

ÚRSULA CORBERÓ as Lola

LUIS TOSAR as Sith Master

ÚRSULA CORBERÓ and LUIS TOSAR also voice their characters in the Spanish dub.

“Screecher’s Reach” by Cartoon Saloon

A young girl, seeking reprieve from her days in a rural workhouse, discovers a legendary haunted cave with her friends. The cave’s dark pull will change the trajectory of her life forever.

EVA WHITTAKER as Daal

ALEX CONNOLLY as Baython

NOAH RAFFERTY as Quinn

MOLLY MCCANN as Keena

ANJELICA HUSTON as Sith Mother

NIAMH MOYLES as Ghost

“In the Stars” by Punkrobot

Two sisters, the last of their kind who live in hiding on their ravaged land, squabble about how to survive with the Empire encroaching. On a water run, the sisters must fight back when they are discovered.

VALENTINA MUHR as Koten

JULIA OVIEDO as Tichina

KATE DICKIE as Officer

AMPARO NOGUERA as Officer

VALENTINA MUHR and JULIA OVEIDO also voice their characters in the Spanish Dub

“I Am Your Mother” by Aardman

Young pilot Anni, who is embarrassed by her sweet, but clingy mum, must team with her for a madcap family race at the academy. Along the way, their relationship is tested by the elements, their old ship, other racers...and each other!

MAXINE PEAKE as Kalina Kalfus

CHARITHRA CHANDRAN as Annisoukaline Kalfus

DAISY HAGGARD as Dorota Van Reeple

BEBE CAVE as Julan Van Reeple

DENIS LAWSON as Wedge Antilles

“Journey to the Dark Head” by Studio Mir (Korean Language Cast)

A hopeful mechanic and disillusioned young Jedi team up for a risky and unlikely quest to turn the tide of the galactic war, but dark forces tail them.

JANG YE NA as Ara / Young Ara

LEE KYUNG TAE as Toul

YUN YONG SIK as Bichan

CHWANG KWANG as Interpreter

CHOI SOO MIN as Master Duta

SHIN YONG WOO as Master Leesagum / Shopkeeper

LIM CHAE HEON as Training Partner

LEE SO YOUNG as Master Moru / Another Jedi

“Journey to the Dark Head” by Studio Mir (English Dub Cast)

ASHLEY PARK as Ara / Young Ara

EUGENE LEE YANG as Toul

DANIEL DAE KIM as Bichan

ALBERT KONG as Interpreter / Jedi Master A

GREG CHUN as Shopkeeper / Master Leesagum / Training Partner / Padawan

JONELLA LANDRY as Master Duta

JUDY ALICE LEE as Master Moru / Another Jedi

“The Spy Dancer” by Studio La Cachette

The premier dancer at a famous, Imperial-frequented cabaret uses her unique skill-set to spy for the Rebellion, but the presence of a mysterious officer threatens to derail her mission.

CAMILLE COTTIN as Loi’e

LAMBERT WILSON as Jon

KAYCIE CHASE as Hétis

RUDI-JAMES JEPHCOTT as The Officer

BARBARA WEBER-SCAFF as Mee’ma & Additional Voices

BRUCE SHERFIELD as Additional Voices

TAYLOR GASMAN as Additional Voices

“The Bandits of Golak” by 88 Pictures

Fleeing from their village by train and pursued by ferocious Imperial forces, a boy and his force-sensitive younger sister seek refuge in a vibrant and dangerous dhaba.

SURAJ SHARMA as Charuk

SONAL KAUSHAL as Rani

NEERAJ KABI as Inquisitor

LILLETE DUBEY as Rugal

SAHIL VAID as Maghadi and Scavenger RICHARD JOEL as Scavenger SUMANTO RAY as Conductor, Jangori Leader and Dhoona

RAJEEV RAJ as Helper

AVIRAL KUMAR as Stormtrooper

ISH THAKKAR as Stormtrooper and Alien AADITYA SHARMA as Stormtrooper and Alien

SHIVANI DARBARI as Crowd

“The Pit” by D’Art Shtajio and Lucasfilm Ltd.

A fearless young prisoner, forced to dig for kyber by the Empire, plans a risky escape for he and his people.

DAVEED DIGGS as Crux

ANIKA NONI ROSE as Eureka / Mother

JORDYN CURET as Livy

CEDRIC YARBROUGH as Old Prisoner

STEVE BLUM as Commander

MATTHEW WOOD as Stormtroopers

“Aau’s Song” by Trigger Fish

An alien child who longs to sing is raised by her loving, but stern father to stay quiet because of the calamitous effect her voice has on the crystals in the nearby mines.

