main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Stronger Than Death- Qui/Obi/Ani - AOTC -AU-

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A/N: This little plot bunny escaped from red_rose_knight and ambled into my garden. So the blame for this one rests over there! Look above and you'll see the guilty party's name. There will be more, this is just the start...it will get even stranger.

Title: Stronger Than Death
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker
    Time Period: Just prior to the Clone Wars
    Genre: drama and it is completely AU, I mean REALLY AU!

Stronger Than Death

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge, that myth is more potent than history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts, that hope always triumphs over experience, that laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
    --From the movie The Crow

He came to consciousness and wondered why he didn?t hurt. He was sure there had been an injury, although at the moment he could not remember where he had been injured or how. He frowned without opening his eyes. Perhaps he was still in a healing trance and that is why he felt no pain. Maybe he was in the midst of a very odd and realistic dream. He let himself drift away into the comforting fog once more. It didn?t really matter?

Sometime later, he had no way of telling how long, he began to rise out of the murky haze once more. He didn?t want to leave the haze; in fact he fought against it. But there was a voice calling out to him and it would not cease in its efforts to gain his attention. He still held onto the tranquility that surrounded him, grasping it firmly and with growing desperation. But the voice still persisted. With a sigh of resignation, he let go of the peace he yearned for and let himself drift toward the voice.

It seemed to him that he fell a long distance but then landed only with a gentle thud. Where had he landed? It almost felt as if he had landed in his own body, but that was absurd. He didn?t open his eyes yet, but tried to get a feel for his surroundings with his other senses. He smelled?he smelled jasmine and freshly cut shiinta grass, his two favorite scents in the universe. He didn?t hear much beyond a gentle breeze blowing through some leaves and what sounded like the soft movements of wings. Large wings from the sound of it. There was a faint sound of chimes, alluring and barely there, more a suggestion than a sound. Wait?there it was - the voice!

He slowly opened his eyes and looked up. There was a beautiful face peering down at him. Her eyes were dark and large, compassion glowing in their depths. The smile curving the perfect lips was gentle and encouraging. He saw her hand beckon him, leading him to sit up and observe his surroundings. He sat up slowly; he felt as if he had slept for days.

He looked at her and smiled, he couldn?t help it. She answered him with a smile of her own and tilted her head to side as she studied him.

?How are you feeling?? her voice was rich and deep and made one think of sumptuous velvet running along one?s skin. It conjured up images of smoky fires and flowers in full bloom, bursting with ripe colors. A man could fall in love with this woman simply by hearing her voice. How odd to think such a thing?

He patted his chest and abdomen, searching for what he did not know, but seeking it nonetheless. She smiled at him once more, and gently stopped the motion of his hands. ?Your wound is gone, brave one.? She touched his face with her elegant hand with great tenderness. ?We?ve? healed you, given you form. You have much work to do and we need your help.?

His mind did not let him ponder her puzzling words. He felt almost as if a voice whispered in his ear that her words didn?t matter, there was no reason to fear. Accept?accept?believe?

He looked at her and knew that she was a creature of the peace he had released when he answered her call. He reached out and caressed her face in return and smiled when she allowed the touch. Her skin was as dark as undiluted caf and as smooth as shimmersilk. The blazing warmth of her flesh was almost p

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Oooh, I like this start. Very nice. Yup, Qui, you have some work to do! I loved the angels of Iego.

Eagerly waiting for the next posty. :D

I am so glad this evil plot bunny found a good home. I have plenty more where that came from.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh this is goooooooooooood! Great start!!!! So it is Qui then? Sweeeeeet! Always pondered on the Angels of Iego ;) Can't wait for more! :D :D Loved the descriptions and aura of the gals! ;)

4. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Yay, a post up already! Great start, the angels of Iego was a great touch - I wonder how much Qui-Gon will remember of his life? Can't wait to read more :)

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Ooooohh! Nicely done! Wonderful details. Awwww.... Qui-Gon is back. I love Qui-Gon. Wonderful work! I really look forward to more!

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    First of all WOW!

I love things that are spiritual in nature and your description and imagery were beautiful. I could feel the peace. :)

I also liked the quote you started the story with. I have not seen it before, but it is a good one and I need to make a note of it.

I can't wait to see where you take this story. :)

~ Jedikma :)

7. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    I saw this one in the PB thread, and I was desperately hoping someone would take it. Great start!

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oooh! I like it! *eagerly awaits more*

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Incredible start - I love how you left it vague if it's Obi-Wan or Anakin who needs him. That should be one hell of a reunion. :)

Glad you took this on!

Shaindl

10. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, wow! Really cool beginning. I love the quote at the beginning, and all the descriptions, and the mysterious atmosphere. I can't wait to see where this goes. :)

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Good Lord woman! Do you ever sleep? :D Wonderful beginning! I can't believe you started it already. Look forward to more. :)

12. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Beautiful use of language. I could picture everything he saw, even the smells were real. Great job, and now what will Qui-Gon do and who will he help? I guess only YOU know.

13. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Wow! =D= It was absolutely beautiful! I can not wait to see where this goes!

14. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Wonderful!

Can't wait for the next post, that was beautiful! ~M [face_good_luck]

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Ohh! This is going to be good!

16. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Amazing and beautiful, it almost seemed like a poem or the beginning of an old epic tale. I can't wait to see what happens next.

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, I loved how you started this - very otherworldly and ethereal. And the tie-in with the angels of Iago was a really nice touch. I'm looking forward to seeing where you are going to take this and especially who is the one who needs Qui-Gon Jinn....

