main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sunday night?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Is it worth staying till late? I'm debating on whether to book a hotel and fly back to Seattle on the 25th or catch a flight out the evening of the 24th...

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I would suggest you leave on monday.

I mean if you find no other fan group to go out and have supper with you can always joins us ^_^

3. tk432

tk432 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    I and many others are flying in the day before and flying out the day after.

So i sure hope it is worth staying.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    In any case, it's most likely that flights on Monday would be cheaper than Sunday...check your travel agent / website / whatever, but that'd be reason enough to stay (assuming it's significant enough to offset an extra night in the hotel). There's plenty to see and do in Indy outside of C3, though maybe not so much on a Sunday night.

To answer your question...it just depends. :p

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Thanks Uilmuteiz, I'm leaning on staying the extra night though I might shift hotels. The art Museum and the children's museum have appeal for me as well... They have a three abrest Dentzle carousel which I want to see.

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i would definitely recommend staying an extra night. i ended up having to leave late sunday afternoon and i was so sad :(

even though all the official activities were over, there seemed to be still quite a bit going on w/ people hanging out and what not.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I know I am staying till Monday this time...
    For CII I drove home right after closing on Sunday...and was bummed....
    I think Sunday night will be cool to sit back and reflect and see our nationwide friends before heading back to "reality"

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Since my whole family is going...we need to get home Sunday night! Work the next day, cats to take care of, and the fact that I will probably be very poor after that weekend...means it's time to go home.

((sings that tune from "Jasw"))
    "I'm tired and I want to go home..."

9. OC47150

OC47150 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2004
    The Children's Museum is a fun place for adults or kids, Darth Breezy. My niece and nephew love it there!

There was a SW display at the Children's Museum at the same time as C2, if memory serve correct. A full-size prop Naboo starfighter was the highlight.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, the Art of the Starfighter traveling exhibit was nice.

The Childrens Museum just opened up it's new & permanent exhibit, Dinosphere...it's pretty fantastic.

11. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm only 5 hours away, so I'm definitely driving home Sunday afternoon. Personally, I see no need in paying another night's hotel rate, nor taking another day off work. Besides, it will be nice to go home & sleep in my own bed. I'm also sure that after 5 days of being away from her, I will be anxious in getting home to see my wife.

12. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I live in Indy and I stayed downtown and hung out last time on Sunday night. Alot more people stayed and hung out than I expected. It was one of the funnest nights I had.

13. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    So on Sunday, are people still wearing their costumes and whatnot? I am deffinatly leaving on Monday. My Father-In_law and I are driving from Ottawa, Ontario Canada! So I feel that I better take in what I can for as long as I can!

14. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    There was not as many people in costume, more of just people hanging out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.