main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Strong black vine" (SW Summer Olympics Decathlon stories)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jun 14, 2021.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, girls, @gizkaspice & @Kahara, right now we are at a different point of time again. The Olympic challenge made me.

Title:Moon hunt” (Fantastical Fencing, Star Wars Decathlon)

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-editor and muse: @DarthUncle

Main beta editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Length: at least 100 words, but definitely more

Summary: The Ewok religion is guided by a deep faith in supernatural forces. Those forces link all other living beings to one another, to nature. Evil is understood to be the result of a disharmony with nature. When the Galactic Empire came to Endor, the balance was threatened. Now it seems restored. Or is it not?

Time frame: 4 ABY

Places of choice: Endor

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Feel the sweat break on my brow
    Is it me or is it shadows that are
    Dancing on the walls
    Is this a dream or is it now?
    Is this a vision or normality I see before my eyes

I wonder why, I wonder how
    That it seems the powers getting stronger every day
    I feel a strength an inner fire
    But I'm scared I won't be able to control it any more

There's a time to live and a time to die
    When it's time to meet the maker
    There's a time to live but isn't it strange
    That as soon as you're born you're dying

Just by looking through your eyes
    He could see the future penetrating right
    In through your mind
    See the truth and see your lies
    But for all his power couldn't foresee his own demise

I fell reborn again

Teebo licked his lips, before he took a nice, deep breath. Then he blew strongly into the mouthpiece of his sacred horn. Other horns answered his call.

All around the Bright Tree Village bonfires were lit. Not only on the platforms but on the forest ground as well. Horns were blown from various directions.

The message that the tall warrior had sent out to the neighbouring tribes last night had been very, very clear. It had read:

Tomorrow we fight to save our forest and bring down the cold metal moon. Our new golden god has shown us how. Join us and we will be free again.”

And due to these honest words, they all had come to fight. The Panshee Tribe, the Gondula and so many more.

The forest had trembled and even the sky had been torn apart in a mighty explosion.

In the end though freedom had been reclaimed.

Of course, there had been dire losses. Countless warriors had fallen. Not only Ewoks, but their friends from other stars, too. Precious plant life had also been destroyed by the laser fire of the enemy. Not a single sacrifice would be forgotten. The souls of the Ewoks who were no more, would live on in the trees, in the land itself. And the land would heal. It always did.

As an apprentice of Logray, the village shaman, Teebo understood about the necessity of blood sacrifice. But it did not mean that he fully accepted it. Of late this had developed into a huge strain between him and his master. Things had gotten worse since the arrival of the golden god and his companions.

Ee chee wa maa! Kush drojh, lurdo? Coatee-cha tu yub nub.” Rather unceremoniously, Leektar poked into his left side. Wow, gee whiz! What's going on, loser? Celebrate the freedom.

His old comrade from the Red Bush Grove was right. This was not the time to brood about Logray and the darkness growing within the honoured elder.

Teebo attached the Sacred Horn of the Soul Trees back to his belt.

Cackling, Leektar threw something towards him.

Teeha!” he said to his friend when catching the pair of drum sticks. “Thanks!”

Together the two Ewoks started playing the holy ceremonial drums.

Soon, the song of joy filled the village, the groove nearby and many parts of the forest.

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub
    Toe meet toe pee chee keene
    G'noop dock fling oh ah.
    Yah wah, eee chop yah wah,
    Toe meet toe pee chee keene,
    G'noop dock fling oh ah.
    Coat ee chah tu yub nub,
    Coat ee chah tu yah wah,
    Coat ee chah tu glo wah.
    Allay loo ta nuv
    Glo wah, eee chop glo wah,
    Ya glo wah pee chu nee foam,
    Ah toot dee awe goon goon daa.
    Coat ee cha tu goo; Yub nub!
    Coat ee cha tu doo; Yah wah!
    Coat ee cha tu too; ya chaa!
    Allay loo tu nuv.
    Allay loo tu nuv.
    Allay loo tu nuv.
    Glo wah, eee chop glo wah.
    Ya glow wah pee chu nee foam,
    Ah toot dee awe goon daa.
    Allay loo tu nuv.”

The song swelled, carried on by the mild night air.

