main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stars in the Darkness - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, I hope Obi-Wan gets his lady this time. It's sad to see him missing little Ben too.

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Poor Obi. He wants his son, and he didn't even see him for two years. He must be missing him so much. :_| :_| What's going to happen to him? When will ben meet Obi? Are the two going to be on speaking terms with each other? Is Ben going to be shocked, happy, or what, when he finally meets his father - is he even going to ever meet his father????

Aunecah

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Excellent Arwyn!

Great to see how well Ani and Obi work together.

"Yes, we," Obi-Wan said as he walked out of the main building

Stands up and cheers! :)

Can't wait to see how he reacts to seeing Orana again.

Sabe126

4. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Oh, excellent post Arwyn. Loved how Anakin noticed the pain in Obi-Wan as he held Joyna. Must be hard for him to be away from Ben.

Great job and looking forward to more of this. :)

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Monica Skywalker Yes, poor Obi. He does miss Ben. :( And, yes, Padme will have a large role in this fic. I've never written a fic with Padme in it, so I'm eager to see how I do with her character. I hope I do her justice. :D

Sara Kenobi Hi! I should have a new post up later this evening. We'll be returning to Onara and little Ben as Onara prepares to leave for Courscant.

Aunecah Skywalker Those are all great questions and, I promise, will be answered at some point in the fic. Stay tuned! :)

Sabe Yes, I'm thinking I'm going to be straying into AU territory with this fic. Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship, as a result of what happened in First Knight, is not like the relationship shown in AOTC. It's different and that difference will have a profound effect on how events unfold. So, I hope folks don't mind if I stray a little bit from canon. :)

Cicci Thanks Cicci! More to come tonight. Determined to keep up with my daily posts. :D

6. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    And I must say, I love your determination, and admire it. I have not got a clue to how you can be able to write so much, so well in so little time. It's amazing. But please keep it up. :)

7. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Great posts. Can't wait for more.

8. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I really enjoyed the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. They work well together, and even Anakin recognizes that it's been a good thing.

Arwyn_Whitesun, I hate to say it, but with Onara and Ben, you are already DEEPLY into the Alternate Universe. No chance of getting back now. :)

But that's all well and good. Sometimes, the AU is more fun than the cannon.

Just Jill

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Cicci Thanks! Sometimes it's a real struggle, I won't deny. But, until two years ago, I couldn't write a thing. I was totally blocked, so now that I am writing, I try to do it as much as I can. Afraid if I'll stop, I'll be blocked again. :)

Cristalvandepol Hi and thanks! :)

Just_Jill Thanks! Glad you liked the interaction between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Oh, I forgot. You're right. Onara and Ben are defintely non-canon. :D

10. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    ---------------

Onara smoothed back strands of hair that had escaped from her bun and were tickling the sides of her face. It was the evening of the day Ben had terrified her by levitating that huge box over his head. As she walked down the gleaming hallway of the manor towards his room, she found herself wondering what would have happened if his concentration had broken. She shuddered thinking of it. He had been doing a lot of reckless things of late with his Force abilities and, as Sinja-Bau had pointed it out, it was all in reaction to Onara's pending departure tomorrow for Coruscant.

She turned a corner and saw one of the servants closing the door to Ben's room. It was Keria, the young girl who had seen to Anakin's leg after his dramatic rescue of Ben from Onara's grandmother, the Lady Tsara. Two years had passed since that day, but Onara knew the young blonde girl still dreamed of the handsome, young Padawan. As Onara herself still dreamed of his equally handsome Master.

"Milady," Keria said, curtseying as Onara approached.

"Has he had his bath?" Onara asked smiling.

"Yes, milady. Though I think you will find it hard to get him to lie down and go to sleep. He's quite excited about your leaving tomorrow," Keira said, her dark brown eyes twinkling.

Onara sighed. "Yes, I know."

Keria moved closer, but stopped just short of taking Onara's arm. Although Onara would have welcomed reassurance from anyone at this moment, the servants had become even more deferential to her since she had been elected Senator of their homeworld.

