main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stars in the Darkness - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    I guess now that you're at an ending here, I should emerge from lurkdom and say that that just couldn't have been any better. Beautiful.

2. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **applaudes with astroanna**

:_| :( :_| NO , IT'S OVER! :( I don't want it to be over!

You said sequel, right?

**begins preparations to stalk Arwyn until 1st post of next part is up :p :D

This story just keeps getting more beautiful Arwyn I love how you go into such depth with your characters. It is truly amazing to watch how they have developed. I hope you never quit writing. It would indeed be a sad day.

:D Cheers,.......The Wookiee

3. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

An incredible denouement to the second chapter of your magnum opus, Arwyn. Like all your work, impeccably written with rich characterizations, vivid descriptions and amazing depth of emotion.

For me, the title "Stars in the Darkness" implied finding hope in the midst of despair. The thought which I believe was beautifully epitomized when Obi-Wan was able to look upon his future with the optimism of a new day, even after suffering so many soul devastating losses.

Truly magical storytelling, Arwyn Your rendering of the trials and tribulations of Obi-Wan has never failed to touch me through his romance, move me through his adversity and have me weep copious tears at his sorrow.

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Arwyn, I have never been so impatient to get to work! Bravo! Those last instalments had me in tears. The image of Obi-Wan building Ben's lightsaber and therefore keeping his promise was heartbreaking.

I can't believe that he has been expelled from the Jedi Order. I am sure that Qui-Gon would forgive him, it seems to be the sort of thing that he might have done.

The parting of Master and apprentice was very moving and the description of Anakin walking off into the darkness was very ominious.

He looked out the window at the night sky, and saw, glimmering in the dark heavens, the stars. Stars in the darkness. - That was simply beautiful.

I am so glad that there will be a sequel! I want to know what will happen to Obi-Wan and Onara, how Anakin will survive without him, how Dooku and Sidious will be keeping an eye on Obi-Wan and how he will return to the Jedi. Also how the vision of the other child, the girl will fit into their lives. Will be there for 'In Love and War.'

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Ah, now I remember something in a previous post about Obi-Wan building Ben a lightsaber.

Another fantastic story, Arwyn. I'll be watching for more. :)

6. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I have to tell you how very much I have enjoyed this story. Your characterizations were so very vivid and moving.

Thank you.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm delighted to know that this will be a trilogy. :)

This story was deeply full of emotion and flowed beautifully all together. I was happy that Obi-Wan went with Onara after being expelled from the Order, but I fear for Anakin being left on Coruscant alone. He'll be facing alot he might not be ready for. Especially a new Jedi Master that will demand he sticks to the rules.

In Love and War sounds exciting already. :D

This was again a beautiful story, Arwyn. A true delight and joy to read. :)

8. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Hi! First, before I go to your responses, again, thank you all for reading this fic. At first, when I got laid off from my job, I didn't think I would have the heart to finish it, but your kind words gave me the wherewithal to do so. And I'm glad I did. Yes, there will be a sequel, and I hope to start working on it as soon as I can. :)

FAB Thanks, FAB! I hope it's not too long a wait until I can start the sequel. I just need to take a break for a bit before I start writing again. I'm glad you enjoyed the fic and I hope you will enjoy the next one just as much.

Padawan Travina Thanks, PT! Well, I would like to finish this trilogy before I go back to the other fics, so I probably won't work on those until I'm done with the sequel to "Stars in the Darkness", but I do hope to return to both of the fics on hiatus at some point and finish them.

Obis-Grl Your quotes and lyrics have been a wonderful, and very much appreciated, addition to this fic, Maeve. This last one is so appropriate, it really brought tears to my eyes. I could just imagine Obi-Wan singing that to Onara as he waits for her to come back to him. Thanks, so much for being such a wonderful reader. :) Yes, Movie Junkies of the World Unite! I hope you will continue to follow this journey I seem compelled to take with Obi-Wan and Onara. Thanks again!

Jedi Master Kat Thanks, Kat! LOL on Dooku. I couldn't resist that. The man is an ex-Jedi but he's also old. :) I agree with you about Obi-Wan. He is the quintessential Jedi. And in his heart he will remain a Jedi. Since I will be dealing with the Clone Wars in "In Love and War" it will be intereting to see how long Obi-Wan can resist returning to help his fellow Jedi in their darkest hour.

Astroanna Thank you, AA! And thanks for the lovely roses. :) As for Yoda, he is weaving his plans within plans, so I'll just say that what he is planning will be unveiled in the sequel. He's just a mysterious little troll, always seeing beyond the big picture, but not quite able to control things as much as he might like to. ;)

ObiKajanee Thanks, ObiKajanee! Glad you came out of lurkdom. It's nice to meet you. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun writing it, and I must say, even though I need to take a break, I'm eager to start work on the sequel.