Freedom, we got freedom,
    And now that we can be free,
    C'mon and celebrate.
    Power, we got power,
    C'mon and celebrate.
    Celebrate the freedom.
    Celebrate the power.
    Celebrate the glory.
    Celebrate the love.
    Power, we got power,
    It's time to celebrate.
    Celebrate the light; Freedom!
    Celebrate the might; Power!
    Celebrate the fight; Glory!
    Celebrate the love.
    Celebrate the love.
    Celebrate the love.
    Glory, we found glory.
    The power showed us the light,
    And now we all live free.
    Celebrate the love.

A sudden gust of wind blew through the Bright Tree Village. It brought the colourful promise of autumn with it.

Driven by instinct, Teebo stopped playing the drums. He reached out with his right paw and caught one of the leaves. It belonged to a Gemmwood tree. A prayer was on his lips immediately. It was in memory of the dead.

O Tree, our Father, old as moons,
    Listen to our plea.
    Lead our spirits when we meet
    Our deadly enemy.”

The tall Ewok warrior was about to let go of the leaf again, when he saw that the bite of winter had dug its ice teeth deep into the surface.

More leaves swirled around him like garlands.

A bodiless voice sang.

Ay ay ay ya
    Ay ay ya…”

Teebo closed his eyes, listening to the drum beat of his own heart, blending out everything else. Teasingly, the North wind brushed through his fur.

As a wokling he had been able to hear colours as rivers moving past him. Right now forget-me-not flowers were singing a tune with the sound of lightness, of pulsating energy.

Violet and yellow-brown, or better to say gold.

Something tugged at his soul. A pull that he had last felt in the presence of the Sunstar.

Puzzled, his eye lids went wide open. But he did not gaze at the legendary gem stone, that had been destroyed almost a year ago. Instead, he was faced with a human, a female like Leia. She looked slightly lost between the other warriors of her kind.

Yahwa!” he muttered. Power!

In the crowd he lost her for a while, but when he finally caught up with her, she was in deep conversation with a human male with blond hair. Not only did he look stern, but very dangerous.

Teebo weighed the odds. It would not be wise to peruse her. Not now anyway. The night was still young.

Soundlessly, his paws moved over the wooden plants. The grace of a hunter was as much with Teebo as the Force itself. With no particular haste he looked around in the guest hut. Outside drunken Ewoks snored in each other's arms or held on to allies. He had better to do.

Shadows of the open hearth danced over the walls, forming strange figures.

He looked closer.

One had a broad upper torso, long and hairy arms, but comparatively hind legs. Three-fingered claws and a furry back were also to be seen.

Another monster had elegant wigs, but the rest of it looked more like a feline.

A third one was an avian. A convor, to be precise.

It was not unheard of that an Ewok was connected with three different animal totems instead of one. Totem animals that would accompany him or her through life, acting as guides from the spirit world.

The human female in front of him was really, really powerful.

The shaman apprentice stopped walking, his face now an inch away from the dreamer's. She lay perfectly still underneath her furs. Her eyes were shut and her hands curled into tight fists. Salt like crystals were on her cheeks. Dried tears.

Teebo was fascinated.

Who would have believed that the Sunstar-Shadowstone was ever to come back to the Bright Tree Village? In form of a sentient being.

Suddenly, the human female reached out for him and pressed him against her with unexpected strength.

Teebo knew better than to move. It seemed he was part of the cuddly orgy after all.

Sources:
    The song “The Clairvoyant” by Iron Maiden (1988)
    The website www.completewermosguide.com
    The song “Yub nub/ Ewok celebration” by John Williams for the movie “Star Wars, Episode 6: The Return of the Jedi” (1983), lyrics written by ILM sound designer Ben Burtt
    Lines from the song “Listen with your heart” by Linda Hunt for the Disney movie “Pocahontas” (1995)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Hidden quotes from SW movies and the SW universe

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Kahara and gizkaspice like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful Olympics entry =D=

gizkaspice, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great entry with the Ewoks

4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Fantastic entry with the Ewoks! I love how you even included the Return of the Jedi Ewok celebration song :D

5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Teebo! :D Very interesting to see the post-Endor celebrations through his eyes. They made it through, but there are still more concerns now that the dust is beginning to settle. Whatever is going on with Logray is concerning, especially given that Cassie seems to be unconsciously sending out a beacon in the Force. That she seems like the Sunstar/Shadowstone makes a lot of sense for this point in her life; she's got a strong attraction in both directions. [face_thinking]

Jedi Knight Fett and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks! I have another one coming up!