MPILO JANTJIE as Aau (dialogue)

DINEO DU TOIT as Aau (singing)

TUMISHO MASHA as Abat

CYNTHIA ERIVO as Kratu

FAITH BALOYI as Attu

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    AusStig, SWpants and MercenaryAce like this.
  13. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    ....Oh my force, this looks even better than I was hoping, and I was already pretty excited.

More specific thoughts:
    -Honestly I wasn't nearly as excited about the Aardman short as everyone else, but boy was I wrong, this looks interesting and fun.
    -Judging by the flight suits, the return of Wedge, and the mention of an academy, it seems like this is some new republic flight academy? Fun choice for a setting.
    -I also like how the protagonists are all aliens while the snobby antagonist is human
    -We had some not-Japan planets last time, so a not India planet makes sense this time. Pretty cool looking locales and locals.
    -The Inquisitor from this story is one of my favorite Inquistor designs. (and just in general I intrigued by seeing inquistors pop up in both visions volumes despite the complete creative freedom, they must have really struck a cord in the fandom)
    -On that note, hammer purge troopers! Again, we saw those hammers (though wielded by droids) last volume, which is especially interesting because you don't see them outside of the game otherwise. I am glad the global star wars fandom appreciates what cool weapons they are.
    -Journey to the Dark Head is one of the vaguer things, but is still looking pretty great to me. Going to be a visual treat if nothing else.
    -Same with the Spy Dancer.
    -The Pit and Into the Stars look like they are going to be pretty intense in a good way, can't wait to see them.
    -I was most excited about Screecher's Reach and while the others have risen in my interest dramatically, I am still blow away by how great this one is looking visually, and it sounds like it will be a spooky story, something which I know Cartoon Saloon can do very well.
    -Just because it isn't anime this time around doesn't mean we aren't getting katana sabers I see. With a yellow blade, I see F is a trendsetter - or I suppose this would probably come earlier in the timeline (er, if they were in a timeline together) F follow's Lola's example. Also, Wrecker named his doll after her, I have spoken.
    -Also, having this lightsaber be doublebladed with one blade red and the other yellow is a great effect. In general it is fun to see a doublebladed lightsaber with different blade colors in general, and given she is an ex-sith apprentice, makes some great symbolism about the influence of the dark side remaining in her while she tries to find a different life.
    -Is it just me, or we having a lot more ones easy to place in a timeline this time around? In particular a lot of this seem to be ot era directly dealing with the fallout of the Empire's actions, like Lop and Ocho last time. Not good or bad really, but interesting none the less.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Really good mix and variety of styles in there.

And... Aardman!

JediFett10 and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They said Wedge has more lines here than all his film appearances combined lol.

16. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    So, I just watched Visions season 2.
    My thoughts on it:
    OVERALL
    -I absolutely love the animation and culture on display, it really was a tapestry of emotion and themes.
    THE SITH
    -This was a bit of a trippy episode, but it was a calm kind of trippy which made it even more surreal for me. Took me a moment to get into it but once I was in, I was in.
    -I'm not the biggest fan of the concept of a grey Jedi/Sith but it's a fun non-canon story so that didn't bother me as much as it would have otherwise.
    -I really liked her droid. It had a cool design and was devastated when he (?) died. Glad that he got fixed in the end.
    -Stating the obvious here, but the art was very beautiful.
    SCREECHER'S REACH
    -I'm just going to come out and say this was my favorite episode. XD
    -The twist I really did not see coming. The ending could be seen as hopeful if we the audience didn't know what the Sith were all about. As it stands it's a very unsettling ending.
    -That ship at the end was crazy. Probably one of the craziest ship designs in Star Wars.
    -The animation on the "ghost" was amazing and actually quite terrifying.
    -Also, what kind of dystopian planet are they on that has that much child labor?
    IN THE STARS
    -I thought this was the India one but it's the Chile one, so the whole time I was waiting for that Inquisitor to show up, only to feel very silly when I realized my mistake. XD
    -It's an ok episode. Not bad by any means, and the animation is fantastic (like stop-motion, but it felt way to smooth to be that) but the story itself was a bit on the basic side. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. I'm just spoiled for good story-telling and was expecting more. Again, no fault of the story that I brought my own baggage with me.
    -It's astounding to me that the Imperials were about to just murder that kid. I know they are space Nazis but it's still such a horrific thing to do. And not a quick execution either, that's a terrifying fall off a cliffside.
    -I did like the younger sister though. She was fearless.
    -Also, apricate the use of a Sequel alien species for the main characters. That was a pleasant surprise.
    I AM YOUR MOTHER
    -Less goofy than I thought it would be (minus the mini-Death Star). This could, for the most part, fit in to the universe which is more than what I was expecting.
    -I'm pretty sure they mentioned that it was set in Hanna City, which if so this is the first time (to my knowledge) that we have Chandrila on screen. I find that interesting.
    -Again, love the use of Sequel aliens.
    -I thought the message was very wholesome and welcome.
    -Just a very fun story. And I am here for it.
    JOURNEY TO THE DARK HEAD
    -Again, not one of my favorites for the same reasons as In the Stars. Not bad, just I was expecting more.
    -The animation was top notch though, and I did really like the lightsaber fight.
    -Swokes Swokes FTW.
    THE SPY DANCER
    -Loved the twist, I didn't see that coming at all.
    -The whole set-up was very interesting. Felt very much like a part of history transcribed into Star Wars, which I love.
    -Normally I'm not a big fan of aliens that are basically humans but that was needed for the plot twist and also them all having heterochromia (and little horns, but the eyes especially) was interesting.
    -Again, younger sister trying to prove herself to her older sister. I find it funny that two of these had a similar dynamic with their main characters.
    THE BANDITS OF GOLAK
    -This is probably the one that is most ingrained with its culture. Everything about this screams India. Which is good, cause India is beautiful.
    -Diverse use of aliens, which by now should be clear is a thing I am into. XD
    -The Inquisitor was dope. Very threatening and I like how soft-spoken he was (for the most part).
    -I called the old women being force sensitive, but for some reason her being a Jedi surprised me.
    -Up there with Screecher's Reach as an art style that I want directly injected into my eyeballs.
    THE PIT
    -This might be the best made one, at least from a story--telling perspective.
    -This was apparently a Japan/US collab and I could tell.
    -It's a story of hope, really. Hope that you could climb out of this pit, hope that the city is near enough to get to, hope that the people of the city will give you the time of day and the hope that you can save your people. It's all very inspiring.
    -The time-skip sequence was wonderfully done; I don't know if I've seen that in Star Wars before, but I was enthralled.
    -What those troopers tried to do to those people (and what they did to the main guy) is pure evil and they are deserving of the worst.
    AAU'S SONG
    -The animation style was really intriguing. I don't know if I've seen that before.
    -I liked the design of the Jedi. She has a cool hat and I appreciate it.
    -One of the simpler stories, but unlike some of the others I didn't have any expectations going into it so I was able to appreciate it for what it was.
    -It might be the art style, but all the inhabitants of the planet (aliens and animals) were adorable. The planet itself was more majestic.

