main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2013 -April 19-21st

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I'll take it. Just let me know what to do as far as the hotel goes to get it changed into my name.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    OK, looks like we are staying in the same hotel now :D Bravo is going to help set up as well.
    Q, I'm not even sure when jt replied to FF not wanting to paint it but I'm pretty sure I saw it on Monday because I sew all weekend and don't look at a computer much.
    There are other ways we can get a hold of each other and something as important as a game we've been planning for months and such.....

3. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    The room has been taken.

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Which is why I was texting. That was all Friday. But it doesn't matter now.

Smartphones are neato.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    If you want to ply me with booze Friday night I can do it at the hotel. Otherwise I guess I'm out.

Smartphones are neato.

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes isn't really an answer to a multiple choice question. Are we really going to have room for all that stuff, do we have the staff for all those items/games, etc. and if we don't use them who's hotel room do they getting stored in? 1,2,3 - NOT IT.

We don't have any flyers, all that stuff would have been in the 2 RMFF totes. I thought there was something on the web page but I don't see it to print any out so if you want hand outs someone needs to do them I would guess.

I don't feel it's fair that it left up to 1 or 2 people to take care of all this stuff. It's a lot of work to pack it, set it up, take it down, pack it away EVERY SINGLE time.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Ply YOU with booze, I think someone needs to do the same for dh and I as well [face_hypnotized]

8. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think since we have the wheel no jabba toss this year not sure if there would be room for it and the photo booth ;)

9. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

If you could bring the photo stand and banner stands, we will have room for those. Let's leave Jabba toss home this time.

We will have room for those items. I've asked Nerfherders if we can store stuff in his room and he said that it shouldn't be a problem, provided he gets an atrium room. Perhaps jedijaysin could be our backup since he will have an atrium room?

There are a bunch of RMFF 1/4 page flyers in the tote, which I will be bringing, along with the table runner, and other con stuff. I'll also bring the non-raffle prize bin which we can pull some stuff from for the prize wheel prizes.

It is indeed a lot of work to pack, set up, take down, etc. We appreciate Bravo, darth_hair, Grimby, you Kim and anybody else who would be able to help us out Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night. Thanks so much everybody for your hard work and dedication to making our Starfest table awesome year after year!

catz44 likes this.
  10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Just saying I need my medicine to function. Way do you want and I'll pick it up?

Smartphones are neato.

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    *What

DYAC....

Smartphones are neato.

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hi guys, Darth Hair suggested that I sign up here on theforce.net boards. I'm Liz in Denver, and I was recently accepted into the Rebel Legion. As I understand it, the RMFF and the RL are sharing a table. I volunteered to help out at the table and I see that you guys have posted a google doc to sign up for a time.

I thought that I would first post a note to say hi, and also ask if there is any particular time or task that I can help with. I am not available Sunday morning, but other than that, I probably can help out. I am not familiar with what is involved with manning the RL/RMFF table, but let me know if I can do anything.

13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome! We can always use help at the table ;). You won't be alone since we try to have a least 2 people there at a time. Usually the table is about attracting new members and letting people what we are all about . This year we are going to have a prize wheel :)

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
  15. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hi there,

I can do from 9:00 till 10:00 on Saturday-- help set up, or whatever. Does that sound all right? If so, do the doors open at nine or should I arrive a little earlier?

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Liz! I'm Jonathan and we appreciate you helping out the the RL/RMFF table. If you're there Saturday morning at 9, that would be awesome. Welcome to the group and hope you have a good time. Starfest is always a blast.

17. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Woohoo!!!!! One day!!!!!

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome, Liz! It will be great to see you there.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Speaking of important decisions... what type of drink should I pick up at the store to ply people with?

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Perrier? o_O

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Working tomorrow, so I'll be by sometime after dinner. See y'all then!

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks to Catz for painting the wheel, Sith Central had spray paint (not sure how good that would have looked).

Hello Liz, it's super easy to man the table we will have a lot of stuff for them to look at and most of the time nobody asks questions.

So glad we got a room in the same hotel. That will help the set up and stuff not take so long. Thanks to everyone that has stepped up to help out with that as well, sorry I got a little whinny but I think it was the pre-con freak out stage.

Can't wait!!!!

PtrsonsZOO and catz44 like this.
  23. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We will be there tomorrow after I get off work so around 7ish...

24. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Also got more prizes for the wheel, stickers, really cool tattoos, and Star Wars bracelets. :)

DieWompRatDie and SITH__CHICK like this.
  25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    S__C, just put me to work when I get there! :D