main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm running errands tomorrow but will try to do Star Wars later that afternoon. I would like to see Dale dressed up but if I'm going to miss Who Wants to Be a Millionare and the interviews that's also half the fun. I'm so glad you guys opened my eyes to all I was missing. I found myself boring my friends with how much fun I had last weekend and what I did, etc. I guess the non-fan could care less about great costumes. Stormtroopers at the turnstiles (very funny). Well, everything. I hope everyone else gets a chance to do this too and becomes as hooked as I am. Well, see ya all around! MTFBWY!
    Melanie

ps Mike, do we need to get you a wheelchair with a pillow?

2. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Sharon,

Can you shoot me a link to your website? Thanks.

Dale

3. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Sure can! Which one?
    :)
    SWW #2 reports are up:
    http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/
    (I am a staff member @ GH)
    I am webmaster at TradeFed:
    http://www.tradefederation.net/

http://www.tradefederation.net/pages/features/weekends/

See you all this weekend! Thanks to all that participated in the SWW survey! Still need more feedback, if anyone is interested.

4. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Thanks. See you this weekend!

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey Dale there's a pic of you under the gallactic hunter site, SW weekends # 1 half way down the page it's titled: "sw-week04_43.jpg"
    Well, it's actually of Jake Lloyd but you're right behind him in your robes. BOY is your face red! Hot much? [face_laugh]
    Wonder if any of the rest of us made it in one of these pics or is it always of Dale? :)

Oh wait, is that you again? Under sw weekends #2 last 2 pics on page 2?
    How do you keep getting in these photos? Is it the costume? Is it that you're there every single day during these weekends? Such a mystery. hmmmm. must ponder this I will.

Melanie

6. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Now I am totally lost. The Dale I met on Sunday did not have a costume on. However, he said he was part of this group. Blonde hair, earrings? Same guy?

jedigirl99

7. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, that's Dale. I think he's just going in costume on Saturdays. :)

L8r

8. DLo

DLo Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2004
    According to the folks on TV weather, it's going to be a scorching 95 degrees this weekend! We're all going to be sweaty pigs waiting for Anthony Daniels!!!

AHHHH!!!!

I doubt Disney would do this, but I hope they move the autograph sessions indoors.

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    That was me on Sunday. I wear my costume on Saturdays, and thats when those pictures were taken. Ill be dressed up again this weekend as well. See you all there.

Dale

10. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Cambell Do you want my dad to get you in on this saturday? i need to know before i invite toomany people.

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Hi I am Melanie Campbell's personal assistant. Please hold while I consult his appointment book. I am sorry he can only attend on Friday and has made other arrangements. Saturday he is booked solid.
    He is such a busy man.

He does express his gratitude for the offer.

Since I will be resigning as his personal assistant I can express my personal opinion with out fear of retribution "the good news is you don't have to spend the day with him".

Sincerely,

Melanie

12. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    haha the funny part is that I wasnt sure if I should refer to you as his personal assitant..... and then you go and post that ..... now I wish I had posted "does cambell, or his personal assitant know if he will be attending"

haha

so who is going on saturday???

also, will anyone want to attend the 13th with me? I thought we could all get Amy to eat dinner with us. Does anyone know if she will be there sunday too?

13. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Damn Campbell you MUST be pussy whipped to let someone answer for you...;)

What's this Saturday? Oh yeah, not going...maybe one of the last weekends.

Star Wars Weekends, nobody goes there anymore. Is that George Lucas? Oh my god, Stefanie, I mean, Stef, what on earth would George Lucas be doing at Star Wars Weekends?

14. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi everyone! I will be there Friday with my family. Alex is having a b-day so we're taking him. I hope to see you all Friday!

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    darn it... having to work friday sucks

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Ia, many thanks for the offer to help a pauper collector. I'm sorry not to be able to hang out with you guys on Saturday (and that you can't make it Friday). Seriously, thanks. Have a great time.

Stefanie, don't let's start THAT up again. :D Are you going at all? I seem to recall you having a website devoted to SWW- has your interest evaporated?

17. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    well a was hoping to see some of you in he mgm last weekend, a has dreesup again like a jedi, well if you what to see me in action www.starwars.com have my picture in whats new, then look in disney star wars weekends in pictures am with boba fett a think am pic #11 to 19 i think.

18. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, I'm going. It's one of those things to which you HAVE to go if you're a Star Wars fan living ANYWHERE near Orlando. Yet the love I have for it now is not as strong. I remember previous years I would long for May to come. Now it's like, oh yay, Star Wars Weekends. Another weekend to pay $50 to see some washed up celebrity who doesn't even care that he's there and just needs to get by so he goes to Disney to sign autographs. What fun! (I think it was Billy Dee who finally killed it for me.)

