main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Start Here -- post ROTJ AU - C-3PO Decides - COMPLETE - 31-Dec-2008 - Diary Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Start Here
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: A short time after ROTJ
    Genre: drama and maybe a little bit of everything, AU
    Characters: C-3PO, Luke Skywalkers, others as they turn up
    Keywords Jedi Order, Jedi, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, recording, Temple
    Summary: Luke begins to revive the Jedi Order. And all that speculation I've had since 1983, but couldn't go anywhere with it until we had the final piece of the Saga in 2005. This is a Dear Diary 2008 Challenge story. With luck, it will last throughout the year.
    And: typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

######## SKYWALKER - - - JEDI ORDER PROJECT ########

***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    =============== START HERE ===============

"Recording. Recording.

"Ahem. I am C-3PO, Human-cyborg relations.

"I am assisting Master Luke Skywalker, um, Jedi Knight, in recovering the, ah, well. . . . the remains of the previous old Order of Jedi Knights. Of the Old Republic. And, apparently, I believe, beginning a new one. For the New Republic. Or so I'm told.

"Master Luke has tasked me with this log of our significant events for this project. Well, I did suggest it. Since there will be a lot searching and researching and I don't know what else. Master Luke is a bit vague about what will happen. I'm not really sure he knows.

"I'm not really sure what this all means. But we are on our way to Coruscant to start.

"And I am so glad that awful rebellion is over. The galaxy will do much better without that horrible Empire."

>>Beeeeebebebebe - irz - oooop - fztttttt<<

"Well, I don't know why you should say that R2. That's a perfectly valid thing to say about all the things we've been through."

>>Totototototo-mlaaazzztt<<

"Yes, yes, yes. All right."

========================================
    ***** end recording *****

2. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    This looks interesting. C3PO usually has a different take on things.

MJR:)

3. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I agree :) This could be quite interesting :D I can't wait to see what you cook up for this fic, ardavenport!

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Me too! :D I like so far! This looks like it will be wonderful! [face_dancing] Luke said in Heir to the Empire, "You have a unique perspective on the universe, Threepio". I agree!
    Great job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Coolness! Fun!! PMs? :D

6. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    mara_jade_rox: Thanks! C3PO is a change for me to write, but he is very distinctive, so he isn't too difficult either.

Myriad_Daydreams: Thanks for the reply! The difficulty with using C3PO to tell the story (most of the time) would be in not being to distant from what's happening, since he's mostly watching the action. I suppose he'll have to get into a few things.

dancing_star: Thank-you! 3PO does have his own perspective on things. He tends to get wrapped up in his own things and then gets dragged into the story unwillingly. He wants to be useful, but he doesn't want to get blown up either. [face_michief]

Jade_eyes: Thanks for reading! I hadn't thought much about PMs, but things do move faster on Beyond and get buried faster. And I'm sending PMs to the diary sock anyway. I'll just add you, too. However, whenever I send PMs, I don't send another one until the previous one has been opened, so don't leave them too long.

7. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

######## SKYWALKER - - - JEDI ORDER PROJECT ########

***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****

"Recording. Recording.

"C-3PO speaking.

"Well, Coruscant is certainly exciting. It's the center of the Galactic Republic now. The new one.

"Well, there is some confusion about that in the New Senate. Quite a lot of systems don't want to be part of the Republic at all. How odd. But I'm not really well versed in those things. I expect they'll sort it out.

"We have certainly been assigned very nice rooms here. And a lovely view of the city- - -"

>>Bbblllaaaattt - oop teeteeteeteeteet - tifz<<

"Yes, yes, R2, I'm getting to that.

"Well, our task. Hmm. I don't really know what to call it. It's not really a project, not a formal one. And it's not a mission. At least not like what we've had. At least not with anyone shooting at us. Or chasing us. Or with anything blowing up.

"Really we're not doing anything like that at all anymore. . . ."

>>Muuuu - zzzzeett zzzakkk - zat<<

"Of course I don't miss it. I was merely speculating."

>>Da - boop<<

"Oh yes, our project. I don't really know what we should call it. It's not like anything we've been doing and it does seem to be a long term assignment."

>>Heebe - da - heebe - da Ooop twzzzt twzzzzt<<

"Mission: Jedi? Well, I suppose that is what Master Luke called it when he was looking for information on the Jedi when we were still the Alliance. There really wasn't much there to find then. He didn't need us for that. This is very different."

>>Fffzzaatt - pmmffzzt. Budududududu - eeeeeeet<<

"Oh really? And how much do you know about Jedi?"

>>Ooooooop - oot - fzztx - heebe toop ooop - a - oop - a teep - teep<<

"What? That's ridiculous. You were not."