Heads up, BTW. The Pit has a mid-credits scene. Nothing too plot-important but it was a nice emotional note to end on.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Loved volume 2. My favorite last time was The Village Bride and this time it's the Bandits of Golak.

Here's a bit of a surprise EU connection from The Pit...

It's the Ralph McQuarrie Imperial Palace design! Though it's not the Imperial Palace here, just a city.

[​IMG]

AusStig, QuinlanSolo, Ghost and 5 others like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Visions Season 2

This set felt better, more consistent and varied in style. Where the first series was more anime, this one takes a more global approach, mixing up the styles far more.

The witch in the second ep was more than a little scary. Aardman's short was excellent, as was Lawson's voice cameo. The Bandits of Goluk is indeed a highlight, being an India-inspired take on SW.

AusStig, Ghost, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Wow, what a ride, loved every episode!

Visions S2 notes:

E1:

percieving the Force as Art
    white streak in hair… descendant of the Solo-Fel line or Isard or both? Gave me Ania Solo vibes paired with Mirax Terrik Look crossed with the Solo-Fel look.
    Ex-Sith Apprentice, finding balance between Light and Darkness with both part of the Force/painting!
    Force painters I can see like Force Builders as a subgroup of Forceusers, or rather Art class in Jedi temple to teach students this:
    Art as instinct, inspiration, letting go to just be and recieve

Starfighter design is epic, reminds me of a crossover of a Chiss-Clawcraft/Tie-Fighter with an X-Wing, with the new droid loading mechanism of the not always ball shaped droid looking like post-ST T-70 version, maybe a T-90 or later developed by the GA/Empire merger post Legacy triumvirate!? @Sinrebirth OneCanon may like this?

The final painting being darkness and light in balance with two moons over a planet. Tython style, but not Tython I guess. Which one? New?

Estimated timeline placement: could be around or merged with the half/half Jedi/Sith Council idea that falls apart into war 500ABY with a Solo and a Skywalker on opposing sides again. Maybe this is how it ends after the Sith almost won, and the Sith Apprentice (Solo-Fel) defeats the Master returning to the Light/Balance.

E2:

I love the simple style, great 2D intro and background art vs. More simple foreground characters. Where Episode 1 was all about color, this one excells at light and darkness effects nicely.
    And the main character Daal being a girl with red hair made me already think what redhead family to sort her into, hehe.
    Great exotic ship design!

Timelinesetting guess: could be anywhere but speeders looked ST-ish. Headcanon: During the NSW.

E3:

Beautiful tale, most emotional so far I think and also about art as all so far. Artstyle also nicely fit well.

