main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Stormtroopers, Shoretroopers, Death Troopers, and Hovertank Pilots (Tank Troopers) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by MotherNature's SilverSeed, Feb 7, 2016.

1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, that death trooper was just the body from battlefront. It was done for MSW after Jason described them on the site.

The real ones look soooo much better. DarthMalevonus (Max) had pointed out the visual similarities to real spec ops troops. They've got that layered look from the equipment hanging off them. Look great. Not to mention they've got the gffa equivalent of a smg.

thejeditraitor and EHT like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    So what are the chances in getting Super Articulated figures of these by the film's release? Force Friday or not?

How many months after will we have to wait?

*a few weeks I picked up Kylo Ren, still looking for the Stormtropper and later waves-Rey, Poe, Finn, Phasma

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Rogue One looks like a Stormtrooper fetishists dream.
    I'd they have any sense they'll play that up with the toys.

4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    But are they going to be proper figures? and are they going to be available?

Otherwise the rest is just silly, fair enough if you like them (5POA) but I need to be able to pose them, to hold positions and weapons.

For TFA I thought it will be okay, they understand and guess what they didn't. Same issues.

I'm not getting any hopes up for getting any SA Rogue One toys.

*In other news a SA Ep7 Luke is coming and a 6" Grievous. Both are definite buys. As long as Grievous turns out well and is not a flexible, skimpy skeleton. And I can find them at least, probably next year at any rate, still.

my kind of scum likes this.
  5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Quite impressed with the new variations on the Imperial troops armour. Takes me back to being excited as a kid to see the snowtrooper, AT-AT drivers and biker scout images back in the day.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm still hoping the Death troopers are cyborg clones like the old EU phase zero elite darktroopers. Something that makes them stronger, more accurate, and much more deadly than the regular stormtroopers.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Cyborg clones are just ridiculous and silly.

They don't have a place in the films.

Maybe Droids and some type of "Robo Fives" but the big hulking Cylon type cyborgs are just silly.

I hope Canon never goes down those routes again unless it's CIS derived.
    As much as TFU was fun the big robot models were silly.

[​IMG]

NEVER EVER AGAIN.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

I guess the cyborg known as Darth Vader has no place being in a Star Wars film either. Luke Skywalker with his cybernetic hand too. General Grievous, Lobot and many more. Cyborgs have always been a part of star wars as have clones, there is absolutely no reason why a clone wouldn't be made a cyborg to prolong their usefulness to the empire. Not silly at all in my opinion.

9. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Agreed.

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I thought it was pretty clear he was talking about one example from force unleashed, not clones or cyborg in general.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Well seeing as it was a reply to my post saying that It is my hope that Death troopers are cyborg clones left over from the clone wars, and the first two sentences refer to them in particular, its pretty clear they were talking about them as well as huge mechs.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    New Death Trooper image from this morning's Good Morning America RO video (showing another photo from EW):

[​IMG]

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    thank you very much.

EHT likes this.
  14. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    They look badass!!! Definitely getting me a Hot Toys Death Trooper.

15. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    I'd love a Hot Toys Death Trooper but I don't know if my budget can stretch to that. I'm hoping we'll get a BS version, but you can bet that'll be the toughest toy in the world to get ahold of.

16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Has this design changed...? Specifically the eye area??

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Looks the same to me.

18. rg1fan123

rg1fan123 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2016
    I think each individual trooper may look different.

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think it's just because his head is lowered. Does give us good look at the scope/lasers they have on the side of their head.

Can't wait for the whole ew spread to leak.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

I don't think it has changed, just that it has become clearer that each death trooper armour and helmet are slightly different. You can see in the side on picture too[​IMG]
    The detail on the helmet in the foreground is different to the one in the background, and both are different to the one on Donnie Yen's shelf. The shoulder pieces in this picture look different too, might be how the light is hitting them though. This side on picture is reversed by the way, so the triangular piece on the left of the helmet of the central trooper in the Entertainment picture, is the same as the piece you see on the right side of the trooper helmet in the foreground.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Maybe like the Knights of Ren - They are all different...? (The designs)

22. Count Dood

Count Dood Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    This is interesting but the more I see of this the more it makes no sense.

On one hand you have this little "rogue squad" going in to steal plans for the DS in a guerilla OP, technically not toe to toe with the empire in force.
    But then again we see the empire out in force even sending in their "special" death troopers? And these rogues are going up against that?

Interesting.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Looks like two different designs to me. It's not only the helmets but virtually every piece of armour is different between the Icelandic and Maldives Deathtroopers.

Maybe one design is newer than the other and there's a few years time difference between the scenes?

EDIT - Just did a side-by-side comparison and the non-symmetrical armour pieces are what fooled me into thinking they were two different generations.

24. TJSolo

TJSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2014
    Where were all these elite troopers during the OT? The Empire could have used them.....[face_nail_biting]OCD is kicking in on this new canon.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they probably die in this.