main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* Summer Vacations *

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by VaGG, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    It's July 25 and it seems that this summer 's gonna be the most quiet of the last 10 years... (at least for me that is)

What are YOUR plans for this summer? (vacation-wise)

I 'll go first:
    We (as in my wife, my 17month son and I) have made reservations for a sea side bungallow in a resort called "Platamonas"
    (East - Central Greece). We 'll chill out there from 2 - 18 Aug and afterwards (end of August) my wife and I will go to Santorini
    island for a weekend or so (just the 2 of us)...

How about you ppl? Have you planned yet? It 'd be nice to hear about your vacations!

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    Vacation, whats one of those? I am stuck here working all summer :(

I was lucky just to get my birthday off of work as it is :( :( :(

3. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I feel with you, Jean, but think forward to October! ;)

I will be next Friday 'till Monday on an Island in the North Sea callled Borkum with some very nice people from the GSFF. :)

And in August I have a practicum to do, so I have to work, too, but I am happy to got this chance to work there. :D

4. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    true true, but I have to learn some German though....I've got as far as do you speak English lol

5. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    You won't have a problem understanding us, Jean. ;)

6. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ermm from what I understand some of you haven't spoken any English in a few years

7. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, but if you don't hear to the accent you will have not a big problem and if nothnig helps we write it on a piece of paper. ;)

8. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol well I've heard a German accent before. Anyway that wont help me as you guys wont know what I am talking about! [face_shocked]

well one of my friends is a translator for French and German and said I can borrow some of his books and tapes so me is going to do that :D

9. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    We will understand you, Jean. We may not speak well, but with the understanding there won't be a problem, maybe you should speak a bit slower then normal. ;)

A good idea, if nothing helps. :D

I am off. Maybe I see you later this day. :)

Bye, Jean! :)

10. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Too bad you have to work all summer Lady, but Mac 's right... September or October are very nice when vacations are in order; it 's still hot in Greece during those two months... why not visit... us? :)

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    I don't habe money to visit everywhere lol. Plus I am looking at when I finish school do working for a while and immagrate to Canada, don't know if it will happen but I want to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.