main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Super Bowl XLVIII Pick 'Em

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jan 31, 2014.

1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I predict Abraham Lincoln and his Legion of Alcoholic Zombies will defeat Winston Churchill's Horde of Near-Sighted Werewolves by a score of negative 47 to mayonnaise.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i haven't actually checked but i'm pretty sure i'm winning this.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was so, so wrong!

s65horsey likes this.
  4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I was nowhere close to that one.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh huh, Super Bowl is just one game? Shows how much I know about football, lol. Guess I was thinking of the World Series...

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Results are in, everyone. Since the "seattle defense" technically scored the first points of the game, and no player is credited with a safety in the box score, the first player to score was Steven Hauschka. dp4m, tunes, and gunny - you got credit for answering that one right.

As he predicted, the winner is tom. He's a winner in all things, but he picked an impressive 15/28 questions correctly in this game. Pizza for all, or just him.

Special mention goes to eeth, who captured both of the score picks (#s 7 and 9), even though he had the wrong team ahead, so he only received 1 point for each, instead of the full 2.

Second special mention goes to tom and inty, who missed Manning's yards by 2 yards exactly - that's impressive.

Full Standings:

1. tom - 15 points
    2. gunny - 13 points
    2. gersh - 13 points
    4. inty - 12 points
    5. eeth - 11 points
    5. tunes - 11 points
    7. dp4m - 9 points
    8. burrisjm - 8 points
    9. astrofan - 7 points
    9. point given - 7 points
    9. mistrx- 7 points
    12. horsey - 6 points
    13. jcgoble - 5 points (it's alright, we've all been there.)

Tags seem to be having issues, so Point Given, can you hook tom up with his colors? Many thanks to all for playing - until next year, this is eli face, signing off.

[​IMG]

7. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    That game was over at the coin toss. I actually did something better with my time. I saw a movie at the movie theater. Saw the first ten minutes and a nearby restaurant and then went to the theater. It was in a mall so it was a short walk. Anyway, I got a ticket to see I Frankenstein. I texted a colleague about the score during the movie. And for anyone wondering why I would so blatantly violate movie policy well I was the only one in the theater so it worked out. Honestly after getting out and seeing the score in the third period at the same restaurant I was glad I went to the movie. I spent my time doing something at least somewhat better. In Other words I Frankenstein was a better distraction then the Superbowl..

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

[​IMG]

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Beez on sports. A new ESPN show, for folks who love Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith.

tom likes this.
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    aww yeah!

11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Congrats tom.

tom likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Wow, I actually did well on this. [face_hypnotized]

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Done. Also it took me until just now to realize that I'd forgotten to take your Basketball Draft Champion user title away tom :p