main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Stranger Things] 12 Drabbles of Christmas - Holiday Tropes challenge response

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: 12 Drabbles of Christmas
    Genre: All the fluffiest holiday fluff! [face_batting]
    Characters: Various
    Notes: I don't like Christmas and I don't like winter. But I love fluff and tropes and sappy, cheesy sentimentality so I couldn't resist Bri's Holiday Tropes Challenge. :D

I originally started working on a oneshot for this, but I kind of got stuck deciding between two plotlines. Instead of giving up altogether and wallowing in the 'This sucks and I suck so why bother' pit of despair I'm making myself write something, in this case drabbles. And who knows, maybe it'll help clear up the other fic too!

I'm going for 12 drabbles here, anyway, although I don't know how many I'll actually get done. I plan to post whatever I get written 'advent calendar' style - one per day, behind spoiler tags so it's a surprise! But don't worry, not too much of a surprise, I'll still put prompt/characters/pairings with each one. :p

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy! :)

Index

Drabble #1
    Drabble #2

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003

Prompt:
    3. Snowball fight (Random Winter/Holiday Elements)
    Characters: Nancy, Barb, Mike
    Timeframe: Sometime before S1
    Notes: This was the first one that popped into my head, and it's kind of inspired by Nancy's reaction when Mike steals arcade money from her piggy bank in S2. I love siblings being siblings! Enjoy. :D

The snowball splattered across Nancy's jacket.

"Mike!" she shrieked, and glared at her little brother and his friends.

Barb brushed some snow off Nancy's shoulder. "Their aim's getting better."

"Yeah." Nancy passed her book bag to Barb. "Hold this for a second."

She bent down and packed some snow into a neat ball. The boys' laughter turned to shouts and a scramble to get away as she straightened up and took aim.

Her snowball hit Mike right in the back of his head, spilling down into his coat.

Satisfied, she dusted off her gloves and took her bag from Barb.

brodiew likes this.
  3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent #1. Foreshadows Nancy's aptitude as a fighter. Unflinching and accurate. [face_cowboy] :p

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I will totally enjoy these!! These tropes are so for a reason, [face_mischief] I love the lighthearted just being siblings feels.

amidalachick and brodiew like this.
  5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @brodiew Yep! She takes no prisoners. :p Thank you so much for reading and for your comments!

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I know, I love these tropes so much! :D Thank you so much for reading and your sweet comments!

Thank you again, it really means a lot to me. [:D]

Prompt: 9. Gifts (Random Winter/Holiday Elements)
    Characters: El
    Notes: I needed a break from working on some other fics, and this popped into my head. As always, this is fluff set in a happy post-S3 future because I'm predictable like that. :p Hope you enjoy!

There's a pile of colorfully wrapped presents under the tree.

Several have her name on them.

She shakes the biggest box. She promised she wouldn't look, but shaking isn't looking.

She sets it down and reaches for the one labelled Mike, set aside with the other gifts for their friends.

Jonathan helped her wrap her presents for Joyce and Hopper, and for Mike and Max and Billy and Will, but she picked them out all by herself.

Thinking of how happy everyone will be when they see what she got them is just as exciting as unwrapping her own presents.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    brodiew likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I really love El basking in the giddy anticipation ... it's nice that she can just be a "kid". @};-

amidalachick likes this.
  7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    One of the things I love about El is seeing her or reading about her experiencing things for the first time, things we take for granted. I can just see the big grin on her face as she shakes presents and waits to see her friend's faces as they open what she got for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.