main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT State why you love the Prequels!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ForceGhostAnakin, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    Mainly because of what they add to the universe. The PT operated on a whole different scale, and elevated SW from just a fun adventure series to a fully-realized universe. I love the large-scale battles, gorgeous and interesting planets, the amazing score by Williams, the intensity and martial skill of the duels, the vast and varied designs for aliens, vehicles, soldiers, etc.

I love how they tie in and mirror the originals, strengthening the overall story by showing a son growing beyond the mistakes his father and masters made, bringing honor to both his family and the Jedi. I just have many warm memories of being a little kid watching The Phantom Menace on VHS over and over, and playing Battlefront and Republic Commando on my Xbox, just enjoying the sandbox universe that Lucas created.

2. Anidala

Anidala Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2020
    I love the world building and the expansion to the lore and universe, characters, and the tragedy of Anakin and his story. I never found them boring at all and I enjoy all the politics and Palpatine's machinations.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    I appreciate the focus on Anakin/Vader, as Darth Vader is easily my favorite SW character.
    I also enjoyed the corresponding tale of political transformation: what happened to the Republic was pretty much the same thing that happened to Anakin himself.
    Further, I understood the sleek visuals, ballet-like duels, and so on entirely appropriate from a story-telling point of view and am not bothered by 'all the CGI'. This was the height of the Republic and the Jedi Order, and the visuals clearly indicate this. The old, worn, used look we all love from the classic trilogy was what happened to this civilization in the wake of the Clone Wars as well as the civil war.