main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strictly Ballroom - The Official Fan Fiction Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JadeSolo, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Spiderman is my second favorite superhero, right behind Superman. 'With great power comes great responsibility.'

And Ish, there's several more levels to go before you see the treatise...

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    but Batman can whoop upon both of them....

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Spiderman I can deal with... he doesn't have 8 legs and he doesn't bite people! The spider who bit spiderman on the other hand... ick!
    In fact, I don't watch that whole scene in the movie... I'm like a little kid hiding my eyes behind my hands and asking if it's over!

I think it would be safe to say I'm arachniphobic!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Only if SPiderman's 99.9 % dead and Superman's been riddled with a TOmmy gun's worth of Kryptonite bullets...

Fact about Spiderman. He fights below his power level. He holds back something fierce.

5. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Hey, I almost fainted watching ROTK in the theater when Shelob first came into view.

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, I think you could say that.

I always get bit by those stupid things and then I have all this swollen bumps. I don't have a phobia of spiders, I'm mainly annoyed by them. :p

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah... I was so glad I knew that was coming! I don't think my fellow movie goers would have liked hearing me scream in the middle of the movie!
    I hid in my fiance's arm!

I did the same thing in HP and the Chamber of Secrets.

I didn't always have a phobia of spiders, but after a friend had to have part of her calf removed from a brown reculse bite, they really started to scare me!

Ok, now I've got the heebie geebies and I feel like they're crawling on me! [face_worried]:_|

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Has Ish left for the Day?!?!? I just posted the response in Before!

9. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    for me it is snakes.. I can handles the spiders, but I don't even visit reptile houses well

10. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I hate earwigs, I really, really hate them. They freak me out more then anything in this world. I think it was because my uncle used to tell me they'd crawl into my ears and eat my brain.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    minor detail rk, bats has indeed beat superman several times, wacky as that is. everytime they've fought batman has come out victorious.

12. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I knew it was coming, and I still almost fainted. My ex-girlfriend talked me into seeing Chamber of Secrets when it came out on DVD, and I was whimpering in her arms for fifteen minutes. She returned the favor during the Basilisk fight, though.

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm here for 30 more seconds and will read tonight! I promise!

14. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    OK, there's a mental image I didn't need.... :eek:

When Arachnophobia came out I made the mistake of going to see it with a couple of my guy friends, because my husband was out of town on business. During one of those horrible creepy moments when you're freaking out anyway because you know the spider is going to get the drop on Jeff Daniels at any moment, my friend Paul grabbed my arm and I screamed so loud the whole theater started laughing. :eek: [face_blush]

Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of spiders. Rats, lizards, snakes...no problem.

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Unfortunately... yeah. Just dump the two into an arena and have Supes go at it full-bore and Bats is a greasy stain.

I dunno. I just don't like Batman being on the same level as Superman like that. As an icon? Yeah, but he shouldn't be able to stand against him, much less beat him. Prep and kryptonite or not.

17. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I was thinking again about a new title for this thread...

How about... the watercooler?

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Somethign with Huey Lewis and the News? I love that band,

19. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    or the stomping grounds?

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you're right, he shouldn't. be he always has some kryptonite on him just in case. a lead lined pocket on that belt of his. he shouldn't be able to beat supes on such a consistent basis though. *shrugs* people just like bats more. the lone reason he can beat supes is because he's evidently smarter.

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I hate bugs. They drive me nuts. I can't touch them. Or spiders, or snakes . . .

22. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

The Newstand/The Park Bench/Coruscant's Cafe . . . Yoda's Hut (now I'm thinking of Pizza Hutt, which is making me hungry)

I remember when we were coming up with names for The Falcon's Lounge we had a bunch of good ones.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Those were some good times, Leah. I remember those... *Striker gets all wavy as he goes into flashback mode*

24. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

:_| She was a good social thread . . . who's life was cut short :_|

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I miss the Fortress version 2 the most. That's where I initially came out of my shell and began interacting with more people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.