main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2013 -April 19-21st

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Time to start looking at airfares! Current best looks to be $220-240.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Thats not too bad. I bet you can get cheaper the closer you are to the date. ;)

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Maybe. It's always so variable. The only constant seems to be that you never get the airfare you wanted. Either you buy too early and the price goes down later, or you wait and the price goes up. When I lived out there, a good price was $180. That was going on 10 years ago now, though.

5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I find that the best airline prices are 45 days out. That's when they are trying to fill seats.

6. Nagayoshi

Nagayoshi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    So, I've never been to Starfest and it sounds exciting, but I don't really understand the web page. It has a number of guests, like Ben Browder and Christie Golden, and then under schedule, it has autograph sessions with people like David Prowse and Jonathan Frakes.

Why wouldn't those two be listed as guests? And the photo of Patrick Stewart is just throwing me off haha.

Anyway, sorry for typos (phone) and that I couldn't make the Jan meeting to meet everyone in person. Here's looking to February!

7. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sounds like they haven't updated all their website pages yet. Jonathan franks and David Prowse were last years guests. I think the guest page is updated but not the autograph page. Hope this helps ;)

8. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    They take forever to update thier web page, probably wont really be updated until mid to late March

9. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    It is so annoying

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Didn't we already have a Starfest page for this year? I could be getting confused with other boards (RL), but I don't think so. We will be talking a lot about Starfest so you can get info from here as it comes in.

I think I'm going to start a new thread for group costume info. There needs to be a lot of origination for that one.

QueenHighMistress and catz44 like this.
  11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
  12. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Group costume? Yeah, the webpage has stuff from last year. I don't even look at it until two weeks before. I think you can still sign up for their newsletter (or there used to be one). Definitely sign up for the forums on their website, although that's not active until March. You'll have to get your room reservations in soon if you want the atrium area as that sells out fast. (I usually bring my cot and crash wherever I can).

13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yes start a new thread! You have a great idea!!!

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Bump. Starfest is coming up next month! I think we now have something like 3 starts for a general SF thread, as it keeps getting buried and someone starts a new one. :p

This reminds me that I need to get airline tickets now...

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sadness. As always, prices get worse when you go to purchase tickets. I should have grabbed the $220-240 when they were there back in Jan. Now the southwest price is $270. :(Best on other airlines looks to be $302. Feh.

BTW, on the topic of scheduling - is there anything going on Thurs evening/Friday morning of Starfest weekend? Any fun activities or any projects that need a hand? I typically arrive Friday early afternoon and leave Sun night, but can adjust arrival earlier if there is a reason.

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Tickets purchased. I'll be coming in Thurs (late afternoon) and leaving Sun night. Can't wait to see you guys!! :D

Axys, nnaydolem, catz44 and 1 other person like this.
  17. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Woohoo

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't think the schedule is out yet, but I have confirmation from Susan that my panel is going to be Friday night at 9 or possibly 10. It looks like I'll be doing Backstroke of the West, as the Avengers subtitles didn't pan out.

I think it would be awesome if everyone was able to attend this year. Seriously, if you've never seen the whole thing, you're missing out! :D

catz44, PtrsonsZOO and FanForced like this.
  19. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    They dont post the schedule typically until like one week before. ;) We have a babysitter this year so I'm going to try to attend more things. :D

20. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    We're all set on reservations for flights and our room. See you all soon! :)

21. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Can we expect a starfest wedding ;p

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yay, it will be great to see you there. Glad you guys are coming!

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Starfest in 4 weeks! Is anyone panicking yet? It's just about that time.

24. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Panic? Almost.... But only for Kim's costume.

Smartphones are neato.

25. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    catz, we're not tying the knot until early in 2014. :)

catz44 likes this.