E4:

already saw it on Celebration, rewatch potential for all details and background for sure.
    Wedge is epic!
    Great Mother/Daughter story.

E5:

Nice classic anime style
    Oooh a Kyber-Wand/pencil thingue drawing new Forceful glyphs.
    Non-Jedi Master looks Mortis Father-ish
    Recordkeepers sounds Whill‘ish...
    Celestials talking if informing the Jedi?
    One goes to inform the Jedi Council against their teachers will… calls it a Hidden Temple (Hello K‘krukh?)
    An Era with Sith on the rise and war already ongoing. Hmm.. which one?
    Nice parachute scene and great effects, also loved the statue concept and connection. Great Force Lore in this one.
    Ara‘s looks gave me Aphra vibes.

E6:

lol Fat Stormie
    yay Mini-riggs!!!
    the 3PO jewelry holder is nice
    interesting new Trooper landing craft as well as Rebel transport with Tie-Wings like a modjob.
    Liked the focus on dancers as artists, too, as well as using dance art to fight.

E7:

Space India is great for its lovely background details, aurebesh, etc.
    TCW style fit it well.
    A simpler story than the others but full of details and worldbuilding and loved the end with the secret Jedi enclave and how Indian culture was well used and shown in every aspect without overdoing anything or forcing anything on the plot.

E8:

Nice tale, loved the timelapse effects.

E9:

Nice style and nice story, also cool effects regarding the Kyber. Really love this one‘s simplety, detail and positive message.
    Timeline setting, in a time when Kyberworlds were still many, not like Jedha and Ilum rare. Thus any time pre-NSW, same for E8.

AusStig, Barriss_Coffee and SWpants like this.
  20. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    lets not make her a solo Skywalker I doubt thats the creator's intent with the sith short . I would rather place it anywhere in the timeline then legacy or beyond. I would in fact have it NSW or older in my opinion could even be in the rule of two line of sith

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Apparently season 3 of visions is already in the works

22. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Not that I disbelieve you, but what's your source?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jeff Snieder might be spelling his name wrong, but he has been reliable in the past.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We've known since Celebration Anaheim 2022 that there's more Visions in the works -- they mentioned at the time that, for instance, they had more anime plans but those would take more time.

Dream-Thinker and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Morgoth333

Morgoth333 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2023
    When it comes to timeline placement, Sith, Screecher's Reach, and Journey to the Dark Head could all easily take place in the Old Republic era, back during the time of the New Sith Wars when there were numerous Sith clashing against the Jedi.

After Lola kills her former Sith master, she says "more will come". This implies that there are other Sith besides just the two of them, and that they were part of a larger group. The girl in Screecher's Reach has a similar upbringing to Dessel (aka Darth Bane) who grew up on a mining planet where he had to do hard labor as a child, and saw joining the Sith as his only way to off the planet. Journey to the Dark Head definitely feels like something that could have taken place during the New Sith Wars. It was a conflict that had dragged on for 1000 years, which left everyone in the galaxy weary and just wanting it to be over, much like how the characters in the short were. The Sith with long black hair looked a lot like Lord Kaan. For a second I thought it was him. The whip-like weapon he used was also similar to the light-whip used by Giffany, a fellow member of the Brotherhood of Darkness, adding another connection between the two.

Bandits of Golak was certainly interesting. The art style and animation reminded me of the Clone Wars and I felt like I was watching an episode of it. Loved the Indian inspiration too. I'm reminded of Depa Bilaba and her people the Chalatans. They too, along with their culture, is based on India as well. I wonder if there could be a connection between the Chalactans and the people of Golak? Perhaps the two planets are close by, being neighbors, and people from the two migrate to each other.

Although most might overlook the final short Aau's Song, it possibly has a huge connection to an event related to the Hundred Year Darkness, the very event that led to the birth of the Sith.

It's the name of the planet it takes place on, Korba. That sounds pretty similar to Corbos. Corbos was the location of the final battle of the Hundred Year Darkness, where Ajunta Pall and the other Dark Jedi Exiles were defeated, before being banished from Republic space. Korba could be Corbos. We know in the Star Wars galaxy that names of planets can change over time, an example being Korriban to Moraband. The Hundred Year Darkness was an event that occurred 7000 years ago. In that time, the name of Corobs certainly could have changed, Korba being a corruption of the original name as languages changed and evolved over time.

Another potential connection to Corbos is the presence of mines. On Corbos, a colony of miners had been set up there, and on Korba the primary industry seems to be the mining of kyber crystals. For the crystals on Korba to have been corrupted like that on such a large scale, that had to have been a very deep and powerful taint. A location where the final stand of the individuals who were basically the origin of the Sith took place, some of the most powerful darksiders to have existed, it makes sense that such a taint like that would be left behind on the land.