>>Bbbfffffzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaattttt<<

"Oh fine. Have it your own way. But we still don't have a designation for this project. Personally, I think it should reflect Master Luke's priorities."

>>Ooo-doop<<

"Well, Master Luke has several priorities. Apparently, he is to revive the entire Jedi Order. I don't really know how he's supposed to do that. I thought they were all killed.

"He is also supposed to take charge of the Jedi Temple. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be quite large and was sealed up by the Emperor. Master Luke hopes to find information about the Jedi there. They apparently had quite large Archives.

"And it's been announced on the Galactic Holo-Net that Master Luke is restoring the Jedi Order.

"There are three-hundred-twenty-three-thousand-six-hundred-and-seventy-seven inquiries about the Jedi from all over the New Republic already. It will take me nearly two days to go through all those.

"Oh, this task is quite overwhelming."

>>Mmmeeeezzzeeett - ooop - tutututututututututu - boooop - fzzzzzzaat.<<

"Yes, yes, R2, I know you're helping. But really, we should have more help.

"I shall speak to Master Luke about it. Right away. Tomorrow morning.

"Oh, after he's done his training. He always gets up so early, but then he just sits there for so long. And sometimes. . . . well. . . . things happen. All on their own. I don't like to come too close. . . . . Well, I will just say that I prefer to keep my feet firmly on the ground."

>>Mmmhhmmhhmmhhmmhhmmhhmmhhmmhhmm.<<

"Well, I don't think it's that funny. And I notice that you're never around when Master Luke is training."

>>Ootootootoommmuuuum<<

"Oh really? Well, we shall ask for help, tomorrow. After Master Luke's training."

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee!!! Love the banter between R2 and C3PO. It's very in character. That part about wanting to keep feet on the ground LOL ;)

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love it so far! [face_laugh] 3PO's rambling and bickering with R2 have been written very well. Keep up the good work, and please keep me posted!

10. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Splendid update!![face_dancing] I loved it!!:D You write the droid's banter perfectly!
    Looking forward to more!:)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Thanks! It almost isn't right to have C-3PO without R2. They go so well together. And neither of them, I think, are quite comfortable with Jedi ways. [face_mischief]

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thank-you! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

dancing_star: Thanks for reading! 3PO isn't really a character I write much, but he's Luke's droid and he has such a distinctive style, he really stands out. Glad to hear my characterization of him is working.

12. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    ######## SKYWALKER - - - MISSION: JEDI PROJECT ########

***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****

"Recording. Recording."

"C-3PO speaking."

"Well, we have been very busy. So many inquiries. There were quite a lot of people who were friendly to the Jedi before the Empire killed them all. Far to many of them to speak to I'm afraid. But some of these recorded messages will help."

***** INSERT *****
    ***** INSERT *****
    ***** INSERT *****
    (((((((((((((((((((( holo-record ))))))))))))))))))))
    --------------------------------------------------------
    ** The following is a pre-recorded message ** Beeeeeeep

"Greetings.

"I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.

"Please accept my apologies for such an impersonal recorded response, but my time is limited and there have been many communications.

"I would be most grateful if you would send a record of any information you have about the Jedi to Galactic Com-channel El-El-AyTu-Five-Five-Seven. It will accept any record format.

"Again, you have my gratitude for your assistance. Thank-you."
    (((((((((((((((((((( end-holo-record ))))))))))))))))))))

"Greetings."

"I regret this recorded response to your communication about the Jedi. Please accept my apologies for such an impersonal response, but my time is limited and I cannot respond to all inquiries.

"The status of all Jedi of the Old Republic is listed on Galactic Com Archive Yu-Yu-Bee-Cha-Six-Zero-Zero-Zero. The losses were terrible, but the Jedi did not mourn their dead. Hrrr-mmmph. They do not. They served the Old Republic, and the Force, with honor.

"There are, however, some Jedi whose status is not known. If you have any information about any of them, please forward that information to Galactic Com-channel Kay-Tu-Em-Em-Enel-Four-Poe-Poe-Nu-Ve-Eighty-Eight-Del.

"Thank-you."

"Greetings."

Thank-you for your information about the Jedi. I regret this recorded response, but my time is limited. Your help is appreciated and another com will be sent after your information is evaluated.

"May the Force be with you."

"This is Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.

"All inquiries about myself or the current status of the Jedi cannot be answered at this time. General information from the Holo-net and the released records of the Rebel Alliance are on Galactic Com-channel Vee-Vee-Zero-Thirty-Seven-Gee-Ohm-Tee-Seventy-One.

