main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stars in the Darkness - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Terrific drunken rant by Dalan, who spewed his honest and bitter frustrations over his unrequited love. The Dynast is far from clueless and he knows for a fact Onara still loves and desires Obi-Wan, yet he lives with the hope that he can still someday win his wife's heart and affections.

Onara's guilt is understandable. Lying with her husband, night after night, wishing and imagining he were her Jedi knight in shining armor isn't appropriate behavior, nor is it fair to Dalan.

Her miscarriage was very unfortunate, but I wonder, had her daughter survived, would Onara's passion for Obi have waned at all?

Stunning post, Arwyn! Marvelous characterizations of two caring and good people suffering from the miseries of a passionless marriage.
    This is turning into a great angst-fest!

2. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Flashbacca Boy Arwyn you really turned up the angst in that one... Poor Onara, to be torn between duty and love And I'm not done yet. I still have to pay another visit to a certain Jedi Knight who, having heard the news about Onara, is trying to deal with it in typical Kenobian fashon. :)

I'll be back in the mind-numbing pointless decision making worker pool soon enough. Then I can change affiliations And here I was longing to be back in school after having been out for so many years, but I remember how much time I had to spend reading books I didn't particulary want to read and writing papers I didn't particulary want to write. :)

Yoda i am still waiting to see my favorite character, and how she plays in all this...i think you know who i am talking about Arwyn I know exactly who you're talking about. She'll be showing up in the post after the next one. :D

Cyn Glad to see you're okay, Cyn. Was thinking about you everytime there was a news report about Lili. Once more, I'm jealous of the exquisitely fertile properties of your imagination. As I am of yours. :) Yes, it's time to twist the screws on these characters and see if they are truly worthy of a happy ever after ending.

Just Jill And the Disaster begins. Yes, it does. :D Thanks for your lovely comment, too.

Sugar Bear Thanks! Onara's guilt is understandable. Lying with her husband, night after night, wishing and imagining he were her Jedi knight in shining armor isn't appropriate behavior, nor is it fair to Dalan. You are absolutely right. It is not appropriate behavior and Onara will suffer for it, rest assured.

Her miscarriage was very unfortunate, but I wonder, had her daughter survived, would Onara's passion for Obi have waned at all? That is a very good question and, interestingly enough, one I can't seem to answer. It's quite possible that by having a child with Dalan, Onara's love for Obi-Wan would have lessened, but I'm truly not sure one way or the other. Alas, we shall never know. :(

Next post will probably be tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply to the sequel. I truly do appreciate your comments. They inspire me to sit down and write, even when there are times DRL is bearing heavy on my shoulders. :)

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    SB & Arwyn - Her miscarriage was very unfortunate, but I wonder, had her daughter survived, would Onara's passion for Obi have waned at all?

In a word - no. And if you think I'm going to explain how I know that, [face_mischief] think again.

Later.

CYN

4. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Cyn In a word - no. And if you think I'm going to explain how I know that, [mischief.gif] think again.

Touche, mon ami! :) As for Onara's passion for Obi-Wan, I will say she's going to fight like the dickens to resist it however, wanting, of course, to do the right thing by her husband but, it is Obi-Wan she's trying to resist, after all. [face_love] How long will she be able to not give in to her desire for him? Only my Muse knows. ;)

5. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002

how much time I had to spend reading books I didn't particulary want to read and writing papers I didn't particulary want to write.

Amen :p

6. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Here Here...now i go back to writing those papers i hate and reading mind numbing books about long dead historic figures and how they were so great for history...so ok, so not.

Yoda

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    yoda4982 : But I like history! I like writing papers ::coughcoughEnglishcough:: even more. ;) For, after all, essays are just another version of story-telling. 8-}

I probably would rather write stories if I had a choice, of course.

Aunecah

8. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    I love writing don't get me wrong, i hate being Forced to write. Not me. I have to let it come. I am not a big person on the explain this in four pages with detailed expamles expalinging why, type of writer, but for those of you who are, more power to ya, and i love history, i just hate the books, they make it so boring.

Yoda

9. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    hear, hear Yoda. It's my curse that I can usually knock out a paper really quickly, but I DON'T GET MATH! and I still hate having to write on command. Makes me feel like a lap-wookiee. (cute, fuzzy, sits on your lap at command - much like my dog)

:D TW

10. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Ah, school.

Starts again in two weeks.

I'll either hate it, as usual, and quit the Master's program, or I'll love it, also as usual.

Those really are the only two options.

Just Jill

11. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Arwyn! I haven't finished First Knight yet (kicks pesky Darth RL!) but I'm going to try to this week, and then dive into this sequel, which I am *not* even peeking at... oops... I peeked!

Looking forward to it greatly!

Domina

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Hi everyone! I'm due to have a post up today and I have started on it. I'll see if I can get some of it up today. Been kinda weird yesterday and today. *sigh* Thanks Domina! I hope you enjoy it. :) And thanks Jenny for the big smile. Here's one for you. :D

14. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *Wookiee dancing thru---and pulls it UP*

:D

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks for the up, Flashbacca! Next post coming shortly. :)

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    -----------

Anakin hunched down, his eyes peering through the thick, dark green foliage to the thicket ahead. On both sides of him he knew the members of the Gowri hunting band were also well hidden behind the trees. For the past two days he, Obi-Wan and the Gowri had been hunting a pack of manasa, the fierce, deadly predators of Raggan. The pack had attacked some Gowri females who had been gathering herbs near the village. One of the females had been killed, three others wounded.

The wind, which was thick with the piney scent of the trees was, fortunately, blowing towards Anakin and the hunting band, so the manasa could not smell them. Nigal, chief of the Green River tribe, had warned Obi-Wan and Anakin that the pack that attacked the Gowri women was led by a female they called the Old One. She was aged, but she was also cunning and vicious. The hunting party had finally tracked the Old One and her pack's spoor to Red Top Mountain. Obi-Wan and Nigal had scouted around and discovered a cave hidden behind the copse of trees ahead.

Anakin glanced over at Meeko. Like all Gowri males, he had leathery brown skin and a wide, powerful chest. His flat-featured face was covered with short, dark hair and his long pointed ears twitched eagerly. Over the two weeks Anakin and Obi-Wan had been on Raggan, the young Jedi had become especially close to Meeko. Maybe because, in Gowri age, Meeko was the closest to Anakin's and, like him, was considered something of a novice, an apprentice so to speak, to the older, more experienced hunters.

Meeko grinned at Anakin, his round tawny eyes glittering in the darkness of the tress. His long, gray stone blowpipe was in his hand, ready to be used at a moment's notice. Anakin also carried a blowpipe and, like Meeko, was dressed only in a dark green loincloth. His body had been painted by the Gowri females to help him blend in with the trees. Anakin grinned back at Meeko, then shifted his gaze over to where he could just make out Obi-Wan as he and Nigal moved silently through the trees. Like Anakin, Obi-Wan wore only a loincloth, his body painted in swirling colors of green, black and deep brown. He also carried a stone blowpipe.

When Obi-Wan, once they had departed from Nida on a transport, told Anakin they were going to make a stop at Raggan, Anakin had been surprised. The planet was a remote world located just on the edge of Hutt Space. It had no industry nor large cities. It was a protected world, one of the few the Republic had set aside as forbidden for any kind of industrialization or exploitation, therefore it was lush, wild and dangerous. The Jedi were allowed to visit it and use it for survival training. Obi-Wan had brought Anakin to Raggan when he was ten. The two had spent three weeks here, with Obi-Wan often leaving Anakin alone for days on end so that he could learn to survive on his own. It had been a frightening and exhilarating experience.