"Do not worry, milady. He will be fine. We will all do our best to ensure he is never lonely."

Onara, who never treated her servants the way most of the major houses of the Ahjane did, reached over and took Keria by the shoulders.

"I know you will, Keria. Actually, I think out of everyone you are Ben's favorite."

Keria blushed prettily. "No, my milady. Everyone knows it is you and Mistress Sinja-Bau he loves the most."

Onara smiled. She released Keria's shoulder and was about to open the door to Ben's room, when she heard the young woman's voice. She turned and looked at her.

"Milady, do you think, perhaps, when you go to Coruscant, you will see Master Anakin?"

"I don't know, Keria." Onara smiled. "Do you have a message for him?"

Keria blushed again. "No, my milady. None at all. I just thought...if you were to see him..."

"I will tell him you send him your best wishes."

Keria, who had been staring at the floor, swinging the toe of her slipper back and forth under her long skirt, looked up at Onara and smiled widely.

"Oh, thank you, milady. Thank you!"

She curtsied, turned and almost skipped down the hall, her long blonde hair swinging across her shoulders. Onara watched her for a moment, shaking her head but smiling fondly. Keria was now the same age Onara had been when she first met Obi-Wan. At eighteen, she was only two years younger than Onara, but she felt years older than the young servant girl.

She turned back to the door to Ben's room. Opening it, she stepped inside. Ben's room used to be one of the larger guest rooms in the manor. His nursery, where the Jedi Healer Master Eo had been killed by members of the Red Tide as he had tried to protect Ben, had been closed off. Onara could not abide the idea of her Force-sensitive baby sleeping in a room where so much death had occurred, for Master Eo, before he had died, had killed a number of the Red Tide members. Since then, the room had become something of a shrine. In front of its door, fresh flowers were placed every day by the servants in remembrance of the gentle, but valiant Jedi Healer.

Now, even two years after his death, Onara's eyes still stung with tears when she remembered the Quarren Jedi. Humanoids dominated the planet of Ahjane and alien visitors rarely came, so when Obi-Wan brought Eo to Ahjane to see if he could cure her of her midi-chlorian poisoning, brought about by her pregnancy, many of her people had been taken aback at the Jedi Healer's strange appearance; the

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh, Arwyn. My life just wasn't complete waiting for this sequel! :)

Thank you for starting it!

12. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    That was such a cute post, Arwyn . Now, I have another question to add to my list: Is Ben going to be admitted to the Jedi Temple and become a Jedi or trained by the ex-Jedi and become a Dynast. I so badly want him to become a Jedi - but I don't suppose there is any hope for it; he is already two. :(

And the next post (or a few posts after that) better be when Ben is meeting Obi-Wan. [face_stern]

Aunecah

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    TheFallen Hi and welcome! :) And you're welcome. Yes, I finally started it. Now, just got to keep it going. :D

Aunecah Thanks Aunecah! Again, good questions. It remains to be seen what Ben's destiny will be. It might not be either of those. ;)

14. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Great post, Arwyn! I loved the scene between Onara and Ben it was so sweet, and so believable!

You know, Ben asks a good question...

Will Onara see Obi-Wan when she goes to Coruscant?

:)

Yep, that little Ben is a sharp one, all right! ;)

15. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    AHH Arwyn..

That was great. I thought it was a great post...was just a little sadden to learn that Ben knew nothing of who is real father was..

But I guess it is for the best that he knows nothing of it. Cause like you said..the child wouldn't understand..

Does Obi-Wan know though that Ben knows nothing of him other then that he is a Jedi knight?

Great post Arwyn and I can't wait to read more..

PT

16. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Lovely post, Arwyn! The tribute to Master Eo was a very nice touch and I enjoyed the warm and delightful interaction between mother and son.

It depressed and saddened me to realize that at two, Ben could only relate to Obi-Wan as a larger than life mythical hero rather than a father figure. That special honor goes to Dalan, who I know is a nice guy...but the idea of him getting to be called "Papa" by Obi's flesh and blood toddler makes me want to tear my hair out by the roots!

