main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sue Rostoni Retiring on July 2011

Discussion in 'Literature' started by vong333, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Sue, while I may disagree with some of the decisions you've made, the line as a whole has prospered from your guidance. Whoever Lucasfilm finds to replace you has a big job in their hands.

2. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    Thanks! I read it in a positive light.

3. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    Likewater,

I like the last line in your post: Part of my excitement of not having the Friday evening commute home after July 8th, is what is going to unfold -- both in my life and in the life of the novels. Both will be awesome.

4. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    Camping! Yes! Maybe in August or September.

5. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    I love your enthusiasm!! :)

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hi Sue -- I can do no more than reiterate what's been said before. You shall be missed. :( Especially your PR work -- not many editors would go that extra step to interact with fans, especially on a regular basis. Best of luck with your future plans! :)

7. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Best to you in the future, Sue! You've left a tremendous legacy.

8. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    With my love of American history, the only analogy I can make that hasn't been made already is that this is what it must have been like to see the Founding Fathers leave public life.

Ms. Rostini,

Heir to the Empire was the first actual novel I ever read (at the tender age of 7!), and without a doubt the most influential text in my life. I grew up on the Star Wars EU. Thank you for riding herd over so many great stories. My life is fuller because of it.

Enjoy your retirement!

9. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    I can only echo what others have said, many thanks for years of incredible work and wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Sue, it's nice to see you around here on these boards. I'll say thank you for the many years of great work, and I hope you join in the conversations around here when you can.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Thanks so much for being both an integral and open part of the Star Wars publishing group. Your transparency with the fans has been a great achievement, and I hope whoever gets the job learns to keep this quality.

Thanks, and enjoy your retirement!

12. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Thank you very much, Ms. Rostoni, and godspeed.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Take care, Ms Rostoni, and thank you for all you time and effort, I have enjoyed every moment of it, and more. :)

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If there's one thing I learned from interacting with you at the Official Site forums, Sue, it's that you love chocolate. Eat lots of chocolate in your retirement! :) Also, sorry that after twenty years, a lot of fans still can't seem to be able to spell your last name. :p

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Wow. Very nice of you to drop by Ms. Rostoni. I can't imagine the novel EU without your direction. On the positive side, there will be even more opportunity to complain on the Lit boards if your replacement makes one single mistake in our eyes.:p

It's just too bad you dropped by at the very end of your tenure![face_not_talking] :p

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Sorry to see you go after all these years, Sue - though now that you've got an account here, maybe you'll stick around and chat with us as a fellow fan. :)

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. :)

18. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Here's hoping.[:D]

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Enjoy your retirement, you've certainly earned it. Your contributions will be remembered for quite a long time to come.

20. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Adding my thanks for your years of hard work Sue, take care and all the best with whatever the future may hold. :)

21. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Hey, Sue. I already gushed on your facebook. I will miss you, but "it's the pattern of all life to move on". Of course we don't want to stop the suns from setting, but they do!

I have looked back on the last ten years, and I realize that I coped so well with 9-11, because of the NJO, I know it sounds dumb, but having this community back, then, were the best years of my life. I felt not joy so much but camaraderie and fun and fighting and our own shorthand. The mass media of Twitter and FB have taken a huge bite out of this forum and so many others. It's hard to move on. I like TCW, but I am old school, and though, wonderful to have another generation of SW fans, it's not the same in my heart. It was a moment in time.

Much love to you, in your endeavors and new vistas! We were a family for a time and you were one of our matriarchs..

MTFBWY (first time I have EVER said this). And THANK YOU.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Isn't it awkward when a VIP replies to your nerd rage?

Best of lucks, Sue. Thanks for the years of work!

23. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    Hey Jeff --
    Yes, chocolate. At the moment I am eating a Dagoba (who can resist) organic hazelnut, milk chocolate, and rice crisp bar. Heaven.
    Sue

24. SueRostoni

SueRostoni VIP VIP

Jun 10, 2011
    I'm gratified to know that the books helped with this. I was able to send books and comics to a buddy fighting in Iraq last year and he said they helped him and his teammates cope with what they had to do each day -- the books kept them sane. It's meant to much to me to know this --

It might sound funny, but I'm a private person and somewhat of an introvert (perfect combination for an editor!) and I've never fully grasped the impact the SW books and comics have made on so many people. Only one of my close friends even reads them, so my family and friends have never been that aware of what I've been up to all these years. It was a bit of a shock to them when I sent them the OS announcement. Your words have made my career so much more worthwhile.

Sue

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Just imagine how C'baoth feels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.