main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate SG-1

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh man...

OK tell you what JoC...you get Michael. I'll take Joe. More my type anyway. ;)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    :p Fine, whatever.

You know he has a degree in history too?

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    *GASP*

I did not know that! Now if he is a Sci Fi, Football & Music guy we are set!

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Joe, Joe, Joe!! [face_love] OMG, how cool would it be if he was at Starfest??? [face_praying][face_praying]

Oh, and how much fun would it be, too? The very thought brings back suck happen memories of going around with you guys to catch glimpses of Michael Shanks two years ago.

Is there anyone we can contact to put our vote in for Joe? Honestly, I wouldn't much care if the other two guys came. I want Joe!

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We should write him a letter. Invite him out on the town afterwards ;) Who knows, he may accept.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Perhaps we can go to the Starfest page and send then an email.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    TONITE is the 200th episode AND JACK IS BACK!

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I've seen some CRAZY pictures of tonights episode.... this is going to be an interesting episode...

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    jack and sam get married. wellll at least i saw a picture of a wedding. :eek:

10. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    This is supposed to be everything the fans have been asking for all along. and we get to meet the 4th race. Which I had forgot about. [face_blush]

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    4th race?

Humans
    Lizardmen
    Ori
    Nos
    Ancients
    Ascended
    Wraith
    Goa'uld

Are they using fuzzy math?

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Furlings.

13. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Hehe! Pun.

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Fun episode. I'm just now getting into SG-1, so I didn't get all of the in-jokes, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    furlings=ewoks on steroids, but they look just like i thought they would.

16. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 has been cancelled...
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

Who's at the helm of the Sci-Fi Channel? They need to be fired...

17. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I second that firing!

Friday nights just won't be the same.

18. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I don't know...I do like SG-1, but lately it hasn't caught my interest as much as Monk, Psych, and House, which are on at about the same time. Without Jack, it seems they are just trying too hard. I'm sure there will be a huge fan upswelling on the internet to keep it, but we'll see what happens.

[face_plain]

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    As lame as Atlantis is, the current SG-1 storyline with the Ori is beyond lame in every aspect of the L to the A to the M to the E.

Of all the different ways mankind can be exterminated that SG-1 has touched on...

Rise of the Machines. Great topic. Evil space worms infiltrating the human race. Lukewarm, but sometimes entertaining. Time travel? Overdone, but it's fun. Alien conspiracies. Sure, why not? Government funding shutting the program down. It happens.

Crazy space missionaries? Ummmm...no. Just...no. No. No. No.

NO.

If we could all forget the last season happened, wrap up the Ori storyline as a quick 15 minute afterthought in an episode, forget about them and move on, I think the ratings will come back. Maybe the big Ori space gate can cause a supernova and then a black hole, and the whole Ori race just goes poof.

I can be happy with that.

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I've been watching SG-1 more now that we have basic cable, and am enjoying it, but I'll agree with JD that the Ori storyline is pretty cheesy. Hopefully it'll get better (or they sack a writer and get fresh blood), and then they sack the guy who wanted to cancel the show.

And waiting until October until BSG comes out is WAY too long of a wait!!! And Midnight/2AM for the reruns sucks, too. [face_plain]

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    oh that just makes me really sad. :(

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I agree that the Ori storyline is a bit... out there. It had some potential, but it all just seemed too typical sci-fi plotwise to me.

I think what they had going with the NID was pretty interesting. You know, an internal war between different groups. Maybe some designs for a hyperdrive are stolen and suddenly the people of Cuba are space bound. The King Arthur stuff could still have been used, but it would have been much cooler, than instead of jumping all over the galaxy we got to see how our own history had been influenced by the Ancients and Goa'uld. It would have been neat to see the team do something of a world tour...

I dunno. At least Atlantis is still on. Granted it has it's super cheesy moments, but it seems to only be getting better :D

23. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I know that if they release Stargate Worlds next year, my record ten-year resistance of joining a genre of game (MMORPG) will come to an end. Even now it seems inevitable that I may yet join SWG, no matter how badly it sucks. Of course, I must plug House whenever it's mentioned. Season 2 is out on DVD today and Season 3 premieres in 2 weeks. ;)

I enjoy SG-1, and the Ori SL isn't so bad, but I wonder... how would you end SG-1 and still continue Atlantis? How could you possibly write a series closer for that scenario? They can't go away, neither can earth, the Ori have to stick around, even as a mentionable for Atlantis, and they can't just ride off into the sunset--you get burned. [/end bad pun]

24. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey all, check this out!
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

for the fans, it might be interesting and a weee bit hopeful.

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.