main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Imperial Remnant short form for First/Final order remnant

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Legends had the imperials sticking around in one form or another for a literal century.

3. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Given how little we've seen of them in NuCanon, I'm fine with it

Especially with how good the Empire's been portrayed in Bad Batch and Mandalorian (good as in interestingly-written, rather than actually morally good, I mean)

4. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Looks so unbelievable good. Super excited that there’s a variety of styles each one looking super distinct.

Japanese dub trailer for this interested.

6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Oh I am so in on this. Absolutely love this trailer.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Epic. Trailer makes me speechless.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    The Chalk Jedi and Luna2112 like this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Have both versions of the trailer a watch — it definitely works better in the original Japanese with subtitles, in my opinion. I'll be giving it a watch that way.

This is the most jazzed I've been for a new Star Wars release in a long time.

The Chalk Jedi and Luna2112 like this.
  9. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020

Sarge likes this.
  10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Really great actors all around but... not really "voice actors." Big names with great screen presence but when it comes to animation I find that most of the time (though there are, of course, exceptions) dedicated "voice actors" tend to give better performances in this format. The big names here almost feel to me like a way for Disney/Lucasfilm to try to entice people that wouldn't normally be interested in anime to check this out.

I personally found the Japanese dialogue version of the trailer to be more effective, and that's definitely what I'm going to watch to start, but out of curiosity I'll probably check out the English dub eventually at some point.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    **** that all looks beautiful.

EDIT: James Hong! Always fun hearing him in animation. Wonder if this will be his third crime boss in a row in SW lol.

Bilbo Fett likes this.
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Man, what a hyper-specific confluence of things I really like. And all 9 episodes, three days before my birthday? I'm going to egotistically assume that Lucasfilm did this just for me. Thanks, guys!

Bor Mullet, Bilbo Fett and bstnsx704 like this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Voice actors for the Japanese version. Some familiar names in there. I can't wait for September 22.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-visions-trailer-and-cast
    The Duel: Masaki Terasoma (Ronin), Akeno Watanabe (Bandit Leader), Yūko Sanpei (Village Chief)

Tatooine Rhapsody: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Jay), Kōsuke Gotō (Geezer), Akio Kaneda (Boba Fett), Masayo Fujita (K-344), Anri Katsu (Lan)

The Twins: Junya Enoki (Karre), Ryoko Shiraishi (Am), TokuyoshiKawashima (B-20N)

The Village Bride: Asami Seto (F), Megumi Han (Haru), Yūma Uchida (Asu), Takaya Kamikawa (Vaan), Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (Izuma), Mariya Ise (Saku)

The Ninth Jedi: Chinatsu Akasaki (Kara), Tetsuo Kanao (Juro), Shin-ichiro Miki (Zhima), Hiromu Mineta (Ethan), Kazuya Nakai (Roden), Akio Ōtsuka, (Narrator), Daisuke Hirakawa (Hen Jin)

T0-B1: Masako Nozawa (T0-B1), Tsutomu Isobe (Mitaka)

The Elder: Takaya Hashi (Tajin), Kenichi Ogata (The Elder), Yuichi Nakamura (Dan)

Lop & Ochō: Seiran Kobayashi (Lop), Risa Shimizu (Ocho), Tadahisa Fujimura (Yasaburo), Taisuke Nakano (Imperial Officer)

Akakiri: Yū Miyazaki (Tsubaki), Lynn (Misa), Chō (Senshuu), Wataru Takagi (Kamahachi), Yukari Nozawa (Masago)

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It looks kinda like fan art. like taking random anime characters and giving them a lightsaber. its looks like anime mixed with Star Wars. i suspect this may appeal to the anime crowd more than a much wider crowd.

dinnertime, Sarge and DarthRamRod like this.
  15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    well yeah, that’s exactly what it is and exactly what it was always intended to be

16. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Wow the Mos Espa arena. Yes please.

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Some of it looks as though it's not too far removed from proper S.W. but most of it looks like as you described.

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think i thought it was gonna be abit more Star Wars but in Anime style. while it looks like oddly 50/50. like half of it really will require your appreciation and understanding of anime.

There was a shot abit later where i was like, well this doesn't even need to be Star Wars, this could be just some random anime.

This is not necessarily a negative. its just not what i was expecting personally.

19. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    This is magnificent! I am going to watch this in Japanese to get full experience!

I was already loving this, but when character say "May the Force Be With You" in Japanese at 1:16 I nearly fell from chair!

The Chalk Jedi and Bilbo Fett like this.
  20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Looks cool, really really weird, but cool.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Looking good. Excited for them all, of course, but particularly for The Twins and The Duel. Can't wait.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am unironically excited for the song one

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Really like the look of the one with the crazy old man sith in it.

Also the one with the duel on the ice looks great.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this looks really really fun.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest