main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Starships/Vehicles/Tech of the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    Lots of great ship info! There's a superlaser siege cannon at the battle of Crait being tugged by the AT-HH, which looks like what the heavy scout walker ended up being (the strandbeest looking lego set)

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek and Snafu55 like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no that's different. in the small text box it says they also have at-ma, at-pd and at-hs combat walkers not pictured.

Xael likes this.
  3. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    You're completly right! Who would've thought reading the whole thing was a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Satipo and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm really hoping one of the "All Terrain" vehicles lives up to that description, and is able to climb and crawl over the crystalline surface of the mines, like a crab or spider.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They just couldn't help themselves, could they? They just had to include a fourth Death Star! :p

6. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015

As much of a tradition as SW on Christmas [face_laugh]

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Note: I've noticed a lot of users hiding the recent leaks behind spoiler tags and I just wanted to let everyone know that this is unnecessary. This is the spoilers allowed forum so anyone who decides to read any of the threads here must do so at their own risk. The only time spoiler tags are regularly required is when you're posting non-movie related spoilers (books, comics, tv shows, etc.) outside of the New Canon threads. The policy about spoilers we posted recently refers only to people who have seen the film early before the international release date on the 15th. So besides those two instances no spoiler tags are required in this forum. Spoil away!

8. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Not to cement my reputation on this forum as a whiner or anything but after reading the leaks, I'm annoyed to see that I was right in that the 'new' Resistance ships are just the Resistance utilizing NR hand-me-downs and Rebel/Pre-Rebel era stuff. And I was also right about a paltry 4-ship fleet which apparently the Resistance has to abandon due to fuel issues...

And I'm further annoyed that there's no New Republic ship/vehicle page, I'm hoping they don't pull some Deus Ex Machina BS to win the Battle of Crait, if the good guys win at all...I'm glad for all the FO innovations, but further pissed at Mothma for screwing the good guys real good with her starry-eyed idealism.

I'm just hoping reinforcements arrive to save the day and they just didn't include them in the book to prevent spoilers. I remind myself Finn is wearing one of those bomber jumpsuits with a haircut not seen at Crait or on the Supremacy, which hopefully means the good guys regain their bearings and try to reorganize during the final act.

Senator Wan and 11-4D like this.
  9. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Visual dictionaries rarely, if ever, have major spoilers, and invariably have a huge amount of content that is little more than blink and you miss it background fluff, while having very large portions missing. Except for TFA, but that's because that movie had hardly any content whatsoever. Rogue One was probably the most significantly padded out reference book, but even then it was missing quite a few relevant items and only had the loosest insinuation towards key plot events. To this day, the Visual Dictionary for the OT is woefully incomplete, and has content from three movies spread out into a single thin book.

I'd say keep your hopes up for the movie itself.

Senator Wan likes this.
  10. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    I am doing just that, I assure you. I intended to go dark after browsing the board one last time, imagine my surprise to find a dictionary leak.

All the same, this should sate my appetite for new content till next Friday. If only barely.

11. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    Got it! In my case I use spoiler tags if the pics are too big, so that people's viewing experience is not ruined :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That's cool and very much appreciated!

13. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    So basically the leaked visual dictionary confirms that there will be no New Republic remnants....no New Republic for that matter at all. Honestly am very disappointed as I feel a lot of the fans would have liked to see that.

whostheBossk and 11-4D like this.
  14. KyloRen1981

KyloRen1981 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2017
    Hi all.

I have been wondering about TIE/sf pilots lately and the following questions popped up in my mind...

1. I know the TIE/sf is capable of housing two pilots, but does it require two pilots?
    2. When using two pilots, what is the division of responsibilities? Based on what we see from Finn and Poe in TFA, is it a strict pilot x gunner division?
    3. If the ship can be operated with only one pilot, does that lone pilot still have access to all the ship's capabilities? In other words, would one pilot running the ship find certain functions impossible or simply more difficult to achieve?
    4. Do we know if TIE/sf pilots are co-pilots for life? Like, in Top Gun, Maverick was always with Goose and Iceman was always with ... Slider was it? So, like, do you think TIE/sf pilots are joined at the hip in the same way? Or do you think they just get in whatever ship they are assigned to that day, with whatever other pilot gets in that ship, and they both do their job like the unfeeling robots the Resistance views them as? ;-)
    Thanks in advance!

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    FYI you can name the tag if it isn't actually a spoiler. Just put {spoiler=A big picture}.
    Picture

Xael likes this.
  17. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I haven't seen the movie yet, so no detailed spoilers please... But we have been so excited about these vehicles.... the new walkers, the bombers, supremacy, dreadnaught, silencer, etc...
    Yet, i haven't heard a peep about any of them in the reviews or impressions of the film.

