main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit "Superman" Luke of the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthPhilosopher, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Well lucky for Luke there are no Hosnian Prime survivors, only people who weren't there and dead people.

(Sorry, that was dark for a joke.)

Seriously, though, how? Everything Luke knows about Kylo (at least, as far as we know right now) is that the kid was showing some Vaderish tendencies back home, Leia sent him to be trained as a Jedi, Luke did his best for a while but then one night got a premonition that it was failing spectacularly and that became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even if Starkiller is in Luke's vision (and Starkiller seemed like Hux's baby to me), we've never gotten the impression that Jedi visions are considered actionable evidence by the Republic (just the opposite in fact).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Obviously Luke may not have known about Starkiller. But it goes like this.

Luke: I want to make a report. My school has been destroyed. The culprit is Ben Solo, he killed most of my students and took others. I do not know if they went willingly we need to find them. I would also like to turn myself in on charges of holding an armed weapon at a student. It was a mistake, but I lit a lightsaber to Ben and he reacted with his slaughter.

NR: Ok, what are your students' names. Where do you think they went?

Luke: I believe Ben took them to see someone named Snoke.

NR: Snoke. Hmm, let's find out all we can on him. Senator Organa has mentioned this name before. Where does this Snoke live?

Luke: Unknown Regions.

NR: Extrapolate all possible coordinates from Ben Solo's shuttle departure from the Jedi Temple. We'll get to work on this.

It's not much, but it's a start. The more they investigate the closer they get to the whole FO thing and possibly Starkiller.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Ok, so Luke stays, gives this report (that we don't know he didn't give, we don't know anything really that's the problem), doesn't remove himself from the Force. That means Poe never goes to Jakku, which means Finn and Rey never join the fight, which means the Falcon's beacon doesn't go off, which means Han and Chewie also never join the fight, which means no one is there to take down Starkiller's shields, which means D'Qar is dead and Leia, Luke, and everybody else with it.

That's better.

4. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    How do you know he didn't make a report?

BigAl6ft6, Ghost and Jedi Princess like this.
  5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Luke could have used the Force to get through Jakku's shields and have threatened someone to turn them off. What was done by Finn and Han could have been done by a Jedi Master.

We can't assume everything will go wrong in a what if situation if a hero is taken off the board. There was an episode of Star Trek where Q showed Picard a timeline where he stayed an ensign his entire career. You think the galaxy would have been overrun by Borg and the Federation destroyed right? But everything was fine, and Q quipped to Picard "You're not that important."
    If he did he's not continuing to cooperate with the investigation into his missing students. It's not going to help authorities if you don't even know what planet your witness is on or how to contact him if there's an update in the case.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    He doesn't need to stick around after he's given the report because I doubt there was much of an investigation given they know they disappeared into the Unknown Regions.

7. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Well also literally every time Picard had to deal with a galactic-level threat, it was kinda his own fault in the first place. The Borg don't take over Federation space in that timeline because Picard is the only reason the Borg were there in the first place.

And you say Luke could have done everything that Finn, Rey, and Han did, but could he? If Han and Chewie aren't there, Kylo is still at full strength when Luke shows up, Luke who he has already bested once. The conflict Snoke senses at the beginning of The Last Jedi is absent, since he didn't murder his father, and he has no gaping bowcaster wound in his side. IF Luke gets through that shield (and the film leans hard on the idea that Han's the only one insane/lucky/strong in the Force enough to even TRY something like that) he's probably gonna die or he's going to have to tap into the dark in order to kill Kylo. That's why even in The Last Jedi he doesn't confront Kylo physically.