main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Stue Blue (Thrawn 1st Person, humor, sarcasm)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Oct 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N: I wrote this a few weeks ago after finishing 'Thrawn' Timothy Zahn. I really enjoyed the audiobook, but writing this bit of silliness just came naturally. I hope you enjoy.

Stue Blue

My name is Gary Stue. Grand Admiral Thrawn, to you. I almost always win because I am the most intelligent being ever. I am a brilliant tactician, lie detector, and benefactor. You will not outsmart me and you cannot provoke me to any action I have not already planned many moves in advance. Though not popular among my peers, my unending string of victories and successes make it hard for even my most vocal detractors to hate me for long. I am that good. However, some might wonder why I have pledged my services to the Empire. Order. The Galaxy must have order to face the evil that that will one day arise. You say Palpatine is evil. I say Palpatine is a flea on the backside of a behemoth. What are the pending evils? You will know when they arise. When are they coming? When they get here, of course. You say freedom is better than tyranny. I say tame tyranny is better that undoubted destruction. I do not expect to have to explain this again. If you require it, then, perhaps, you deserve your fate.

bango31, Togruta and Findswoman like this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    If I ever had any doubts as to what a Gary Stu is, this has vanished them forever! [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and brodiew like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= [face_laugh] Stue Blue indeed! Thrawn silences his detractors at every turn. :p

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm not too familiar with Thrawn, but some of these lines are too good. "Palpatine is a flea on the backside of a behemoth"... Nice.

5. bango31

bango31 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2016
    Ha, well done. As an unapologetic Thrawn fan, this made me laugh.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hah! [face_laugh] What fun, and so spot on for our dear Grand Admiral Gar'Rystuth'Raw'Nuruodo—I can just hear it in my mental ear being read in Lars Mikkelsen's dulcet tones. :D I too love "a flea on the backside of a behemoth"—just the way someone like Thrawn would describe Palpatine, because we know who's the real evil mastermind in the house (hint: he's blue)! [face_dancing] Thanks for sharing and bringing a laff or two to my stodgy workday! =D=

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    brodie! [face_rofl]:_|[face_rofl]

I got such a kick out of reading this - and I say that as an unrepentant Thrawn fangirl, myself. He may he a true blue Gary Stu, but I love my condescending genius anyway! :p And that means that I can say, with much affection, that this drabble was scarily spot on accurate. Like others, I particularly liked his observations about Palpatine - "a flea on the backside of a behemoth" - that was a 100% in character Thrawn observation. Then, I particularly liked how you built up to the punchline at the end. Yep. That really sums it up. :oops: [face_laugh]

=D=

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I should point out this story to some Thrawn fans that I know, but one of them has not been to the fan fic boards for a while.

My name is Gary Stue. Grand Admiral Thrawn, to you.

Anyway, @brodiew, you always surprise with the unexpected. I wonder where this is going.

:D