main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Still no Shuttle *Official FAO Imperial Shuttle thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Double post.

-saber holder

2. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Got the call about mine today. Gonna pick it up on Sunday.

Very excited.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I got my Shuttle tonight!!! Woooooo!!

The only problem I have: the dark-tinted canopy cover isn't staying on very well. Anyone else having this problem? I know a shot from the hot glue gun would make it stay in place, but still....

Anyway, this is a gorgeous vehicle! And it is a birthday present! ;)

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    RoyalGuard I'm having no trouble with my canopy. But what I'm having trouble with is the wings. I press the button and they wont fall unless I give them a push. Should they just fall? I know on my vintage on all I have to do is pick it up and down they go.

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Robert:

It doesn't seem to me that the wings should just fall. That may be due to the age and/or condition of your vintage shuttle. Over 20 years, stuff like that just wears down.

On my new shuttle, you have to squeeze the trigger, and pull down the wings. They come down pretty easily, but not on their own. Hope this helps!

6. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'm glad you guys have gotten your shuttles for the most part. Good to see none of your are disapointed either.

The Shuttle is the one vehicle I never plan on owning. It just seems like a rip-off to me. A ship that did virtually nothing costing that much money is a joke in my mind.

But I hope you guys all enjoy and cherish your shuttles.

7. bobayoda34

bobayoda34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2001
    I just saw that FAO charged my CC. My shuttle should be on the way!

8. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Well got my shuttle today. There were some wackos running around, one guy in his late 40's sporting a Star Wars Cap and Episode 1 shirt wouldnt stop watching me as the guy brought my shuttle from the backroom, then this wacky guy started drooling on the floor behind me. And if thats not enough on the way out one guy was about to cry as i walked passed him with my shuttle inhand and the employee telling him they are backordered. I ran to my car as fast as possible. Overall it was worth the danger factor, this shuttle is huge ! Its solid and one of the best vehicles i've ever flown lol. I'd say its worth the $120 if you got it early because its gonna be scarce pickings from what i've seen at this FAO. Watch your backs ! There are some crazy fools out there that will stop at nothing to get your shuttle.

9. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I called FAO today and got a tracking number for my shipment. My shuttle should be delivered today! Finally.

10. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    2 of my friends up here in Toronto got their
    shuttles this morning. the problem is that
    I am here at work so I am trying to figure out what to do about picking mine...

11. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    which FAO did you order your shuttles from? the people that have got theirs I mean. FAO in las vegas claims they havent gotten their shipment in yet. jerks.

12. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I ordered mine from their website....

13. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I ordered mine from the web site around july or august 2002. I live in NC, so we don't really have an FAO schwartz near us. Thank god for the web site. This is one vehicle I never had as a kid but wanted - and now I have it and it sits atop my bookshelf near the door with pride!

14. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    I got mine today. Ordered it from the catalog last summer sometime. There aren't any FAO's withen 300 miles of me in Ohio. I called two different stores, NY and one in Michigan, to reserve one last spring. They're supposed to call when they get to your name, then send it to you when it comes in. I didn't trust that so when the opportunity presented itself to reserve one by catalog I jumped at it. I figured one of those three would come through, so I guess if the stores call now I'll pass it along to the next person.

15. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Finally! I got my new shuttle yesterday. Not only that, but the Lego Shuttle I won on eBay came in the mail too. Yesterday was officially 'Imperial Shuttle Day' around my place.

I was surprised how dark the paint is on the new shuttle. It's almost brown, when compared to my vintage one.

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hmmmm since I will be in vegas over the weekend maybe I will have to stop by FAO and show them what a disgruntled starwars fan with some gas and matches will do when pushed to far. I was the fourth person to order it from lasvegas store so thats why I'm so peved. when I orderd it the operator had to transfer me to the manager because they had no idea what I was even wanting.

17. OCB the Hutt

OCB the Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 6, 1999
    I received my shuttle yesterday and I ordered from FAO on-line. The LA FAO had some in stock for the people on the waiting list...

I took some loose shots...

[image=http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-03/shuttle2.jpg]

Go here to see some more :)

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    OMG! I love what you did with your shuttle OCB! I just talked to FAO this morning, and my shuttle will be on its way soon! I can't wait! I guess I have to buy more troops! :D

19. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    My Shuttle is here yay!!

20. Padme_Anakin_Fan

Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    Nice display, OCB! :)

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    got the call yesterday and I will be picking it up over the weekend. we are getting married in vegas over the weekend friday to be more exact.it will save me shipping costs.

22. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hey I dont remeber the icream maker guy getting of the shuttle with the emporror? does any body else not remeber this?

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    OMG OCB!!! [face_shocked] THAT'S FRIGGIN' BEAUTIFULLY SET UP! [face_shocked]

Duuuuuude. Wowzers. Amazing. [face_shocked]

BTW, I like the TESB Ice Cream Maker guy! [face_laugh]

24. OCB the Hutt

OCB the Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 6, 1999
    Oh yeah he was there but sadly his scene was cut from the movie :( Nice catch though and it is my own little Easter Egg :)

25. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    That is the pic I have been scouring the net to see.

I want to open my shuttle but just don't see the point as I'm just going to have to ship it back to Australia soon anyway. It's good to see it with the figs to get an idea of scale (you never can tell with box imagery, and the kitchen table helps too ;) ).

But just to be different, I plan to display my shuttle with all of the Endor rebels disembarking, probably not as impressive as all those Imperials lined up (which I do have (minus Ice-cream maker guy)), but cool all the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.