@earlybird-obi-wan: Kind of you to say that, dear bird.

@gizkaspice: I am a SW fan since 1983. Of course I had to look it up online.

@Kahara: I could not resist merging the SW universe with Disney lore of the "Tangled" series. I already did so earlier when I had Qui-Gon teach some of the incantations of Rapunzel to Cassandra. But yeah, our feisty heroine carries the light and the dark in her. Which makes her more human right?

Title: “Lost place” (200 Freestyle, Star Wars Decathlon)

Length: cut down to 200 words in the second go

Summary: It's the morning after the Battle of Endor. The Alliance to Restore the Republic had much to celebrate. But not everybody is happy.

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Beyond the trees
    Nature's reign is ending
    Children unattended
    Freeze
    Beyond the trees
    The world is so much colder
    Dreams turn into soldiers
    And bleed
    The earth is turning
    Kings are burning
    The missions down
    To the ground
    As time passes
    Cold bastards
    Frighten me
    Beyond the trees
    Beyond the trees
    Beauty's lost in boundary
    Insanity surrounds me
    Here
    Beyond the trees
    If there is disaster
    Is there something after
    For me
    The earth is turnin'
    Kings are burnin'
    The missions down
    To the ground
    As time passes
    Cold bastards
    Frighten me
    Beyond the trees

The funeral pyre has been erected in the middle of a forest clearing. Some of embers are still glowing, when I walk closer.

The Naboo believe that a corpse has to be cremated within two days time in order to return the deceased's spirit to the planet and to become one with the circle of life again.

“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,” I breathe.

Luke Skywalker, hero of the Rebellion, knows nothing of his mother's Naboo origin. I am sure of it. There was no time to speak about such essential things with his father. And now it's too late to fill in the blanks. I certainly will won't. I am too busy with my own survival. The lists of my adversaries is countless. These days I walk among them, hiding in plain sight.

A tears smart out of my eyes.

“I should rejoice for you, cousin, I know,” I say, my voice trembling. “You are one with the Force now, but still… freck you!”

His timing has been horrible.

I sink on my knees, gazing at the molten mess that was once his Sith armour. My eyes cannot help to gaze at the macabre leftovers of his helmet.

Sources:
    The song “Beyond the trees” by Doro Pesch (1989)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super 'missing scene'

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    walking among the rebels and paying respect to Anakin. Sure she should have done that

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Here is where most of the text of the original "Lost place" fanfic went:

Title:
    “Blackbird” (Prime Time Coverage, Star Wars Decathlon)

Length: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement

Summary: My OC Cassandra Krennic wakes up after an uneasy night on the forest moon of Endor and is faced with a strange situation straight on. And her day is just starting.

There must be some kind of way outta here
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief

Business men, they drink my wine
    Plowmen dig my earth
    None will level on the line
    Nobody offered his word
    Hey, hey

No reason to get excited
    The thief, he kindly spoke
    There are many here among us
    Who feel that life is but a joke
    But, uh, but you and I, we've been through that
    And this is not our fate
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late, hey

Hey

All along the watchtower
    Princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went
    Barefoot servants, too
    Well, uh, outside in the cold distance
    A wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching
    And the wind began to howl, hey

All along the watchtower

All along the watchtower

The vision is full of violence and hatred. Why it came to me, I cannot say. I never can. The Force is with me no matter whether I can it or not. Orson Krennic may have raised me, but my natural father is still a Jedi knight. Long gone perhaps, but his herritage whispers like black rain in my veins.

The face of the elderly man is not human any more, when he roars out in triumph,“Power!”

Force lightning sizzels through the air and straight into his attacker, a tall, bold man with dark skin.

“Unlimited Power!” the dotard spits out.

Startled, I wake up with a snoring fur ball in my arms.

“What the…?” I say so exhausted that I hardly can get the words out.

The being is one of the locals, an Ewok about 1, 3 metres high. It has soft black fur with grey stripes and smells of pine needles.