As far as my site, I started it when I was young and naive. It's too much of a hassle and I actually had thoughts about closing it last year. This year I've not tended it, and well, it's gone after June.

19. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Hey, I think it was both Billy Dee *and* I who ruined it for you. At least give me some credit. ;)

Also, I actually find it sad that Stefanie's site is not as popular as it should be. Putting it in various search engines reveals very surprising results. If you simply type "Star Wars Weekends," you come up with:

Google - her site is #1
    Yahoo! - her site is #3
    AltaVista - her site is #7
    Lycos - her site is #3
    MSN - her site is #3

So, seeing that, it surprises me that it is not visited much more. Now, I'm sure she fully agrees that it is not the prettiest site out there. It's on Tripod and unless you have a popup blocker (Google Tool Bar being the best), you'll get at least two popups. The good thing about the site, though, is, unlike a vast majority of others, it is *strictly* about Star Wars Weekends, and it has any information that is needed.

Best site ever? No, of course not, but it is better, at least has more heart in it, than the other crappier sites, such as Galactic Hunter and some others.

So, goodbye to the site. I fear it was only avoided because it was not a .COM and was done by one person's love of Star Wars instead of some Super Duper Site Programmer with tons of time on his hands and tons of sponsers supporting the site.

Brandon

20. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I had a lot of fun today, even if I did get ejected from the trivia contest awfully early. Grrr.

Thanks to Susan for hooking me up with that Jedi Mickey group photo from last time. It's really cool. :)

Apologies to Campbell and Melanie for bailing on them right at the end of our day. I was sooooooooo tired that when I saw my car in the parking lot the urge to get to bed overwhelmed me. I crashed right when I got home and HARD. But I'm up now. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself at 1:43am, but oh well. :p

My only complaint about today (other than the lack of sleep) was the heat. Oy. It was Tatooine hot today!!! ;)

Well, 2 down, 1 to go. So far so fun! :D

L8r

P.S. I'll post pics later and Rock n' Rollercoater, well, RAWKED! :)

21. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    How are the "Trivia Trials" this year? Last year they seemed rather easy, but, in a twist of fate, I was knocked out on the third question. Stefanie, though, made it all the way to the stage, lasted awhile, and then, in another evil twist, wrote down *nothing* for the question, "What planet was the Rebel fleet massing around in Return of the Jedi?" I tried to use sign language and "mouth" it, but it did not work.

Any interesting prizes handed out this year for the winner? I intend to win it this time; to quote Luke himself, "I'm not afraid."

Brandon

22. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike, I followed suit. Went out to dinner after wistfully gawking at Dale's magnificent C-3PO 12-back. It belongs in a museum. But within 5 minutes of walking in the door I was passed out. So I've jost woken up at my normal bedtime: moments before sunrise.

The trivia trials are very good this year. The questions are pretty tough, but don't require arcane knowledge of an article about hitpoints from the now-defunct Gamer magazine. Dale and I got knocked out by the question, "What color markings designate a pilot battle droid?" I thought it was red, but that's security. Blue is the answer. I personally lucked out on the previous question, "How many blaster hits does the Falcon take on escaping Docking Bay 94?" Three.

The prizes are pretty good this year, though I can't recall any of the lower ones because the top one glazed over my eyes: The Code 3 DieCast MF. Nice. The winner, by a fortunate call by the judges was a lady from Oveido that I invited to check out these boards. If you're out there, Welcome and Congrats.

Another new friend was a fellow named Nick that I ran into a couple of times. He went to the first 2 Celebrations and will be heading up for the 3rd in a year's time. Hope to meet you again, pal.

Thanks to everyone. I expected Anthony Daniels to put on a good show and he certainly did not disappoint. He's a natural showman, and like last year, not only attended the Interview Show around 1, but also had a (mostly) one-man presentation at 4. If there was ever a reason to try to make all three days in a weekend, he'd be mine. Sadly, I'll not be returning till the 6th of June. Looking forward to reports from the lucky attendees till I do. -Campbell

23. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, I didn't realize that so many of you were heading out to SWW! I went the first weekend to march with the Rebel Legion and I'll be back next weekend doing it again, Saturday and Sunday as a Jedi, so make sure you watch the parade! We're scheduled to have about 90 501st and Rebel Legion members out marching.

24. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I will be there marching with the 501st as well.

Dale
    TB 2871

25. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    It was great yesterday at SWW. I agree about the heat-it was verrry hot. I am just really disappointed I didn't get Anthony Daniels autograph. That was really the only thing I wanted besides the pins. Oh well, I guess you can't get everything. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.