** End pre-recorded message ** Beeeeeeep

"This is Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight."

< Bzzztt-bzzzzzttttt >

"3PO? Is this com working? The light's not on."

"Oh!"

< tap tap tap >

"Oh dear."

< tap tap Bzzzzzzzt >

"Oh, now I think it's back."

< clink tap tap >

"OK. But have this checked. And cut this part out."

"Of course, Master Luke."

"All right. Hunh-hunuh."

"This is Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight

13. JEDI_MARAUDER

JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    Is it sad that I can imagine exactly what Artoo is saying?

Good job so far! Threepio and Artoo are two of the greatest characters ever created and I am so glad that you are writing them. I was disappointed in the lack of the droids in LotF so far so it is good to see them again. Keep up the good stuff!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I could just hear Luke saying those things :D Referencing Marauder's comment about Artoo and 3PO in LOTF.... that's just criminal. They're a lot of what makes SW have its particular ... tone. [face_laugh] Even in the other SF I read, I always like droids with distinct personalities--LOL

15. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    "This is Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight."

< Bzzztt-bzzzzzttttt >

"3PO? Is this com working? The light's not on."

"Oh!"

< tap tap tap >

"Oh dear."

< tap tap Bzzzzzzzt >

"Oh, now I think it's back."

< clink tap tap >

"OK. But have this checked. And cut this part out."

"Of course, Master Luke."

"All right. Hunh-hunuh."

Hee! :D Especially liked this part![face_laugh]
    Excellent update!!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] Great addition! =D= I can't wait to see where this goes!

17. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    JEDI_MARAUDER: No, it's not sad at all - R2 has a very distinctive voice. [face_mischief] And too often the droids get neglected after the saga and in fanfics, though they're such important storytellers for the saga. The diary is one way of bringing a little of that back. Thanks for reading!

Jade_eyes: I haven't read LOTF, so I don't know what they said about R2 and 3PO, but there's always fan fiction for some droid tales. :) Thanks for the reply!

dancing_star: Thank-you! :)

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thanks for reading!

18. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****

"Recording. Recording."

"C-3PO speaking."

"Master Luke has procured some much needed help for us, through Princess Leia. We now have several droids to take care of the communications. And the data.

"There really isn't much left about the Jedi. That horrible Emperor destroyed so much. It's horrible! Massive databanks, just erased! Oh!

"It makes me shiver just to think of it.

"But there is quite a lot of information to go through. Oh, Master Luke says that quite a lot of it is wrong. Planted by the Empire to discredit the Jedi. But even he isn't really sure about some of it.

"And there do seem to be quite a few people throughout the galaxy who preserved some things. Master Luke says at great personal risk to themselves. I don't know how useful some of them are. Oh, I suppose the lightsabers. And certainly the data archives, though quite a few contradict each other. It will take some time to sort that out.

"But I'm really not sure what we're going to do about some of the other things. Apparently there are some personal effects, odd things that are supposed to have belonged to Jedi, but since they're dead, it's really not clear what they're for. Well, the clothes are obvious and some personal decoration and tools; but they're quite common. Hardly anything that can't be replaced. It's very odd why any of it should be special. And there are some strange bits that we're not really sure what they are.

"Ooooh, and it's quite disturbing how many people are . . . . hostile to Jedi. And supported the Emperor. He was so horrible. And I'm really concerned about some of the others. Some of them should seek professional help. Really, Master Luke could not possibly have anything to do with the brain waves of anyone. At least not anyone on another planets. I think.

"Oh, but they tried to send us stormtroopers to help with security! Really! I - I - I . . . just can't abide them. I don't care who they're supposed to be working for now.

"Well, we have help now. I just hope we can mange all this. . . . . I'm still not sure Master Luke knows where this is all going.

"Oh, and Master Luke is looking at the Jedi Temple today. Just the outside. Apparently there is some trouble with going inside for now. He took R2 with him. I hope it's interesting.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fine update. Can't wait to find out what they found inside. :D

20. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Can't wait to find out what they found inside.
    Me neither![face_thinking] Marvelous update!! Can't wait for more!!![face_dancing]
    =D= =D==D==D=

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Luke was smart not to bring 3PO, he can get into trouble if something happens. great post!

22. JEDI_MARAUDER

JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    I think you have Threepio's dialog perfect. "Oh, but they tried to send us stormtroopers to help with security! Really! I - I - I . . . just can't abide them. I don't care who they're supposed to be working for now."

Classic.

23. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

Jade_eyes: Thank-you! We'll see what the Temple reveals. . . .eventually. [face_mischief]

dancing_star: Thanks so much for reading! :)

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thanks for reading! And I think 3PO will get to the Temple with Luke eventually, but not right away.