Therefore, Anakin had looked forward to returning to Raggan and its inhabitants, the Gowri. Living totally without technology of any kind, the Gowri had fascinated Anakin. Although they had kept pretty much to themselves when Obi-Wan and Anakin were here for his survival training, Anakin knew Obi-Wan had a close relationship with Nigal, leader of the Green River Tribe. Though how or when that relationship had developed, Anakin had no clue. But, he thought, as the wind picked up a bit and dried the sweat on his face, his master knew lots of different kinds of people. Take that so-called chef back on Coruscant, the Besalik Dexter Jettster. Who would have thought someone like Obi-Wan would not only know, but be close friends with such a person. But he was.

As for why Obi-Wan had decided to delay his and Anakin's return to Coruscant by stopping off on Raggan, Anakin had noted that since hearing the news Onara was a Senator, Obi-Wan had become quieter and more withdrawn. Not in a negative way, but in a way that signaled he wanted to be alone with his thoughts. Two years ago, Anakin would have been hurt by his maste

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    GAH!

What a nasty cliffie - really, really not nice to leave us there!

Beautiful work as always - I especially liked the description of Anakin falling into the Living Force - I don't know if I've ever thought of the mind having a corporeal feel like that. Very intriguing.

And Obi-Wan in a loincloth? Be still my heart...Thank you, thank you, thank you dear Arwyn for that image! :D

Shaindl

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Loin cloth!? Sorry but I just couldn't get past that sentence! I'll have to come back and re-read this later.After I cool off! :p

19. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    The loincloths make up for the cliffhanger - but if you leave it there for too long, I'm going to be not nice the next time. ;) :p

Excellent as always, Arwyn! You really know how to make me fall off the seat. :p

20. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :eek: *gasp* Ahhhh Evil cliffie!

His master's beard was speckled with tiny bits of the golden leaves from the anica tress. The Gowri had approved of Obi-Wan's beard, but had made fun of Anakin for not having one. Obi-Wan later told him they didn't consider Anakin civilized since he was beardless. [face_laugh]

It's good to see that Obi-Wan and Anakin have a very good relationship here.

Obi-Wan in loincloth! My, my [face_love]

21. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Arwyn, arwyn, arwyn... first you couldn't resist putting Obi-Wan in leather and chain-mail, now a loin cloth. You never surprise me. Of course this is your story and you can dress Obi-Wan in plastic-wrap if you wanted.

Now that cliffi, very well delivered, for i expeted to see what happens next, but now i must wait

great description, something you do quite well

Yoda

Do i need to get the hose ready to hose you girls down, because i am ready.

22. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Beautifully atmospheric post taking place within a lush forest setting, Arwyn!

I like how Obi is trying to work off his nervous tension about the possibility of running into Onara on Coruscant by communing with nature as well as helping the planet's inhabitants rid themselves of dangerous predators.

Intense hunt scene and exciting free-for-all. Desperately hoping that the Force will warn Obi of his oncoming danger or Anakin will be able to prevent the threat to his master.

The images of Obi and Anakin scantily clad in loincloths, their bodies richly painted up and carrying deadly blowpipes are unforgettable. It appears that everyone's fascinated with the Jungle boy Jedis!

23. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Oh no... too big a cliffie... I think i'm gonna

f

a

l

l

;) Great post.

24. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Memo

TO: ALL READERS AND ARWYN

SUBJECT: EVIL CLIFFHANGERS

This memo is to inform you that Yes your comptuers are working fine. b]Arwyn[/b] is just in her evil mode and wanted to leave us hanging like that..

But what Arwyn doesn't understand it that she had some pyro's on her hands..NAMELY ME!!

And that this can be very bad for a thread..

So if Arwyn wants a post to come to later..I suggest Arwyn's posts soon..

Thank you..that is all

PT

25. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    What an evil cliffe! :p

I hope Obi-Wan's ok! Anakin, help him!!

Fabulous post! :D

Need more soon! :D
    ~*Monica*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.