main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC State of the VicFF - Input Needed!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Already in the pipe works

2. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought advertising wasn't allowed here???

On top of that LordvaderFF used to promote Skyforce meetings all the time in these forums but just they fell on deaf ears.

And on top of that, the Star Walking web site link is posted under the Oceania grouping so the information has been available all along.

I also know that we gave up promoting our events because no one here gave a toss.

BUT...

All that was in the past and if the world is now a little different and eyes are now a little open then in the words of Boss Nass, "maybe we start being friends".

If I am allowed to advertise Skyforce here then here are the details for the next gig.

Date: Saturday October 11
    Time: between 1-5pm
    Address: Mervyn Himbury Theological Studies Centre, 50 The Avenue, Parkville (just north of Leonard St) Melway ref 43 F1 - look for the Star Walking Inc banner
    Cost: $5 SWI members, $7 non members. Children under 12 free (now before anyone grizzles about the cost we are a charity based, non profit organisation)

Remember guys, SWI is the longest running non official SW fan club in the world and is the ONLY SW fan club in the country running regular social events.

And in case you've suddenly become super keen, the meeting after that is being held on December 13 and 2009 dates will be announced shortly.

So if people here are really serious about making the 3 social events per year FF quota, then here's your chance to solve a lot of problems in one hit.

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    That's Whitley College, isn't it?

I've actually been to one Star Walking meet about ... three years ago now. I used to live across the road, so I saw the banner and walked over. :p

4. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    It might also be known as Whitley College, though if you lived across the road from it you must be a squirrel as there is a huge reserve on the other side of the road - no houses at all :)

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's not technically advertising, persay....you're just saying "hey guys, my fan group is having a meeting, we'd love it if you guys came along!" ;) turns away [face_whistling]

6. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Bending the rules, Addie? :D :p

Dags, I lived in the other college across Leonard St. ;) Technically not across the road from the centre, but across the road from Whitley.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, maybe......as long as you guys come here and talk about the meet, let us know what you did. Other clubs {the Star Trek Club for example and the Australian Costuming Guild) have let us know when they are having events and invited us along. I've been to a couple Australian Costuming Guild Quiz nights with other SAFF members forming our own team! One we did really well in!! So I don't see it as much different, another SW group is meeting and they are inviting the SW group to come along.... ;)

8. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    In that case then, "hey guys my fan group is having a meeting, we'd love it you guys came along" all the details can be found in the above post.

:)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ;) [face_whistling] Just don't go making this place you Starwalking discussion board, this is the Vic FF....so you must discuss the event as a bunch of people who went to an event for another group. ;) frowns and wonders if she made any sense.

10. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Don't worry I don't plan to discuss anything. All I've done is provide an obvious solution to a long, overdrawn problem that VicFF has been experiencing.

Either VicFF will jump on board and make life easy for itself, or it won't and everything will be back to square one. Either way it's not really my problem if VicFF opts not to support the local SW community - though I won't fully understand it.

Don't forget these events have been in place for 14 years so VicFF could've become a part of this a long time ago as NSWFF have done with Skyforce meetings in Sydney.

So in essence I've opened the gates to the paddock, but it's upto the cows to determine if they want to eat the green grass that's in there.

11. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I love being called a cow. It's my favourite :p

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think he was just using an example..... ;) and knowing Dagsy he's just being Daggy about it! ;) :p Ok, that's the extent of my attempt at humour! Seems NSW have been up to it for sometime, so why not?

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    What if perchance some of us folk tried some of that green grass and decided the taste just wasn't for them? Perhaps we 'cows' have other ways of expressing our fandom that are just as valid despite being slightly different?

Just putting it out there. The last thing we would want is a "in our out" approach to fandom in this state. We are all - after all - more alike than we are different.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then dont go, organise a meet for yourself! Dont have to go.....he's just putting it out there. ;) All suggestions are welcome.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Thanks for your input.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm just saying that all events are welcome, and not everyone has to attend every event. I don't attend all my Fan Force events, some don't even appeal to me. Hey, three of you lot having coffee and cake discussing the Clone Wars or the latest item to your collection is a meet in my book. ;) I know there have been 'differences of opinion' here, and I respect that. It was only a suggestion to help the VICFF meet their quota of meets. :)

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
  18. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
  19. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    And that's exactly what it is, and as Lando once said "just tryin' to help". Thanks for your support on this and remaining objective.

You're also right with your previous comment, if Skyforce doesn't appeal then don't go, but at the same time VicFF, don't procrastinate about needing to hold a gathering to meet your FF quota and not being able to do so. I applaude Mixo in that he at least is putting some effort into it.

I only suggested Skyforce because this ***IS*** a SW forum and Skyforce, funnily enough, is a SW event.

20. GypsyJedi

GypsyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    I was joking about the 'cow' thing, hence the ':p'

We all know how to joke, right? We all seem to be getting all grudgey and narky in here a lot lately.

(This is PulsarSkate, btw)

21. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Hey I'm all cool and good, no probs here at all.

See -----> :)

I know it might sound like I've come back with an argy bargy attitude but I haven't. All going well I'll see some/most/all of you at the VicFF meet in October. If not then no dramas it'll be at some other meet.

22. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Awww...he remembered me. :)

Actually Mixo and I have been discussing this very idea for the last few weeks, just looking for the right way to introduce it.....thanks Dags. :D

23. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    No probs. You know how it is, was just in the area and thought I'd pop in. :)

24. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The door is always open and the coffee is always hot.

25. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    and I we will always have heaps of hot steaming pie just for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.