JEDI_MARAUDER: Thank-you! Yes, I think 3PO will always be touchy about stromtroopers.

24. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****
    ***** recording *****

***** INSERT *****
    ***** INSERT *****
    ***** INSERT *****

Bing-BONG!

Da-di-da-di-DAH-DAH.

Tic-a-tic-a-tic-a-tic-a-tic-a-tic-ah PING!

"Hel-LO!!! This is Holo-Net Com Channel Zee-Tu-Tu-Tem-Oh-Vod-Five!!!"

"And this is COR CORRIGAN! From the Core World of Coruscant. The heart of a BRAND NEW GALAXY"

Dah-dee-dah-dee-DAH-DEE-DAH-DEE-DAH!! DAH!! Toooooiiinnngggg!!!

"And we are continuing with our End Of The Emprie EXTRAVAGANZA!!

"Last time we spoke with Mon Mothma the acting Chancellor of what is now known as the NEW REPUBLIC, though there are still some arguments about that. I'm talking to YOU, Danthormis Assembly!

"This time we're speaking with one of the heroes of the former Rebel Alliance, LUKE SKYWALKER!"

"Uh. . . . . hello."

"LUKE SKYWALKER! Aside from being a former commander of Rebel Alliance, and a veteran of several significant Rebel victories, he also THE hero who defeated the Emperor himself during the Battle of Endor."

"Uh. . . . . I didn't defeat the Emperor. It was Darth Vader. Uh, Anakin Skywalker. My father."

"The SECRET IDENTITY to Emperor Palpatine's iron fist himself, the FALLEN JEDI KNIGHT, Anakin Skywalker. It was a tragic tale indeed. Finally, full of regret for his years of cruelty, killings and massacres. Years of tormenting and humiliating others he finally came to regret his evil deeds.

"Tell me Luke. How did you reach past the black breath mask of this monster to the being beneath?"

"I. . . . accepted him. As my father. When we met, the first time, he reached out to me. And I knew that he wanted me as his son. And that I could reach him. The next time we met."

"Really? And how did he reach out to you?"

"Uh. We were fighting. And he wanted me to join him to defeat the emperor."

"Fighting? Were you injured?"

"Yyyyyyeeeeessssss. He cut my hand off. This is a cybernetic."

"Well. It's a good thing he didn't reach out any further, or we might not have you here to talk with us! So, Vader was plotting then to destroy the Emperor. Was he thinking of coming over to the Alliance then?"

"No. He didn't really consider that. He wanted to rule the galaxy. And me with him. But, in the end, over Endor, he let go of that. He realized that was the only way to defeat the Emperor. He died saving me. He sacrificed himself. Like a Jedi."

"I see. . . . . . . . very noble.

"I understand that you are actually the illegitimate child of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, who became the Man in the Black Suit, Darth Vader? Since Jedi Knights of the Old Republic were not allowed to have families?"

"Yes."

"Assuming that Vader didn't do it all himself, who was your mother?"

"Her name was Padme. I've found out that she was the Senator from Naboo. But I haven't had time to find out much more about her yet."

"Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! Here that Naboo? We're calling YOOOOOUUUUUUU!

"So, you might have family there?"

"I. . . . . don't really know. I've never been to Naboo."

"WONDERFUL world. AND an early supporter of the New Republic. Naboo, expect a hero visiting there sometime soon! You grew up on Tatooine then with your father's family. On a farm?:"

"Yes, it was a moisture farm."

"Humble beginnings, indeed! And now a Jedi Knight.

"Now let me introduce our next guest, Finisel Utang, the author of the soon to be released fast-holo-facz, 'KNIGHT FALL: the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic'."

"Thank-you Cor. Thank-you very much for having me as your guest."

"Now, I've only been able to fast-skim this holo but I have to say that it is full of tragedy."

"It's a very grim and sorry tale in the history of the Republic."

"What inspired you to write and record this, Finisel? Did you know any Jedi? Have any in your f

25. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    "This time we're speaking with one of the heroes of the former Rebel Alliance, LUKE SKYWALKER!"

"Uh. . . . . hello."

"LUKE SKYWALKER! Aside from being a former commander of Rebel Alliance, and a veteran of several significant Rebel victories, he also THE hero who defeated the Emperor himself during the Battle of Endor."

"Uh. . . . .

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Oh Luke!! Shy farmboy! You're just adorable on the holo-net!![face_love]:* You're always adorable!![:D]
    Splendid update, ardavenport!! So funny- I loved it!! One of my favorites so far!!:)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.