Flashbacca Thanks, Flashbacca! I'm quite flattered that you want to stalk me until I start work on the sequel. I've never been stalked before, especially by a Wookiee. ;) I'll do my best to start the sequel as soon as I can, so keep those brown-eyed Wookiee eyes on the lookout for it over in the "The Saga" section of the Forum.

Sugar Bear Thanks, Sugar Bear! Your lovely comments have always been much appreciated by me. Yes, Obi-Wan, despite everything, is, I think, a naturally optimistic soul. He has no idea what will happen now, but he's facing his future with some hope.

Sabe Thanks, Sabe! Yes, regarding Anakin I wanted to suggest a little forboding regarding what is going to happen to him now without Obi-Wan's guidance and support. I've already got the first scene for the sequel burning inside in my head, saying, write me, write me, but I do need to take a break before I start work on it. But, the way my mind is already chruning with ideas, it shouldn't be too long before I start the sequel.

Knight Ander Thanks, KA! I hope to have the sequel up soon.

PaddyJuan Thanks, PaddyJuan. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for reading it. :D

Sara Kenobi Thanks, Sara! Yes it will be hard for Anakin and his new Master. And with Palpy/Sidious just waiting to get his claws into Anakin and make him his new apprentice. :( There are some dark times ahead in the sequel with the start of the Clone Warks, but I hope to also bring some joy to these beleaguered characters. They have suffered quite a bit so far.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Woot! Bring on that Sequel! :D

10. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    [starts chant ala Queen] WE WANT, WE WANT, OUR SEQUEL!!! [/ends chant ala Queen]

Ok, so it doesn't fit the music but the points the same.

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Amazing, Arwyn, just amazing.

There's nothing I can say that can add to what's already been said. There's such depth to your writing, and you've left the story at such a climatic point. Stunning work. I'll look very forward to the third part of your magnificent series to see how everything plays out.

All the best,

Shaindl

12. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    *clap, clap, clap*

That was truly exquisite Arwyn!

The final scene with Obi-Wan and Anakin was beautiful. I can?t help but wonder how things will go with Anakin and his new master.

The part were Obi-Wan is building Ben?s lightsaber had me into tears.

I don't know how you do it but the story keeps getting better with each post and the end was no exeption.

This has been a wonderful story and I'm extremely happy to know that there will be a sequel. :) I will be right here with Flashbacca and my trusty bag of pop corn stalking you waiting for the next story. :p

13. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    All I can say is wow. Unfortunately my brain isn't working in a coherant enough order in order to give a full play by play review that I would like. But pretty much I cannot wait until you write that sequel...

good work :) i love this story. probably some of the best writing i've seen :D

14. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Sara I'll do my best to get it up as soon as I can. :)

Jedi Master Kat Thanks, Kat! :D

Shaindl Thanks, Shaindl! I'm hoping to get the sequel posted fairly soon. I just need to work out where I want to take the story, but I'm kind of eager to get started on it myself. :)

Psycho-Freak Thanks, PF! I will say that Anakin and his new master, as Dooku has predicted, are going to have a rather stormy relationship. And it will have major consequences for the story.

Tinuviel Thanks, Tinuviel! :) I'm glad you've enjoyed. I had a lot of fun writing it, that's for sure. :)

15. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Arwyn, that was just, beautiful. I have truly loved this story from beginning to end(even though I don't reply much). I can't wait to read the next one when you start on it. All I have to say is, take your time, make sure you really like what you have written.

Also, I'd just like to tell you that from reading this story and thinking about some of the things metioned in it, I think I have gotten an idea for a story. I won't tell you what inspired me or what it will be about though, then if it doesn't happen in the end, no one will know the difference.

I look forward to joining you on your next story as an addicted reader, leaving feedback as often as I can. If I ever get that story written, I'll tell you and maybe you can see what I got from you.

I think you're a really great writer Arwyn. Your stories make a person think and provide a fair amount of inspiration as far as story topics go. It has been an awesome story! :)

JB

16. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    :_| :_| I was in tears when Obi-Wan started making a little lightsaber for Ben! :_| That was so sweet of him to fufill his son's wish! :)

Wow, that was an absolutely amazing conclusion!! :D I cannot wait to read the next part! :D

17. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Jedi Bounty Thanks, Jedi Bounty! I've actually started the sequel and you can find it at the link below. I'm glad you enjoyed "Stars" and don't worry about not leaving replies. I know how busy life can get. Good luck with your idea. I'm curious to know what it is. :) But, share it when you're ready.

Monica Thanks, Monica! I've started the sequel and you can find it at In Love and War Thanks, again! :)

18. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I knew it, i knew it.

Well all i can say is...Watch out world, Anakin is going to be bad.

Great story, great great great. You are wonderful and a great writer i enjoyed reading this fic very much.

19. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks, Yoda! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've started the sequel and it's over in "The Saga" section. It's titled "In Love and War". Hope to see you over there, but if not, thanks for being such a great reader. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.