Lovely. Great job.

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good work. I like how the story started quite mysteriously and Qui-Gon slowly started to regain consciousness and become aware of his surrounding.

Her lips curved up with gentle pride. ?You are on a moon of Iego.? ..I like how you brought in this concept into the tale.

19. solojones

solojones Winner, JCC Two Truths & A Lie star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh VaderLVR64, this is a wonderful and very interesting start! I was itching to know what was going on, and then when they said 'he' was on Iego, I immediately made the connection with the angels. Really, really great way to work that concept in. And then when it finally got to the last bit and revealed that it was Qui-Gon (I should have known!)... well, I can tell this is going to be a really interesting story. Lots of potential here. Keep it up! :D

[hl=darkgreen]-sj loves kevin spacey[/hl]

20. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I would guess since its prior to the CW its Anakin, Obi-Wan is already a great and respected Jedi, he has already become his generations Qui-Gon.

At least i hope its Anakin, him being my fav character.

Looking forwards to how this turns out :)

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 2 ?Hour of Need?

Angels do find us in our hour of need.
    --Amy Huffman

Qui-Gon stood with Birdsong under the shimmering tree. She sat down easily on the ground under the silver leaves and indicated for him to join her. After a moment?s hesitation he sat down as well.

?Shouldn?t we be going?? he asked, anxious to begin his mission.

Birdsong laughed easily. ?We have time enough to have a chat, Qui-Gon. Sit and relax while you can.?

Qui-Gon looked at her quizzically. ?So, who are you??

She threw him a glance of exasperation. ?I already told you, I am called Birdsong.?

He sighed. ?No, I mean who and what are you?? He turned his head to look out at the orchard that was in a sloping valley beneath them.

Birdsong examined his noble features, the strong nose, the soft but masculine lips, the brow that spoke of intelligence, and the eyes which reflected respect and compassion for all living things. He was a wise choice, their only choice really. If anyone could make this mission succeed it would be this proud and capable man who sat beside her.

She put a gentle hand on his arm, drawing his attention her way once more. ?I am an angel, as is Siatra.?

Qui-Gon snorted in disbelief, skepticism settling upon his face. ?I don?t believe in angels,? he announced quite firmly.

Her laughter rose up and tickled the leaves above them. The sound of flutes grew louder as if the leaves shared her amusement. ?Oh bless you, Qui-Gon. I had forgotten your delightful sense of humor!? She shook her head. ?Just because you do not believe in us does not mean that we do not exist.?

?Angels are merely creatures of myth in stories told to children at night.? His eyes were once more focused on the valley below, watching the shimmering silver leaves dance in the breeze. The faint music of their movement drifted up to him, filling him with a sense of peace.

She nodded easily and shrugged, as if his words made no difference to her. ?If you say so, Master Jinn.?

He turned toward her once more. ?Well, if you are an angel perhaps you can tell me how I came to be here?? He paused. ?The last thing I remember?? He stopped abruptly. What was the last thing he remembered? He remembered seeing Obi-Wan above him, crying and touching his face. Why had Obi-Wan been crying? Then he felt a swift stab of pain and his hand dropped down to his belly once more. His eyes flew up to meet Birdsong?s gaze.

Her eyes were sad and she nodded at the question in his eyes. ?So, I?m dead then?? Immediately she shook her head.

?No, you are no longer dead.? She reached out once more and placed a warm hand over his. ?You were dead; you?ve been dead for quite a while as a matter of fact. But now you live.?

She seemed to feel that this explanation was adequate and should have addressed all the questions roaring through his mind.

?How is it that I live once more, angel??

?Ah, so I AM an angel now, am I?? Her voice sang with suppressed laughter.

?If you want to call yourself an angel, I shall indulge you. Now, please answer my question.? His voice was low and patient, a tone his apprentice would have recognized easily.

?We needed you, so we brought you back. We gave you form once more so that you could do your job and help those who need you.? She shrugged, the question answered fully in her mind.

?What do you mean, you gave me form? What happened to my old form?? His voice was indignant.

?Well, you look the same, so what are you worried about?? She was genuinely puzzled at his distress.

?What happened to my old form?? He persisted.

?I think they burned it, I?m not really sure.? Her shoulders lifted in a gesture of dismissal. She stopped and looked at him as if in doubt of his sanity. ?Surely you wouldn?t want that one back? It had a hole in it and would stink quite badly.? She gave a delicate shudder of distaste. ?Although I guess by now it would merely be clanking bones, which is not much better than a putrid mess if you ask me.?

Qui-Gon gritted his teeth and tried

22. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Very good start, VaderLVR64. I surely will follow this story. Also wonder who it is needing Qui-Gon's help. And I hope that it's Obi-Wan and not Obi-Wan at once. He certainly needed Qui-Gon, and some hurt is still left in him. But, on the other hand, he is old enough to take care of himself.

Anyway, it's up to you who it's going to be. Maybe it's Dooku, after all. ;)

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved that chapter. I can just imagine that poor angel having to play 20 questions with Qui-Gon. But, I can definitely understand his confusion.

More soon, please! :)

24. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    You express everything so beautifully!

But the most important journeys are not those of our physical bodies, but of our minds and hearts.?

How true!!!!! :)

I enjoyed this whole post. It was lovely to read! :)

~Jedikma :)

25. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good continuation. :) Interesting dialogue between Qui-Gon and Birdsong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.