main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Succession (A Clone Wars Era AU)A Note to My Readers(3/22/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunraysLawyer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just popping in as my time and sanity seem to be very limeted these days (becoming more active in a local horse rescue and doing contract work while I wait for the business grant to come through)

Hmmm, it seems Ivo is having a bit of a crisis of faith - not all such things are played out as obiviouly as Anakin's were - Going from the loving, gental mas we first met so long ago the become the "Butcher" whom Liea meets later on...

Looking forward to seeing where this goes int he next installment.

2. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Just wanted to note to all my readers that I am in teh process of pulling my thoughts together for replies. They should be up shortly.

3. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    ?You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.?

The Operative to Mal Reynolds, ?Serenity?

Given response to the epilogue that seemed a logical quote to start with?and I wanted to say that I am a little surprised. Throughout the Ivoverse series, the Kalinadian view of the GFFA has been high-lighted in its differences from the ?norm.? The Imperial Remnant?s offer to Ivo makes eminent strategic sense?even more if you understand the actual strategic situation in the Post-Imperial era. Of course, I have deliberately not expounded on that here, ergo, I may be taking some by surprise. In short, let me say that the Galaxy may have celebrated the end of a Tyrant, but in the collapse of the wider Imperial authority a chaotic world of competing powers has developed. In this world, the Commonwealth is a large, and perhaps decisive player.

In the next work, the Republic will make its own offers?

But the seemingly, more troublesome question in the minds of most of my readers is the reaction and views of Ivo, and particularly, Dormé.

On one level, Ivo is exactly what the Imperials see him as: a partisan of order and structure amongst the Chaos. This would greatly appeal to the non-Sith/non-Force wielder Military council controlling the remnant of the Empire.

He is also a man haunted by guilt and that most pernicious of personal demons, ?What might have been.? Think all the way back to ?To Absent Friends,? and remember the dream that haunted Ivo. It was all about what he perceived as his role in destroying the old order by making too cautious a decision. To a large degree, he feels that he has been granted something of a second chance.

As to Dormé, some comments have been made about her swallowing the party line. Well, lets look at that closely. She believes that there was a Jedi coup attempt. Well, it is hard to describe the Jedi?s actions against Palpatine in ROTS, or here where they are longer coming and more subtle until the end as anything else. Was it well meant, and maybe even right? Sure, but it was a coup attempt against a lawfully elected government in a time of war.

I could go on, but please don?t confuse any of this with feelings of more than ambivalence for Palpatine. In the end, to the Kalinadians, he could be ignored for the benefits of association with Empire.

Much, much more will come of this in ?The Great Game.?

Individual replies on Tuesday.

4. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    I've been asked by one reader to hold my individual responses until they can reread the whole work and comment. I'm told that it'll only be a couple of days.

So, hang tight, and ponder the following:

Do you want to be on the PM list for "The Great Game" starting later this spring on the Beyond the Saga boards?

5. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    please put me on the pm list thanks!

6. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    It sounds wonderful. I look forward to reading it, please add me to the PM list. Thanks.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.