main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Stormtroopers, Shoretroopers, Death Troopers, and Hovertank Pilots (Tank Troopers) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by MotherNature's SilverSeed, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

[​IMG] They both have that visor cover block above the lenses, the Hover Tank driver's helmet is obviously brilliant white but I can't tell if the snout is the same.

2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    According to Star Wars Battlefront Iceland was used as a template for Sullust. The "Magma Troopers" wear black pauldrons / epaulettes which would make the guy in the picture some kind of Magma Trooper, I guess. [face_dunno]

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Death troopers are what they're rumored to be called. Gotta throw out all the old EU references.
    Its different. Go check out the sketch on MSW

4. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    weezer

I was referring to the new Battlefront game that came out a few months ago and supposedly is new canon, too. According to the game stormtroopers equipped for volcanic planets wear black pauldrons and are "Magma Troopers".
    Doesn't hold up too well with other nuCanon sources according to which the color of the pauldron is supposed to be a rank indicator (which is my firm belief, too)

5. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Have the black troopers been confirmed to be called Death Troopers? Because it would be cool if they were Phase I Dark Troopers, it would fit with the natural progression to Phase II Dark Trooper and Purge Trooper we've seen in the canon mobile games thus far.[​IMG]

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So, from the trailer, we've got at least three new kinds of troopers.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
  8. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Add the one of Mrs. Jones at the end of the trailer, it's neither compatible with previous TIE pilot flight suits or any of the Death Star gĂșnners. ;)

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Shadow Troopers are Stormtroopers who have cloaking tech and Dark Troopers are Imperial battle droids.

Glor likes this.
  10. zico291

zico291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2016
    The Death Troopers remind me a bit of the Shadow Troopers from Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast:

[​IMG]

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Phase zero Dark Troopers were cyborg clones though. So could the Deathtroopers be something like Vader's very best clone wars veterans from the 501st legion, their aged bodies replaced with cybernetics much like Vader himself.

They do look a lot like this picture of an elite darktrooper
    [​IMG]

Also I think Forrest Whittaker's character wears what looks very similar to phase 3 darktrooper left shoulder armour. He is rumoured to be a cyborg too?

12. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    in this picture the sand trooper in the back is wearing a white sand trooper uniform is this a totally different trooper or is this a white sand trooper?
    [​IMG]

13. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    The personnel in the back are apparently tank drivers. I don't think they therefore qualify as "field troopers" (original production designation for the Tatooine sandtroopers)

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Looks like the scarab troopers are called shoretroopers.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no they're different actually. death and scarab.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shoretrooper. unless they modified them some. scarab looks browner and has different styling. then again i can't remember if above scarab is a mock up or not? maybe they are the same. idk.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Yup.

[​IMG]

Lt. Hija and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  17. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Death Troopers confirmed too.

[​IMG]

18. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    Look at the reflection on the Death Trooper helmet and Shoretrooper visor. These are Photoshops using the helmet leak from several months ago.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I love the idea that Stormtroopers have more costumes than Padme. A helmet for every occasion. "Today you will be patrolling the musical theater section of the city, so put on you Broadway Trooper gear." And out comes the bedazzler.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, and that Death Trooper's armor is not correct, I think. The real one does not look as much like a black version of the regular stormtroopers. But I think this has been discussed here already. Also, it looks like shore troopers are the scarab troopers.

But those names... "shore trooper"? Hmm. I already thought "death trooper" was kind of a silly name, but shore trooper seems odd for some reason. "My terrain of specialty goes from the water's edge to about 100 meters in. That's it." :p

21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That could be how the rebels escape. They cross over the 100 meter line and the troopers are like "oh well might as well let them go"

Hyrum_Solo and EHT like this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That's a job for the Dune Troopers. With their cool quadbikes.

Hyrum_Solo, vncredleader, EHT and 2 others like this.
  23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm gonna guess that they have an "amphibious combat troop" origin. Like "marines." Shoretrooper's just shorthand. I mean, what are Stormtroopers, anyway? Troops that only operate during tempestuous weather events? :)

That said, I can't wait for the Lakesidetroopers and the Jacuzzitroopers.

Avnar, vncredleader and EHT like this.
  24. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

Wait a minute, it seems we've gone from a temperate coniferous forest to a temperate rainforest sorry boys this is a job for them Temperate Rainforest Troopers now.

GregMcP and EHT like this.
  25. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    [​IMG]