Again, I don't want outright spoilers, but if like to curtail my expectations if necessary. Do these ships/vehicles and the battles and scenes make an impact? Are they awesome? Foegetfull? Underused?

Thanks...

18. starwarsfan54

starwarsfan54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 29, 2017
    The ships/vehicles themselves are forgettable.

19. cronus33

Apr 17, 2005

The designs, their usage, both? There was a lot of hype about all of these new pieces of hardware and how they will be used, their screen time, etc. Rian even made a reference to making the movie in a way that people will want to run home and play with their Star Wars toys.

I suppose I should lower my expectations?

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I remember the AT-M6 was designed to be almost an artillery piece, but you don't see it used. I really enjoyed seeing the TIE Silencer but they didn't make a big deal of it.

There's a great little sequence involving a next-gen AT-ST that I really don't want to spoil as I found it truly delightful.

Did anyone else thing Luke's X-Wing was going to be some sort of Chekhov's Gun? When I saw it I expected him to use it later on, but (an idea I like) they just showed it and left it where it was.

whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  21. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    There looked like two actual AT-ATs in the Crait attack.

22. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    There looked like two actual AT-ATs in the Crait attack.

23. cronus33

Apr 17, 2005
    The new walkers that were talked about and marketed so much did nothing. They were literally set pieces that did nothing. Nobody engaged them directly, there were no real detailed shots, and they didn't do anything but shoot. A few cool visual moments, but that is it.

No spider walkers? What happened to those?

No TIE Bombers.

TIE Silencer had one scene and we've already seen it in trailers.

/grumpy

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    TLJ ICS acquired, pictures forthcoming, this will be cross-posted on several other pertinent threads.

For now, take the following spoiler-free tidbits of interest.

Vehicles with cross-sectional diagrams:
    1. The Raddus
    2. The Ninka
    3. The Anodyine
    4. Resistance Bomber
    5. Resistance A-wing
    6. The Supremacy
    7. TIE Silencer
    8. Canto Bight Police Speeder
    9. Libertine
    10. AT-HH
    11. AT-M6
    12. Resistance Shuttle
    13. Ski-speeder
    • The Raddus is an MC85 Star Cruiser, built cooperatively by Corellia and Mon Calamari, and is 3440 meters. It was originally named Dawn of Tranquility, and it confirms that Raddus did die at Scarif.
    • The Ninka is a Free Virgilia-class Bunkerbuster, and is 316 meters long.
    • The Nebulon-C Anodyne is 550 meters long and confirms the Imperial KDY provenance of the Nebulon series, which was rapidly transferred to New Republic shipbuilding.
    • The MG-100 SF/17 is indeed built by Slayn and Korpil, and Fantasy Flight Games was not making crap up, they were just confused.
    • The Vigil is a Vakbeor-class Cargo Frigate made by KDY after buying out Gallofree, who married their Nebulon design to it. It's 497 meters in length. It is very poorly armed and armored and has a tiny crew - commonly used as a pirate ship.
    • The First Order light shuttle first seen in the Poe comics is called a Xi-class
    • The Canto Bight police speeders are very reminiscent of the Trade Federation STAP.
    • There are four civilian speeders shown off: Astikan Gridworx Growler-556, Byblos Turbodrive Streetboss 50-50, Vanguerre Artists' Workshop SolarNova TT-86, and a SoroSuub Tri-Vanquish 7.
    • The Libertine is 53 meters long, totally unarmed, and originally owned by Kuati diplomat Valis of Kuhlvult - that name should be familiar to those of you who read the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy of Legends.
    • The AT-HH tug-walker is so heavily armed, armored, and full of redundancies, it's a surprise they even bothered making the AT-M6s.
    • Speaking of the AT-M6s, those pods on their backs are fuel cells for the M6 cannon, and there are little nu-ATAT pilots and nu-Veers in the cockpit, which is neat, but I don't remember seeing them in the movie. Might be wrong, might be deleted scenes, who knows.
    • U-55 Loadlifters were built by Sienar and are only 22 meters long.
    • Ski-speeders are intentionally derivative of the B-wing and designed by the same people.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Crait was butchered on the cutting room floor. There were no heavy scout walkers and I don't think we saw the sequence when the AT-M6 fired its heavy canon. Finn was supposed to say "Thats a big gun"? or something along those lines.

Tiberius.Ogden likes this.