main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtrooper Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by solo77, May 21, 2014.

1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    So none of the links in the sticky thread seem to work!

Simple question, my sister in law wants me to source a Stormtrooper Costume for my brother's 30th birthday.

Any recommendations on the best places to look/source one?

Cheers

solo77

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I guess that really depends? Are you looking for like a legit set of TK armor or just something cheap to wear to a party? And by "cheap" I mean like are you willing to toss out several hundred dollars or are you thinking cheap cheap?

3. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I want something decent and legit, and am willing to sepnd some proper money, but not stupid money, if you catch my drift.

I've looked at the official site from the guy who actually made the orgininals for the film. His battle armour is about £600, so this is probably a bit steep

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    His price for armor is pretty much what you'll pay for screen accurate GOOD armor.

Rubies armor is the cheapest, least screen accurate, but still better than nothing and that's still going to cost you over $600.

http://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...rd=gpf_49719&gclid=CLnb74Gbxr4CFQhafgodCogAzA

The other thing I can recommend? Contact your local 501st Garrison. They probably can direct you to their best local contacts for armor.

5. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Thanks for this

6. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Check out RS Propmasters in UK. I recently purchased this[​IMG] i couldn't be happier!

Paulgrinny likes this.