main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL FF RPG

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Leash,
    The only way I can think to do that is to set up the card table, and have us play around that. I think at this point we have Sean, John, Jake, you, and me playing. Am I leaving out anyone? Scott? So it is possible... what does everyone think of that idea? I will need to know soon, so I can make space available...

2. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I can also loan you my laptop if that would make it easier....

3. Form4Master

Form4Master Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    Have a side-quest for tomorrow all ready. Let's just say the first hour of the game is going to be REAL interesting. Hope everyone can swim.

Stories are really great; it will help me to get more perspective on your character and how to place you in the game.
    Alicia: Great story and 1up for you, level 2 Tech which will help you out a lot, congrats.

We get into the meat and potatoes of it tomorrow people. Be ready for some immediate action and problem solving because you are going to need it. Name of the game is TEAMWORK. Between a Ewok fighter, a Bothan scoundrel, a Kel Dor Jedi, and a Zarak Tech there should be no task you can?t do. But I bet I can think of a couple?

See ya Sat.

Sean

4. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Is this a bad time to mention my characters paralizing fear of water?

5. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    That is what makes it even more fun (evil laughter...)
    And who said you would have enough time to be afraid?

6. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Sean,
    Thanks! I am excited.

John, ROFLMAO! You are going to keep me laughing all through this and making Sean's job hard aren't you?! [face_laugh]

7. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    No, he is going to make our team's job hard... :p

8. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Gamers reference?

9. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002

But of course.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jon, Susan can bring her laptop, if you are going to available...

11. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm going to be around. I might have an away message up, but IM me anyway.

I'm on AIM and Yahoo right now and I can sign on to MSN if you need.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jon please log into MSN. shcook is doing this...

13. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Sounds like a fun game. Have I misread, or do you have people participating remotely via online chat (e.g. teamspeaks or somesuch)?

Also, I posted a d20 related PDF on the Yahoo Groups site covering light saber construction details for any players going that route. And, if anyone is interested, I wrote a dice rolling bot which is now connected to my web based chat room that I host http://chat.gatewaygamer.net. I'd love for some folks to get on and give it a shot. And, it might help with people playing RPG remotely as far as everyone seeing their dice rolls, or just chat text.

I feel like the third-wheel, posting stuff and not playing in the game. Hope it's helpful. :-B

14. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    So the Ewok had some issues, he may or may not have sucker puched a Jedi, and had his way with a blaster rifle. This was all before he discovered that wet ewok was an aphrodisiac for female Twi-Leks and Male Mandoban squirrels. After that I don't know much of what happened, I inhaled a pringle and lost track of the events.

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I somehow missed the aphrodisiac bit...

16. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I enjoyed the game today. anyone who's got the book we used to make our people, what's it called, I plan on getting a copy for myself in the future. PM me with the info I need.

17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Had a blast today! Can someone clue me in on what dice I need and how many, etc. please?

18. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    same here. I plan on going and replacing my lost ones, so I too, need to know what ones I need to buy. watch me find the ones I lost after I get the new ones. lol.

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Generally, one of each type is acceptable (4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 20). However, In this game, d20's are the most frequently used, so picking up 3-4 of them isn't a bad idea.

Another way to go is just to go to a gaming shop and they'll sell little packs of dice with a good number of each already selected.

20. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    That's because it never happened. This is what I get for leaving my laptop unattended when the ewok's around.... :)

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    All I know it that I have to get new dice. I'm quite tired of rolling 3s...

22. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, you wouldn't really need more than 1 D20 in my opinion, just because you rarely roll more than one at a time, things like 8's and 6's get rolled in 3 and 4 at a time, so often that is what you would want multiples of.

23. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    My mom thinks she still might have my little brothers, so she's going to look. If not then I will go to one of the local gaming shops. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I will have my own set before the next round.

Christina, the powerball last night was 36 and had 36 also in the set of numbers. Which I don't think happens alot. That was the only 3's though in the powerball.

24. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey there RPGers!
    Forgive the spelling, I am typing this at lunch.

