main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Starry Night Café - The Art Lounge III

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I see him with either Karyn Faro or Jaina Solo. I seem to have a knack for writing Imperial centric fanfiction (as @lilforceghost can attest) but for some reason I keep finding more Thrawn/Eli fanart. If you like that, it’s fine- but having read all the new novels, Eli and Thrawn are more like brothers than anything else.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  2. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    One is done, so that's a weight off my back. I normally don't mind them but unfortunately one of the clients didn't bother to communicate how soon they actually needed the huge 13+ character piece despite me asking and tried to get it much soon than it actually being done. So they will get it once it's done because you can't expect that in less than a month. :p So a tad stressed but it'll pass!

I'm thinking of dusting off my thread here and posting some art. It's been hard to do a lot this year cause of my chronic Lyme but I have a few new ones I can share. ^^

As far as role play goes, I actually run a AU Star Wars site based 15.5 years after order 66 [link is actually in my signature] and we will be expanding to a few other fandoms in the near future. [one coming very soon actually.] I tried writing on a few other sites but sadly they tended to fizzle and I find it easier/fun to write on my own. We are a small little community at this time but an active one.You all are welcome to join if that's your thing. :)

Yeah, low key here too. Going to visit my family starting tomorrow until Sunday and a friend is coming back with us to hang out for the week which will be nice as I just had to put my little dog down a few weeks ago so It's been a bit of a bummer this month. But whatever you do I hope it's fun and relaxing. <3

@Nehru_Amidala I always enjoy your fandom writings! <3 I loved doing art for you back in the [not that log ago] day!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I would love more fanart, but I have to watch my money right now, which is why I posted in the art request thread.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree with you about Eli Vanto. It started as a mentor/student and then friends and I suppose brothers at the most... but not really beyond that. Faro is a possibility... you’ve surprised me with Jaina Solo, given the circumstances... though I suppose given what she sees in Jag and his upbringing, there could be a possibility depending on which era of Thrawn.

I have yet to read the newest book though if I had to pick. I might lean towards Ar’alani. I think she is great character and I’m so glad that we are getting more of her in the books.

Ouch! That is a stressful situation that could have been alleviated on the front end. I’m just imagining the amount of R&D to set up the composition and block it in and the figures... You got the right attitude that once it’s done, it’s done. You can’t rush art. I hope that it progresses smoothly till the end.

That would be wonderful to see your thread update. I know I need to do the same with mine, I’ve a handful of pieces done... at this point in time though there’s always that desire to go back and ‘improve’ upon a piece with the skills developed since it was last worked on.

I had a brief look and the set up looks impressive. From memory, 15.5 years after Empire Day would bring that close to one of the early seasons of Rebels... That is a rich period to delve into. Thank you for the invitation :) I’ll see how things go though at the moment, I’m currently in several games in the RolePlayingForum of these boards. Some are Star Wars related and some are original and other fandoms. Sometimes it can be tricky balancing between writing and drawing as you are caught wanting to do both.

I have to take a look at your fiction, @Nehru_Amidala :)

I do have a question for you both, do you prefer working on original or canon characters?

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I like working with both, but it really depends on the story, and how what characters work best where.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I agree. I suppose also on how well one connects with a character too.

Canon has already set the ground work for their personality and history to leap from, while original is an blank canvas to paint on... though takes a few trial runs to explore their range and build it up.

Coming up with names for some are tricky.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That's true!

Did I kill the thread? :(

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, I found this gem on social media today:

[​IMG]

It's an alternate cover design for the Star Wars: Union comic (the marriage of Luke and Mara). I have to admit that the illustrator made some... interesting choices to say the least. Luke's likeness, in particular, leaves much to be desired—he almost looks alien. Although, Mara isn't much better. It's a very unique style, but I'm glad we got the cover that we did.

Here is the final cover for reference:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.