main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Wedding Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jaina02, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Okay, who here would love to put Star Wars music into their wedding. I personally would love to walk down the aisle to "Princess Leia's Theme" and then walk back down the aisle to "The Throne Room." Anyone else that has done that or wants to use Star Wars music for their wedding?

2. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    I had the oportunity last year to help arrange the music for my brother's wedding - both he and his wife are Star Wars fans and so I included Han and Leia's theme for music preceeding the actual ceremony. Then when the Bride came in, it was a fanfare from Goldsmith's "First Knight." During the unity candle lighting we chose music from an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation (The Inner Light) and for the Bride and Groom's exit there was some classical fanfare (non film score).

I think we (my Brother and I) toyed around with using "Throne Room" but it seemed way to....fanboy-ish? Maybe "trite" is the word I'm looking for.

Who knows, maybe they hummed "Throne Room" while crossing the threshold.

-MJ

3. EwokSpy

EwokSpy Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    lol, Jaina you crack me up....but know that I think about it....Im not so sure that would be a bad idea.........hmm, wonderful things to contemplate.

Ewokspy

4. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I was best man at my friend's wedding 2 years ago. As we walked down the aisle to await his bride, we had "Funerl Pyre" music going. Both cuts from the SE Disc of ROTJ. Needless to say, that was the highlight of the day for both of us. On an alternate note, I'm not sure if there was any other significance to using the "Funeral Pyre" music ;).

As for that flute music from Inner Light, hell yeah. I want that at my wedding. It will help drown out my suffering.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    When I read this thread title I thought you were talking about the music for Anakin and Padme's wedding! [face_laugh]

Oh, and yes, I've heard of many couples getting married in SW costumes with The Throne Room playing.

6. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

LOL, Sithman, I thought the SAME THING!
    SHHHHHHHHHH (NO SPOILERS!)

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Spoilers? I'm just guessing/assuming, man. I have no clue if they actually have a wedding on-screen or not!

I'm spoiler-free, fear not. :)

8. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    My wife and I got married with more traditional music for the church, but our entrance to the reception was unreal. The wedding party entered to the main theme from Star wars, and Sally and I entered to sound of Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music.

A top time was had by all.

See the signature below to find out what we've been doing since then... :D

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_shocked]

***THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MARKED "ADULT ONLY" BY SITHMAN***

10. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Wow, didn't realize I was getting into such a personal topic! LOL, I agree Sithman, maybe we should put an NC-17 label on this thread!

11. JediStocky

Dec 26, 2001
    Sorry about that, that's just what's on my mind right now (not the process, but the end product, not far away now).

12. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    [face_laugh]

When some unrely lady convinces me to marry her, I'll probably want nothing but requiums played at my wedding! :p

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    When my girlfriend and I talk about stuff concerning weddings, typically after someone else's wedding, we came to an agreement. No Jedi robes, and I get to play "Throne Room" as we enter the reception hall. It's a nice piece of music to have given the amount of SW-related stuff my friends and I do. And it would just be fun to have a SW moment on such a special day.

Besides, it's probably the only choice I'll have on the matter after the girls get a hold on the planning. :)

14. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    A year and a half ago my girlfriend and I attended a wedding where the groom had "been allowed" to use "The Throne Room" as the wedding recessional. Now that we're engaged, she just assumed that it would also be used in our ceremony.

This is just a little weird though: A few days ago as we were beginning to look at cake-toppers (the bride/groom couples), I made a joke that we should decorate the cake with Leia/Han figures. She looked at me and asked if my sister had talked about this with me. A few weeks ago my fiance and sister came up with the idea and were going to surprise me. And if you're wondering, no my sister and I are not twins.

15. JediStocky

Dec 26, 2001
    G'Day all. Our first padawan has ARRIVED. 7 lbs 2 ounces of Jedi wisdom.

:)

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sweet! What'd ya name the little dude (or dudette)?

17. JediStocky

Dec 26, 2001
    Amber Brooke. She's so cute. She and her mother got out of hospital yesterday and are doing just fine. Her mother is of the opinion that Amber won't be going to see Ep II at the cinema. "We will see."

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Of the opinion."

[face_laugh]

Though, I dunno, would YOU want to risk having to leave the theater because of Amber crying? Me neither. :D

19. JediStocky

Dec 26, 2001
    Being a blood relative of mine, she will hear the midichlorians telling her to be silent in reverence. I don't think that will sway the wife though.

20. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    For a wedding, what other to use than "Throne Room/End Titles"?

My mom wants to use it for her silver anniversary/renewal of vows!

P.S. For cetain situations (probably not weddings) use "Victory Celebration/End Title" from RotJ@

21. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    The Imperial March or Duel of the Fates. That would be really interesting.

22. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I just went to a wedding yesterday, no SW music though.

23. RikDuel_of_the_fates

RikDuel_of_the_fates Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    First Knight, eh? Good choice...probably the best out of Goldsmith's that could fit into the whole wedding vibe.
    Lord forbid anyone try Ave Satani (his academy award nominated satanic chant from 1976's the Omen)
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.