There is worse, I suppose.

There is muffled protest when I let go of him, but he sleeps on, leaned against my bed.

Not much later, with my braids redone and some water sprinkled on my face, I take off into the forest, tiptoeing around more snoring furballs. There are also open field flasks, ceramic beakers and passed out rebels.

I find this lack of military discipline disturbing. Sure, the Rebel Alliance has won. But this here has no dignity. The air is heavy with the scent of log fire, puke, alcohol and pyrotechnic articles.

My lips curl.

Of course, neither my father nor his best friends have been saints during barbie evenings on Chandrila, but they at least had known when to behave. Especially when Cornelia Veers had been alive.

Thinking about the woman who almost had been my mother-in-law softens me.

Only the good die young. All the evil seems to live forever. Such as the Emperor had. History had taught me, that most Sith had developed an unhealthy relationship with mortality.

I reach out in the Force. “Please, let me find the place where your amour rests, dear cousin.”

The incantation of hope comes automatically. Every world of it is just as Qui-Gon has taught me on Lothal so many years ago.

“Power of the sun
    Gift me with your light
    Shine into the dark
    Restore our fading sight
    Rise into the dawn
    Blazing star so bright
    Burn away the strife
    Let my hope ignite
    Let hope ignite”

Right now, I wish I had a light saber to ignite. But then again, I am neither a real Sith nor a Jedi knight. I am more of a book worm, despite my harsh training as the daughter of an Imperial officer and gentleman. But books are not the right weapon in a face-to-face combat. Even though they can cause profound damage here and there.

Soon, I find some fog between the trees, but it promptly disappears after a while. What a tease!

I hike further, and find more shifting fog, but that doesn’t last long either. That’s the way it goes with fog: it moves and shifts in unpredictable ways, so it can disappear at any time.

By now the sun was high enough to penetrate down into the forest, and I witness a gorgeous sunbeam radiating through the trees.

This must be the place!

My heart has been my compass as usual.

Bracing myself, I step out of the undergrowth, my fingers like a vice around the flower bouquet that I picked on the way.

While I still pay respect to the ashes of my blood cousin, a hand comes down on my shoulder and a too familiar voice slurrs, “Never, ever let your guard down!”

“Beats me,” I say and if my god father hears the dry tone in my voice, he does not react to it.

“Are you some kind of crazy person?” Alexandre Kallus goes on scolding me. “You have both the Empire and the Alliance on your heels. And yet you have a morning walk on this moon like nothing has happened?”

“I am here to pay my last respects,” I answer quietly, almost demure.

“Too bad.” His face is a mask of indifference, yet his eyes speak a different story. “The dead are best left behind in a war.”

“This is why your Ghost crew did not even try to save Caleb Dume during the Attack on Lothal?” I lash out at him.

My words have the power of a thermal detonator, but his military discipline kicks in straight away. He hold himself even more upright than before. “Like your unfortunate cousin here Kanan was a Jedi knight. Noble and generous. He did sacrifice himself for his crew.”

All of a sudden I feel ashamed of my harsh comment, but I cannot take it back. Not now, not ever.

“Has it occurred to you that it must have costed your cousin a lot of strength to let you go? And this is how you repay him?” he stands with his arms crossed above his chest, his gaze stern. “With Krennic sarcasm? And getting yourself into possible trouble. After all his sacrifices? I don't think so!”

I eye him carefully. “But his ashes…”

“Are no concern of yours.”

I get a tight feeling in my chest, bitterness for sure.

My godfather frowns at me, obviously just getting started. “They should rest right here where his son freed him from his broken body.” He pauses. “I can't believe that I am the one saying this, but he is one with the Force now.”

Him saying this is so weird. He sounds like a Jedi lover. Daddy would not be too pleased with him. I am not sure if I am right now. “One with the Force?” I echo.

“And there is proof.” A little triumphant tone swings in his voice. “I found no bone fragments in the ashes. Nothing whatsoever. In a funeral pyre like this, there usually…”

“Wait, you disturbed the peace of this place?” I throw in, angry and incredulous.

“I am a former ISB agent. Of course, I investigate my environment straight away.” He does not seem to mind. “To you he was Anakin Skywalker, but to the rest of the galaxy he will always be Darth Vader. A cyborg menace enforcing the Empire's military expansion.”

