main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stars in the Darkness - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Oh, now Obi-Wan is telling stories too. Cute. :)

Loved the post, Arwyn. Sorry for the short reply, I'm running a little late.

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    That was a cute post, Arwyn . Obi is so gregarious, especially when it comes to children. And I don't like that Senator Whoever whose daughter Obi and Anakin rescued. She's so cruel - not deserving to be a mother at all.

And you're just making me sadder and sadder with Obi's memories of Ben. You just have to have them meet sometime soon.

Aunecah

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    The Star Wars Fanfic Fans Against Mind-Numbing Jobs Activist Group

Announces in deep, solemn voice:

"Arwyn Whitesun, by the power vested in me by the Star Wars Activists Groups, I hereby dub thee Knight Arwyn, President of the SSFFAMJAG. You now have all the rights and responsibilities of leadership. We have faith that you will allow the Light of the Force guide your decisions. Good Luck and May the Force be with you."
    ~~~~~~~~

he he he - ok it's official now..... more mindnumbing responsibility.... more pointless decisions.... [face_blowing kiss to Arwyn] have fun [face_laugh]

I just couldn't resist - Welcome to the Activists Groups, President Arwyn. I just have one question--- do you by any chance have a long black robe tucked away in your closet? :p
    ~~~~~~
    Arwyn, I really liked this post. It shows the sweet, sensitive side of a powerful man. *melts into puddle of Obi-goo*
    There is absolutely nothing more adorable than Obi, a little girl and puppies.. :D

:D TW

4. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow! Awesome posts!

:_| How sad!! I hope Onara and Obi-Wan meet soon! :) It's sweet how they both tell stories about each other to the children. [face_love]
    ~*Monica*~

5. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    *shakes head sadly*

Disaster, Arwyn_Whitesun. Absolute disaster. It's coming like the light at the end of the tunnel - which is, of course, the fire of an oncoming dragon.

Just Jill

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Cicci Deep down inside, Obi-Wan misses Onara and Ben more than he will let on to anyone. He's been toeing the straight and narrow Jedi path since he returned from his retreat, but tempation is about to be thrown into his path again. :)

Aunecah Thanks! I wanted to show that Obi_Wan, if he had the chance, would be a wonderful father. And, as for Senator Rhygdon, she is a piece of work, isn't she? And, she'll be showing up in a later post. As for Obi and Ben, father and son will meet. :)

Flashbacca Very cool! :cool: I shall forthwith put that in my signature and announce it to the world. Perhaps, with luck, I shall be able to start a movement that will sweep the world, and all will rise up and announce, "No more with mindnumbing responsibilty or pointles decisions! From now on we shall only live and breathe Star Wars fanfic!" As for a long black robe, I used to have one actually. May even still have it packed away somewhere :D Glad you liked the post! :) I just couldn't resist the idea of Obi-Wan putting Joyna to bed, the way Onara had Ben. And I wanted to show the contrast between Senator Rhygdon with her child and Onara with Ben. (*A hint. Obi-Wan's observation of Senator Rhygdon with Joyna will become a bone of contention between him and Onara*)

Monica Skywalker Thanks! Onara and Obi-Wan will be meeting soon. Just a couple more posts to go. :)

Just Jill *sigh* Yes, you're right. It does come. And I like that descripton about the light at the end of the tunnel being a dragon. :)

I'll try to get a post up sometime today.

7. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That Senator Rhygdon is?is?yuck! That?s all I can say on this board. I would take the little girl back to the dissidents, they would probably care more about her.

How dare she needle Obi-Wan on that new senator. Good for him standing up for Onara. [face_love]

That was heartbreaking with him telling a little story to Joyna. It should have been Ben?we can always hope it will be. Soon?

8. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Red Rose Knight The Senator is something, isn't she? A very nasty piece of work. And she'll be showing up later in the fic to cause trouble for Onara and Obi-Wan. As for little Ben, he will be meeting Obi-Wan, his hero, and unknown father, down the line. Just have to throw a few problems in both his parent's paths. ;)

Next post will be up soon.

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    -----------

Taking a deep breath, Onara put her hand on the white crystal handle of the thick mahogany door to her and Dalan's bedroom. Ben had finally drifted off to sleep, but not until Onara had finished the story about Obi-Wan and the Dark Lord. It was late, although not so late that Dalan would be asleep. Like her, he kept long hours.

