main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Starships/Vehicles/Tech of the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Dec 22, 2015.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The Supremacy was sure huge on the big screen.

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Well. It seems that the entire FO didn't have a single ship that could dunno .. jump out ahead of them the crawling Rebel? ships (or tractor beams).

MS1, Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    We have to remember that at this point the First Order military is conquering the galaxy. The First Order was so focused on producing weapons that could control worlds that they didn't cook up more advantageous tactical weapons. Battlefront II revealed that they have tons of Captial Ships. They might have skipped over lighter ships in their plan to retake the galaxy.

dekaneas likes this.
  4. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    I sincerely hope that going into Episode IX, the Resistance has taken the torn remnants of the NR and molded them back into a New Republic similar to the EU with Viscount Star Defenders and the like. Otherwise it'd just be embarrassing if the FO has all these fancy toys and the Resistance beats them with the bare bones of stuff that came BEFORE the Rebellion.....Though I don't know how I'll feel about any 'allies' the Resistance has helping them if they couldn't be bothered to send aid on Crait.

I also say good riddance to the barely updated A-Wings and X-Wings and those clunky Resistance bombers. Introduce designs similar to the Canto Bight Police Speeders!!

Seriously, if they want it to be the 'War to End All Wars' JJ's gonna have to get past the CGI phobia, which I maintain is what brought us here in the first place.

Though at this point, I can say that this movie might have been a subtle message for me to ease up on the SW altogether.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the hyperspace scene was bitchin'.

6. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Amazon store page for TLJ ICS has a few high res preview images up.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for poor quality, image glitched out, had to upload it to imgur where it compressed the hell out of it.

MarcJordan and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It's an interesting point but my counterpoint question is why though? Killing the ships now or in a few hours makes no difference really when you think victory is at hand and know that the Resistance cannot escape.

8. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    We did see the canon firing but I am sure the battle of Crait was heavily cut.

9. MasterPrince713

Sep 13, 2017
    And Rose was the one to say 'That's a big gun.' Which she did.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I must've been spent by that point, lol.

11. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I love the "piece of junk" Crait speeders. Very Star Warsy.

12. MasterPrince713

Sep 13, 2017
    Star Lazy, I would think. Poor men's B-Wings that can't fly and were basically fodder. Which was about as much as I thought they'd amount to anyway.

Now we have to wait and see if in IX we'll have the good guys with some actual good tech and vehicles. We've had our OT callback, now why don't we go for PT-style stuff done right?

13. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    and sounded very very much like racing pods ..

14. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If the Resistance is serious about winning this war, they need a real battle cruiser - the Rebels have always had good fighters and pilots but crap capital ships. For once, it would be nice to see them go toe to toe with Star Destroyers instead of always running. And Endor doesn't count, they were just trapped and trying to escape.

Of course, ground walkers would also be nice, but I guess that's just not in the budget of the Resistance, since they've lost all their support base.

15. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Why when you can just hyperdrive though a fleet and destroy it!

16. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Why when you can just hyperdrive though a fleet and destroy it!

17. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I loved the ramming at lightspeed. That's something I've always wanted to see, and they did it pretty much how I'd envisioned it: just punch a narrow hole straight through the target, almost like when Wile E Coyote runs into a cliff and leaves a coyote-shaped hole behind him.

DaddlerTheDalek and Darth Smurf like this.
  19. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Finally, we have some references to the New Republic in the Incredible cross sections...Was nice to see specifically how the NR has supported the resistance. Surprised that it says that the NR gave the resistance SEVERAL nebulon C frigates though....last i checked there is only one in the movie. Were the others destroyed?

20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    If anyone was too busy with what was going on in that initial battle, John Williams actually wrote some cool original music for the First Order Dreadnought and the Resistance Bombers. I would expect these to return in some form if we see them on screen again.

2:18-2:40 is a cue for the Dreadnought,
    3:31 and onwards is the Bombing Run. 5:02 is where it gets really awesome.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Dreadnought and Supremecy were badass. They looked awesome jumping out of hyperspace. But the AT-M6’s take badass to a whole new level. They’re my new favourite Star Wars vehicle. The way they were towering over Luke and looking down on him made for some spectacular shots.

Strongbow and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  23. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

The jumping ahead thing might seem like a "why not?" kind of thing, but maybe microjumps are not something the FO ships are capable of?

But the tractor beams are easy enough... the Resistance ships were just out of range. <shrug>

24. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I was worried about how the "Gorilla walkers" would look on screen.

I should have. They were AWESOME.

We didn't see the weird spider walkers. Good. ;)

MarcJordan likes this.
  25. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    On my second viewing I noticed during the lightspeed ramming of the Supremacy, most of the star destroyer fleet is also destroyed. I assume by the shockwave.