main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends "Strange Truce" L/M & Karrde Crew (Daena's Gift-Fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 10, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "A Strange Truce"

Author: WarmNyota

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Summary: I am stepping in to give @DaenaBenjen42 a belated gift-fic. Hope you enjoy @};-

Their request is under this tag:

Era: Beyond- Legends

Wants...
    1. Verbal sparring between two or more characters.
    2. Intrigue involving a weapon, or incident with a weapon.
    3. A character who needs coffee/caf to stay awake.

I do not want...
    1. As this is Beyond, no references to the ST.
    2. Anyone dying.

Characters preferred: The Crew of the Wild Karrde

Mara was investigating nefarious activities of a Dug and Duros crime duo who were selling knock-up lightsabers.
    They would buzz and hum and spin like tops. They're not youngling playthings! Mara fumed.
    She recalled the lightsaber Luke Skywalker had given her after the Wayland incident. She hadn't known what to make of that whole thing. It had touched her on a deep level. Deeper than she'd care or dare to admit.
    She scowled and made a second cup of caf. She was absolutely not a morning person.

Aves, on the other hand, certainly was way too cheerful.

"Got them run to ground yet?" He asked Mara.

"Simple as anything. We're going to act like buyers for their inventory but after we receive the merchandise, we'll lower the boom on them, destroy their credibility."

"They want to join the Smugglers' Alliance, too. Can't let it get around that we're allying with such idiots! So..." Aves said with feigned casualness. "Gonna bring Master Skywalker in on this?"

"Now why ever would we want or need to do that?"

"Well ... ever since you and he teamed up to spring Karrde and then after you guys worked so well together on Wayland against that crazy C'baoth... figured you were getting tight."

"That's not how I would describe it!" Mara shot back, green eyes sparking with fierce ire. "And if you know what's good for you, you'll drop it!"

Aves laughed. "Mara, you're a bit too insistent there..." He raised an eyebrow.

"Aves ..." Her tone was dangerous, and Aves knew well enough to desist.

After the successful conclusion of the mission, Mara settled in her quarters and wrote up the report.
    Mara got a text message from Karrde saying they were stopping over at Nubia for a refit.
    When they arrived, whom should she see in the spacedock but Luke? It turned out he was there getting a new XJ65, with an astromech slot for his R2 unit and spruced-up weapons and shields.

Mara couldn't suppress a surge of pleasure at seeing him there.

"Didn't know you needed a new starfighter." She observed.

"At the NR's insistence." He told her. "I seem to always wind up in a dogfight."

"Yeah, well, don't expect me to rescue you from any Sarlac pit."

He grinned good-naturedly. "Now did I ask you for anything?"

"It has nothing to do with asking. You just wind up in the middle of situations that you rushed into..."

"Well... and I always thought it was Han who was the trouble magnet."

"Hmm! So when you two are together, it's worse." Mara retorted, and he smiled at her.

"That's what I like about you Jade. You don't put me on any kind of pedestal; you just treat me as 'Luke.'" His tone grew serious. "It's refreshing, to be honest."

Mara blushed at his serious, sincere tone. "Think nothing of it, Skywalker." She said awkwardly. To be honest, he had always treated her as a friend, even when she insisted they were deadly foes! Now that that last command was gone, Mara could admit (even if only in her own heart) how unique the experience was and how grateful she was for it.

They parted soon thereafter with an offhand "see you around".

Mara reflected on this conversation for quite some time after.
    She and Luke had developed a strange kind of truce, which seemed to suit them both just fine.

+++

Kahara, Tarsier and Findswoman like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and that strange kind of truce will lead to ...
    Lovely gift with Mara, Aves, and Luke

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Ohh don't push it with Mara..! [face_laugh]

Nice one! :) Love the banter and interactions between Aves and Luke. I always liked how Mara never put Luke on a pedestal in the old canon. Regardless of the state of their relationship whether they were enemies, friends or married and in love, Mara always kept him grounded. I really miss her in SW books and comics, it's not the same without her in this universe! :_|

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I always love L/M banter.

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I did see this. I did love it. Still love it. **HUGS**!!!!! (Well done!!!!!!)

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the reviews, everyone. L/M is so adorbs, to me, still. :D Never gonna change. ;)

Kahara likes this.