She opened the door and walked in. The bedroom she and her husband shared used to belong to her father. Although, over the years, it had been extensively redecorated, Onara had kept the large Tivinai Provincial bed with its thick, silver-filigreed, leaf-carved posts and arched blondwood canopy, for it had belonged to her parents. She had been very grateful when, after their marriage, Dalan had agreed to make her father's manor their new home, for she had not wanted to leave the place where, although there were painful memories, there were also happy ones. And, up in a far corner of the manor, was a small room that had been closed off for nearly three years and was rarely visited, except by Onara on days when Dalan was away from the manor. It was the nuptial chamber where she and Obi-Wan had participated in the blessing ceremony and conceived Ben.

As Onara walked across the thick fawn-colored carpet she saw Dalan was, as she suspected, still awake. He was wearing, however, a thick, garnet-colored brocaded dressing gown. He sat in a blue, high-backed, upholstered chair, flexsheets and data disks scattered about him on the floor. Last year he had begun to have trouble with his eyesight, but leery of having any kind of surgery done to his eyes, had taken to wearing spectacles which made him look like an attractive, if somewhat distracted, professor. He had them on as he read over a flexsheet in his hand.

"Did he finally go to sleep?" he asked as Onara walked over to him, not looking up from the sheet he was reading.

Onara stopped next to his chair. She stood, her hands clasped before her wide, green skirt.

"Yes. Although he tried his best to stay awake, he finally went to sleep. He'd had quite a day."

Dalan looked up from his flexsheet, his dark blue eyes peering at her through the clear frames of his spectacles. "I heard what happened with the packing box."

Onara nodded, her fingers tightening. "You must promise me, Dalan, that you will keep an eye on him while I'm gone."

Dalan looked at her for a moment. He put the flexhseet on the floor and stood. He was at least a foot taller than her. He put his hands on her shoulders and squeezed them gently.

"Of course I will watch over him, my love. You need not worry."

Onara bit her lips as she felt tears stinging her eyes. "I've never been apart from him. I don't know..." She stopped and shook her head.

Dalan drew her close to him and put his arms around him. She let herself rest against his broad chest.

"It will be hard, at first," he said gently. "But you and he will not be parted for long. Once you're all settled in, Sinja-Bau and I will bring him to you."

"But, I don't know if I should have you bring him to me."

Dalan drew back and looked down at her, puzzlement in his eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Will Coruscant be a good place for him? A planet that's an entire city? He's so used to being here, where there are trees and birds, green grass and fresh air."

"There are green places on Coruscant," Dalan replied as he stroked her hair. "And, don't forget, there's the Skydome Botanical Gardens, the Galactic Museum, and the Holographic Zoo. For a boy as curious and bright as Ben, Coruscant will be a dream come true."

Onara noted Dalan had not mentioned the Jedi Temple, a place Ben never tired of wanting to visit for that was where the hero of his stories lived. She pulled away from Dalan and walked over to her dressing area.

"I suppose you're right," she said as she took off her clothes and put on a white-gold robe.

Tying the robe around her slim waist she sat at her dressing table and undid her bun. Her dark hair tumbled down around her shoulders. She looked at herself in the mirror.

10. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Am trying to think of something intelligent to say about this but all I can manage right now is WOW!

it was Obi-Wan's arms Onara felt around her and his voice she heard and when Dalan kissed her, it was Obi-Wan's lips she kissed back.

Poor Onara, this does not bode well for her meeting with Obi-Wan. Will they be able to let each other go again?

And poor Dalan, he must be terrified of losing her.

Am going to stock up on tissues, I think I will need them :(

Sabe126

11. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    "And, as had happened every night of their marriage, when Dalan held her and whispered her name, it was Obi-Wan's arms Onara felt around her and his voice she heard and when Dalan kissed her, it was Obi-Wan's lips she kissed back."

Oooooooooooooooooooo, heavy, Arwyn!

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens when Obi-Wan and Onara meet up again...

More interestingly, what will happen when they're alone together for the first time?

;)

Great work, Arwyn! :)

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    -sigh- [face_love] Can we really blame the poor lady?

13. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I have nothing to say other than that was a well written post

i feel bad for her yes, but at this moment i am not saying anything.

