main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Sunday, January 14--Chicago Force Meeting!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Jan 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey gang--

Okay, here's the finalized details for our Sunday fun meet.

NOON
    Sunday, January 14
    Gino's East
    62 E. Ontario Street
    Chicago, IL

We'll be firming up some Capricon plans, talking about how we'd like to spend the rest of the year, and just chatting and having fun. yep, we're fun people. I know, I know--a bunch of Star Wars geeks? FUN?!

You're thinking, "Yeah, right. These guys n gals are about as fun as watching paint dry."

You're wrong, cha-cha! We ARE fun! We're funny, too! And smell nice! Just check out some of these celebrity endorsements...

"Chicago Force didn't just make me glad to be a part of Star Wars--they made me proud to be a human being. I'm crying! I can't help it! They're beautiful folk."--Anthony Daniels

"I've only felt true happiness once--and that was when I met Chicago Force. Now I chase that moment of bliss to no avail around the globe in my various misadventures. Oh, the joy of CF!"--Harrison Ford

"Who the hell are those people? Didn't I copyright the word 'Force'?! Rick, get your butt in here!"--George Lucas

So, um, come join us.

Matt

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I just called Gino's East. They give me an address of 633 N. Wells, the former location of Planet Hollywood.

Phil

3. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Yep...Gino's is on Ontario and Wells. I'm pretty sure Phil is right. I was just there last week. At least...I think I was. I'm loosing my mind. They just recently moved across the street. A few blocks from Disney Quest.

4. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    sorry for the mix-up. phil's right on the address.

matt

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, I'm glad that's been cleared up. Now, how do I get there again? Let's see, 55 North to....

heh heh

Hey, DA, when you're wasting time on the net, how come you don't log in on AOL or Yahoo Messenger so folks can talk to ya? Not very friendly are ya? J/K! :)

6. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    Being from South Bend, I have to ask this. How far is it from DisneyQuest? Since I would be coming on the South Shore I need to find out if it is better to walk or take a cab.
    I will try to get there, but I do not know. School starts up again on Monday and I have to watch my cash.

7. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Are you sure school starts again on Monday? I'm fairly certain that Monday is MLK Jr's birthday... all of the schools around here have the day off

-Le Penguin
    "Now Terrance smells like my ass."

8. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Registration is Monday and classes start Tuesday. Why they have registration on MLK day I have no clue, but I still have to go to the campus so I consider as the start of school.

9. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Sorry to ask about a similar question again but does any one know where I should park. A friend and I will be driving up. He is not as big a fan as us but he is willing. So I will be seeing you on Sunday.

10. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Never mind about the parking. I asked prematurely again. From now on I will wait.
    I will be coming still so I will see you there.

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Ha! There have been more posts on this thread from us South Bend folks than from you Chi Folks. Not sure that that means anything...but I'm bored :)

Hey Penguy, are you going to this little shindig at Gino's? JediGal? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

12. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    No, Mav, I actually was NOT planning on making the 5 hour drive or the 7 hour train ride or the 10 hour bus ride or the more expensive 1 hour plane ride to Chi in order to attend this stellar event. True, I've never had Chicago style pizze while in Chicago, but then again, perhaps I prefer St. Louis style pizza in St. Louis. Actually, pizza is not on my diet, and I'm NOT cheating now, having done ALOT of that over the holidays. But I'm so glad to know you were hoping for me... Are you going to be at Capricon? Or will you remain just a figment of the internet? Ha ha ha...

Wish I could...
    Have fun everyone!

13. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    No...not a figment...I DO exist. Some have seen me: JediJeff, StarDreamer, JediAutobot, MosEisleyanRadio, and BoshTalk have all had the wonderful experience of my company. Others have seen me, but probably don't remember me: Le_Penguin, Darth Astuart, Darth Jurist. Yes, I DO exist...if only in a few minds...

14. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, Mav, the truth is that you exist, but the rest of us are merely figments of your fevered and diseased imagination. ;>

Thom

15. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I take exception to that remark. I am absolutely, positively, 100% real.

... at least that's what it says in the script.

-Le Penguin
    "As my breakfast burrito is congealing rapidly, I'll be brief."

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I feel real. Well, the soap bar withers away in the shower, so it must get applied to something.

17. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    The bar of soap is also part of Mav's delusion.

What you do with it, however, is beyond all human imaginings.... ;-)

Thom

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Why imagine??

WHO WANTS PHOTOS!?!?!? :)

19. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Okay, I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. Bad and wrong. :)

Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.