Well here is the recap on what happened at the 01/28/06 game session in all its flooding docking bay, Jedi sucker punching, and ?Tina gunloving? grandeur. This one was one for the record books?

Opening:
    When we last left our Strike Team they were being briefed before leaving for an emergency rescue mission to Kessel. Before the shuttle lifted off however Draco sensed thought the Force that something deadly was going to happen. Leaving the pilots behind the Strike Team started to venture to the far side of the large Docking Bay just in time to see a huge energy blast followed by a forceful wave of sound that moved star fighters, split workers in two and seriously damaged the underwater docking bay. Otter and Titania were thrown so hard by the blast they hit an X-Wing fighter and were knocked out and tended to by the shuttle pilots who were to fly the group to Kessel.

As the large automatic flood doors locked in 160 Rebel personal the docking bay started to take on water the Strike Team started trying to figure out the best way to escape the rapidly filling docking bay. Draco assisted several Jedi in trying to spot weld parts of the bay to no avail and Runya attempted to override the computers systems. As the water rose the Strike Team found several items to help them. One of the two Jedi Draco was assisting had a rare lightsaber which was instrumental to the escape of the Strike Team. The Strike Team also found a locker with insulation foam and several aquasuits. Given these items the Strike Team planned to cut through the main base doors with the torches and lightsaber and then shore up the whole with the insulation foam. Now the Strike Team just had to deal with the frantic mob of captive and panicking dock workers. You fuzzy companion bravely tried to scare and stun some of the mob with a stun grenade with mixed results, stunning 70 people in the mob but also the Jedi Knight trying to assist. He also shot a Rebel in the leg to make others move and gave some Rebels nightmares for a goodly long time. Eventually the Jedi apprentice was SOME help when he arrived with the canister of insulation foam as the water level continued to grow and sections of the ceiling bulkhead started to give way. As the situation became grimmer as the mobs ran for the ships and were about to blow a hole in the doomed docking bay until Veronna hacked the com and announced that the Strike Team was attempting to cut through the main door. As some of the ships (1 remained defiant to the end and was lost in the rescue) landed, hordes of individuals ran for a door that was not yet ready. The door was not coming along as well as need be given the rapidly rising water level and the lightsaber Draco was making the most progress with overheated. Then the Ewok had an idea. Grabbing the com from Veronna he stated that a nearby powered up ship use its turbo lasers to blow the door. Two Jedi, one still a little groggy from the stun grenade, Force pushed the mob around the door against the walls and the gunner took the shot. Not a very good shot, but a shot nonetheless. It blasted a whole in the side panel and allowed enough room for an escape passage but had breached a small section of the inner base in the process. As the party emerged with two soggy unconscious companions from the doomed docking bay to be met by Rebel assistance in the form of large steel plates and strong individuals holding back the rapidly rising water. As the Strike Team spot welded the steel plates into place the Jedi levitated the insulation foam canister on top of the wall, where it promptly fell off and sunk into the water. Eventually, Jon?s smuggler character set off a frag grenade and the foam canister ruptured filling the hole with insulation foam and stopping the Rebel base from the watery breach. Not only had the Strike Team evaded a flooded docking bay of doom and saved all but 15 people with a little help and tons of quick thinking, they also had earned a big prize.

A QT Run and Smoke Brake.

25. Form4Master

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, that is a really long post. Sorry about that. Oh and Jon I didn't have your character's name so you are "the scoundrel" and I think I called you smuggler in there a few times. Same on John's Ewok. I'll get it right next time.Sorry, was in a hurry.

On Dice:
    Dice I recommend
    4 good 20's
    2 tens
    3 sixes
    3 fours
    3 eights
    1 12 - I hardly ever remember using a 12 sided too often. I will have to consult the Book of Armaments to see if it really that important.

Or if you want to be cheap
    2 REALLY GOOD 20's
    1 ten
    2 sixes
    1 four
    1 eight
    1 12

Between everyone you really don?t even need your own dice we have a ton between all of us. But they are fun to buy?

Later,

Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.