Yoda

14. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    What a beautifully written post! [face_love]

Poor Onara! It would feel horrible to have a miscarriage! :(

Wonderful post, Arwyn! :D
    ~*Monica*~

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Sabe Thanks! Poor Onara, this does not bode well for her meeting with Obi-Wan. Will they be able to let each other go again? And poor Dalan, he must be terrified of losing her

That is true, it does not bode well. I've decided that with this fic I want to go a little darker in that I want these to be flesh and blood people (at least I hope they come across as flesh and blood characters) who are not perfect, are not always going to do or say the right thing, but are struggling to do so. That to me is what I look for in a good story, and I hope I can provide it here. :)

Astroanna Thanks! :) Oooooooooooooooooooo, heavy, Arwyn! Now I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens when Obi-Wan and Onara meet up again.

I will say that they won't be falling into each other's arms when they first meet. There are too many barriers in front of them, too many responsiblities that both now hold, but will the fire still be there? As Obi-Wan says in AOTC, "Possibly." :)

Obi Ew -sigh- Can we really blame the poor lady? I know I can't. :) But, the guilt Onara feels for feeling this way is a heavy burden on her.

Yoda i feel bad for her yes, but at this moment i am not saying anything. That's cool, Yoda.

16. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That is so sad. She had so worried about destroying everyone else?s live she left hers to suffer. I kind of feel sorry for Dalan who didn?t marry her solely for politics but because he thought so fondly of her.

17. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, wow! What a post Arwyn! Sniff.... Simply beautiful.

18. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :( Sad, sad post.

Poor Onara, poor Dalan, poor everyone!

I feel sorry for Dalan, knowing that your wife loves another man, and now loosing that child. It would have been nice to see Ben taking care of a little sister.

Beautiful post!

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm glad to see that Dalan is a good father to Ben and loves his family. In First Knight, I took him for a bonehead. 8-}
    I'm happy to see I was wrong! :)

20. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Arwyn - GOodness that is so good, as usual. I wish I had something more exiting to say, but that's all I can could come up with!

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Monica Thanks. Poor Onara! It would feel horrible to have a miscarriage! It was quite devestating for both Onara and Dalan. :(

Red Rose Knight I kind of feel sorry for Dalan who didn?t marry her solely for politics but because he thought so fondly of her. Yes, this is not going to be easy for any of the parties involved, I'm afraid. :(

Wild Huntress Thanks! I knew that writing about a woman who was married but in love with another man wasn't going to be easy and feared that Onara would come off badly, but I think that, even today, some people marry for reasons other than love. Onara married Dalan for the good of her people. The fact that she still loves Obi-Wan is, I hope, at least understandable. The fact that Dalan married her for the good of Ahjane and because he loved is part of the tragedy. :(

Psycho-Freak It would have been nice to see Ben taking care of a little sister. That's still a possiblity. ;)

Sara Kenobi I'm glad to see that Dalan is a good father to Ben and loves his family. In First Knight, I took him for a bonehead. Really, you did? [face_laugh] No, he's a decent enough fellow. When he's not drinking, that is. :(

ForceAchtungBaby Don't worry. I sometimes find myself at a loss for what to say when I read a fic too. Glad you read the post and let me know that you did. :)

22. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    WoW!!!!! Boy Arwyn you really turned up the angst in that one... Poor Onara, to be torn between duty and love. *shudders* I think I am very happy I am NOT a member of royalty! [face_plain]
    ~~~~~~~~~

[face_laugh] Saw your new sig. [face_laugh]
    Works for me!!! I'll be back in the mind-numbing pointless decision making worker pool soon enough. Then I can change affiliations :p

:D TW

23. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I will say this, minus the stuff he said about Obi-Wan and Orean(however its spelt) i would probuly be in a druken stuper when i found out my first child died before she could really live. Now, i would not say mean things, i would just be drunk...looks like lover boy needs to stay away from the Corrillian Ale.

Yoda

yes i said something, at the time i read the post, i really couldn't think of anything to say, and i know that post is going to come back and haunt our heros. and i am still waiting to see my favorite character, and how she plays in all this...i think you know who i am talking about Arwyn ;)

24. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    OK - here I am, running in, windblown :D and frazzled, but unable to resist taking the time to say a hearty well done, Arwyn. Once more, you prove that you have a lovely, deft touch in plumbing the depths of relationships - and nobody paints tragedy quite like you do - for THIS, make no mistake about it, despite all the cuteness and the cuddly warmth and the selfless acts of the protagonists, is a true tragedy.

All in all - exactly my cup of tea.

Once more, I'm jealous of the exquisitely fertile properties of your imagination.

Gotta run - still knee-deep in clean-up stuff, but taking a minute to read and review this made my day.

CYN

25. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    And the Disaster begins.

Well written, and excellently portrayed.

Just Jill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.