I've got ambivalent feelings towards Obi's first encounter with Onara on Coruscant. The Jedi master has kept his distance for two years and has probably buried his feelings for his family way down deep. Here's hoping that the new Senator from Ahjane can unearth some hidden passion from her true love.

17. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Ben is a little advanced for a 2 year old, seeing as he talks like a 4 or 5 year old, but of course, he is Obi-Wan's son. great post arwyn, it seems all is well...which isn't a good thing, it usely means something very bad is going to happen.

Yoda

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Astroanna Thanks Astroanna! Yes, Onara will see Obi-Wan at some point on Coruscant. As to what will happen when she does....ah, that will be revealed later. ;)

Padawan Travina Thanks. Nothing much happened in the post, in an exciting, cliff-hanger style, but I wanted to show how close Onara and Ben are. When danger looms on the horizon, as it will eventually for all concerned, such moments will be precious indeed.

Sugar Bear Thanks SB You are quite right to have ambivalent feelings regarding Onara and Obi-Wan's first meeting after two years. A lot has happened to both of them, both personally and in the wider scope of their lives. As for Ben not knowing that Obi-Wan is his real father, that will be another journey the characters will have to take.

19. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Yes, things appear calm for now, but it won't stay that way for long. Hehe! Yes, Ben is quite advanced for a toddler. He started talking at one, which totally threw Onara and Dalan for a loop. :D And, although toddlers are very adorable, since they don't talk as well as older children, it's hard, at least for me, to write dialogue for them. So, Ben is a bit of a super kid, just to make things easier for me, and making him four or five would have messed up my time line. ;)

20. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    As she walked over to Ben's bed, she held him tight, letting herself revel in the softness of his round cheek against her face, the warmth of his little body in her arms, the smell of the bath soap on his skin, and the heady realization that he was the embodiment of the single night of passion and love she had shared with Obi-Wan, and the flesh and blood essence of the deep love she still carried for him.

- That paragraph was so adorable! Actually the whole post was adorable. Little Ben is the cutest little guy. I love the way Onara calls him her little Jedi Knight. Sigh!!

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    All this time i was hoping and thought little ben knew who his father was, but he doesn't, will he ever know!!!??? :_|

22. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I want to be a Jedi like Obi-Wan and fight dark lords and save pretty princesses."

That sort of sums it all up! :)

Excellent post Arwyn. Lovely to see Ben and Orana together, if only Obi-Wan was there with them....sob! :(

More please! :)

Sabe126

23. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    ForceAchtungBaby Thanks FAB! As I said, I know it wasn't a terribly exciting post, but I wanted to establish the close relationship between Onara and Ben. She won't see him for a bit, and her closeness to Ben has some ramifications on her relationship with other people in her life.

Jenny Although Ben is a pretty smart kid, he just wasn't able to understand how Obi-Wan could be his Papa when Dalan has been the only father figure in his life. Onara did her best, but for Ben's sake she thought it best not to try and tell him Obi-Wan is his real father, at least not until he was a little older. Plus, I love angst and Ben not knowing Obi-Wan is his father makes for great angst. :)

Sabe I know. :( I actually had an image in my mind of Obi-Wan with Onara as they searched for the hide and seek playing Ben. But, if I did that right off the bat, what would we have to look forward to? :D Probably won't have a new post up until Saturday. Friday, I forsee, is going to be a bit crazy, as all my Fridays have proven to be of late. :)

24. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Awww That was such a lovely post. :)

"I know, I know. His name is Obi-Wan."

"Obi-Wan?"

Ben nodded happily, patting the voorpak on its tiny head.

"Like the Jedi Knight in your stories, Mama."
    Sweet and sad at the same time. :)

"Will I get to see Obi-Wan?" He asked, then glanced over at the voorpak. "Not him. The real Obi-Wan?" Oh, I hope so.

25. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    Im in love with little Ben. He's the cutest kid in the universe. It was so bittersweet with Onara telling him stories about Obi-Wan, and Ben seing him as his hero, not knowing it's his father.

You create so wonderful plots, Arwyn and the way you write them makes them fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.