main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Succession

Discussion in 'Community' started by DAR, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Because no one watches this show. I thought we covered that already.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So you hate Marlene, that’s why you don’t watch.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Is she her kind and heroic self or did she have a different personality before the plague?

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Who wants to smell Greg’s finger?

Guidman and Darth Guy like this.
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's funny how the 3 siblings could just cash out and be billionaires without needing to do anything else, but instead they stretch their fortune to its limit to buy a legacy media conglomerate and, most importantly, take revenge on their father. I'm sure this arrangement will turn out well.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm all for a Disgusting Brothers spinoff or at least one episode focused on their exploits.

7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Logan felt so alone, that I think he’ll
    scupper the Gojo deal to sink the kid’s Pierce deal.

Also, Greg seems slightly better at playing the game - still socially awkward, but more…polished. The way he indicated that Logan smiled when he fessed his sexploits makes me think he’s a dark horse to become successor.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Logan on Liberals “Savages. They eat their own”.

9. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Wow.

Figured it was gonna come at some point but RIP Logan Roy.
    **** off.

And there's your Emmy submission episode for the whole cast.

10. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I honestly thought

okay not sure why the rest of the response isn’t showing

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Just like the show to have this major event basically happen offscreen.

He was probably already dead for most or all of the phone call.

Logan Roy died as he lived: neglecting Connor.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I didn’t think anything could register higher on the sad’o’meter of Connor’s karaoke stag do. I should have known better.

EDIT: I think this might be one of the best episodes of TV I’ve ever seen - in the sense that every character gives a pretty flawless performance.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    Darth Guy likes this.
  13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Has to be in the running for one of the best episodes of television

Darth Guy and Darth Punk like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    This ****ing show.

And apparently when the call came in it was then a 27 minute single shot. I always watch these twice, I can’t wait to appreciate that.

15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Wow.

Edge of my seat. When the call first came through from TOM I thought ... maybe he's messing with his kids. He just got Roman to fire Gerri. He's twisting them some more. And..then once they showed the body on the floor I was wondering if he'd pull through. Just like in S1. I almost still couldn't believe it when his body was being carried about off the plane.

My father died 14 years ago. Not like this, not a surprise...but wonderful acting from all. That's the moment.

EDIT; I had always thought this season's poster looked like they were standing on the Titanic. Metaphor being that the ship is going down. Fitting that the whole episode takes place on a boat for Allen's wedding.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @DarkGingerJedi
    The LA Times wrote an obituary for Logan:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-04-09/logan-roy-succession-dead-obituary

Absolutely brilliant. Like many, I figure it would end with the old man finally dying. I didn't figure he die in the third episode of the season with seven more episodes left. I heard some crazy theories that shomehow faking his death but I am not buying it at all.

And if you look closely at the poster, there is a single plane flying thru the sky which is an obvious reference to where Logan finally kicked the bucket.

17. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Good catch.

I don't think he's faking. When his .... assistant Kerry came into the room in the plane, she was in shock. They all seemed like 'holy ****" she needs to stay out of this right now because she was never really part of the team and was kind of getting too close to Logan.

That said, I don't think this is the last time we'll see him on screen. We'll probably get one more with him, from the past, a tv clip or whatever, with some small bit of info or something.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Luke02 likes this.
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Logan is still able to **** with people.

19. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    In a show built around insults, the most brutal might have been, "I like you Tom, good luck."

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I think Kendall's name was cross off but it was close enough to looking like it was underlined plus perhaps more importantly there was enough name scribble on the page that the board like even less therefore rather have Kendall despite being mostly a train wreck take over then who he really wanted to take over. My guess? Kerry Castellabate. I also think Shiv is just not going along with the plan especially since Kendall and Roman will try to sideline her much as possible and I don't blame her. Out of the three of them. she is by far the best option though that isn't saying much.

We rewatch last week's episode before this week's one dropped early. That has to be one of the best episodes of TV I seen in quite some time and I watch quite a bit of TV over the past 3+ years. Not that this week's epsiode was bad, far from it as overall it was great. But last week alone was next level. The acting alone in it was absolutely memorizing. Just assume they sweep all the acting awards next season for it.

21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm on season 2 episode 1

Why has it taken me so long to watch this show??

Luke02 and Darth Guy like this.
  22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Probably should exit this thread until you're caught up. :p

FatBurt likes this.
  23. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    That last little smile.

Kendall looked at the letter again int the bathroom, and realizes his name was crossed off. His dad wanted him out. And so he goes to Hugo for a quiet Option B. **** on Dad. And when Hugo hedges, Kendall goes for the throat with a threat. He is going for the killer route. Just has his dad told him he wasn't. Great acting all around.

And yeah, I like you Tom, good luck" was weaponized line.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don’t know if I said it here or another message Board I frequent, but I can’ t stand Greg. Don’t misunderstand me, he is a brilliant character, but he’s been a weasal from the start. When Logan became ill in the first season, he worked his way into a job, thanks to his disinherited mothers advice. And he’s been trying to go with the winds since then.

but in this episode, his weasel-i-ness went into overdrive.

I hope he fails spectacularly.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  25. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Oh he's a total weasel. No one likes him. And Tom only pretends to because it makes him feel like Logan.