A thought strikes me. “So you made sure, that he was really dead.”

There is no denial. “I did. First. There was more though. Much more. I could not help but to realize the true miracle at work here. Vader is physically gone. Only his armour remains. That can only mean one thing: he must have become one with the Force. He must have been forgiven all his despicable crimes.”

I am angry because half of me wants to respond to that.

“You have no time for sorrows, Cassandra.” My god father gives me a shy hug. “We should really be back before everybody wakes up at the Ewok village.”

In lack of words, I only grunt like a Gamorrean.

“You are Margo, remember?” he says suddenly.

“I am not that stupid,” I get out between clenched teeth.

His side glance says it all. “Calrissian buys a lot from a pretty lady, but somebody like Leia is super cautious.”

I wish there was a way to shut my god father up, because he babbles all the way towards the Bright Tree Village.

Sources:
    The song “All along the watchtower” by Jimmy Hendrix (1968)
    The Sundrop Flower Spell “Hope” from the Walt Disney series “Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure” (2017 - 2020/21)

Kahara likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A great missing extra moment during the time on Endor

Kahara likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kahara likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the missing moment on Endor

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “Good-bye, cousin” (Water Polo, Star Wars Decathlon)

Length:
    • A haiku is composed of only 3 lines.
    • There are no more than 17 syllables.
    Summary: Alexandre Kallus managed to destroy the following flimsi note before anybody else was able to set eyes on it. It read:

A funeral pyre

Between the forest trees

You found rest

Place of choice: the forest moon of Endor

Kahara likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely water polo entry ;)

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “Once upon a time...”, AU Archery

Length: AU archery

Summary: In a galaxy far, far away the clocks work differently and there are always rainbows. At least there should be.

Time frame: once upon a time

Place of choice: AU

Further reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night
    Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
    Go to sleep, everything is alright

I close my eyes then I drift away
    Into the magic night, I softly say
    A silent prayer like dreamers do
    Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you
    In dreams I talk to you
    In dreams you're mine all of the time
    We're together in dreams, in dreams

But just before the dawn
    I awake and find you gone
    I can't help it
    I can't help it
    If I cry
    I remember that you said goodbye

It's too bad that all these things
    Can only happen in my dreams
    Only in dreams
    In beautiful dreams

The little girl was tired after a day out. They had spent it at the nearby lake. Everybody had been there.

Her father, Orson, who was a celebrated architect of many social housing projects throughout the land.

Her godfather, Alexandre. He had arrived with members of the fair trade community he lived in such as Hera, her husband Caleb, their young ward Ezra and a lot of folk they had befriended during their travels in exotic countries.

Her great-uncle Sheeve, a famous chef and owner of a race team. For this special occasion, Cassandra's ninth birthday, Anakin had come along. He had been adopted by the old man rather late in life, but was not less loved. As a racer, “Cousin Ani”, shared the thrill of the race track with his dad..

Anakin had decided to show up with his Padmé, a famous social rights lawyer. But Cassandra was more thrilled about catching up with the twins, Luke and Leia, who were about her age.

An old study pal of her father, a man named Galen, was also enjoying himself immensely, while his wife Lyra and his daughter Jyn were swimming.

Jazz music had filled the summer air for hours.

Sources:
    The song “In dreams” by Roy Orbison (1964)

Kahara likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love this! :cool:

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A little poem and a very nice AU where all are friends. lovely

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kahara likes this.
  23. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Love it, so simple and bittersweet. @};-

(“Blackbird”)

Though he may be right in the practicalities, Kallus fails to realize that saying goodbye was a necessary part of Cassie's ability to cope with what comes next. It's good that she at least has someone who actually knows her around for the time being. At least I hope that it'll be a good thing for her in the long run.

(“Once upon a time...”)

Somehow I feel like this is the alternate universe Cassie subconsciously (?) wishes for -- one where so many people from all her lives are together and happy and not trying to terrorize the galaxy.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Kahara: Thanks for reading AND commenting! I love your crystal clear comments, uncovering exactly what I was aiming for. I still have not recovered my muse, but it felt good to finally go back to the boards and bump straight into this post here. You are wonderful!