main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Support Your Local Writers: The Review Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Melyanna, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    My pleasure J_M and Bria. This is a fun thread - so thanks Melyanna :)

Bria - a story about Tahiri's parents - what a cool idea. I get ideas for stories in the weirdest places. I was driving my son home today from his Jazz concert and 3DD were on the radio singing "Here without you." I thought about your songfanpic and wham! an idea for a songfic popped up. Now all I need is time to write it and to find a copy of the song. I suppose it will be on the internet somewhere.

I still haven't read TFP or TUF yet, so I'm still in NJO mode. :)

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Tahi: That's really weird. lol. I was singing "Here Without You" when I clicked on this thread and you're talking about it... freaks me out a bit. ;) This week I'm doing much better on this, I only have to read one more and I just started again yesterday! :eek: :p

J&J

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    LOL JandJ It must be the Force telling us something ;) It IS a good song, as was "Love me when I'm gone". There are a few Creed songs that fit the A and T story/tragedy as well. [rushes off crying again]

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Tahi, thanks for the nice review! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the little Challenge entry.

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved it BigE - thanks for writing it. :)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love this thread, have I said it before?

7. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Jaina_and_Jag: [face_blush] Thanks for the wonderful review.

8. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    1) Read and review a story at TFN's Fan Fiction Archive.

Memoirs of a Shadow by Gabe

If I had to review this story (which I do), I could find no better words than those posted by tracey smith, who said simply, "Modest, clear. Painfully honest."

The characters, all of whom are OC's, are richly drawn and incredibly complex. Cai, the narrator, has a candid voice that reveals more about her than she might like to think, considering that she's in the assassin trade. At once bold and strangely troubling, this story delves into the darkness of the human mind, and into the violence that pervades the business of civilization. A chilling and unique story, and a definite must-read.

2) Read and review a story from an author whose work you haven't read before.

Acquainted With the Night by LianaMara

The compassion and eloquence with which this short story is told is wonderful to read. Though I'm not much of a Mara fan, I have to say that this story allowed me insight into a character that I may have otherwise continued to ignore. Although the event in Mara's life described in the story is not strictly canon, it is certainly plausible and quite moving.

3) Read and review a story that is locked on the Classic Fan Fiction board.

A Day in the Life of Han Solo by Qwi_Xux

As the title suggests, this one-poster is one day in the life of the Galaxy's hardest-working father. From sun-up to sun-down (and for a considerable time before and after) he's exercising every bit of his patience, with precious little help from his Force-sensitive children, diplomatically occupied wife, or furry sidekick. A few of my favorite lines:

11:15am: Arrive at the zoo. Leia had a Senate meeting. I'm alone with the kids.
    11:16am: Anakin reveals that he brought Threepio along. (Hidden in the back of the shuttle, of course.)
    11:17am: Get admonished by Jaina for cursing, "Mommy says those aren't nice words!"
    11:44am: The rancor has escaped. The zoo is in pandemonium.
    11:46am: Look around and realize Jacen is gone.
    11:48am: No, there he is on the rancor.
    And that's only halfway through the day!

4) Read and review a story from someone who has reviewed you.

Growing Things by Jane Jinn

This story is actually outside my normal reading habit, so I think it will count for number 6 as well. It's a sweet and touching little vignette from Qwi-Gon's point of view: a chance garden encounter with a young padawan illustrates nicely the concepts of growing and maturing. My favorite part:

"I wish I were a plant sometimes," the boy suddenly blurted out. "Then everything about me that?s not Jedi-like could just be ? pruned away. One quick snip and it?d be gone."

-=snip=-

"If you cut something away, what is left?" Qui-Gon asked?.

5) Read and review a story from one of your favorite authors.

Deep Down by _Derisa_Ollamhin_

A short but poignant Tycho- and Wedge-centric fic, this story is a look into Tycho's mentality as well as h

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    No problem jacen200015, it was really great and I was just telling the truth. :D

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003

I read A Fractured Reality by: Gabri_Jade

It?s a vignette told from an evil dark lord?s point of view. It?s set during Luke and Mara?s wedding. It?s really hilarious!! :D Plus it won?t take you long to read it.

I read Anakin on Fatherhood by: DarthBreezy

A short little story about Leia dating Han and what not to do. ;) Really funny!! :D

I read Amazed by: InyriForge

A short little songfic with Jaina and Jag mush. [face_love] It?s so adorable how in love she shows them to be. :D

I read Wrapped Around by: Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Another short little songfic with Jaina and Jag mush. It?s her version of how Jag asks Jaina to marry him. Short but sweet. :D

I read With a Flash and a Sizzle by: obaona

A vignette from Han?s point of view about his and Leia?s relationship during ESB. Written very well. :)

7) Read and review a story that may not fit one of the above, but which you'd just like to review anyway.

I read ?Dear Valin? by: Lorax

A short little story about Vslin Horn wanting to talk to somebody and only coming up with his grandfather. Very interesting.

11. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I've been meaning to get back to this for a while now but haven't had time to do much reading. I figured it couldn't hurt to go ahead and post the reviews for the topics I have managed to cover. Maybe I'll get back to 1-2 & 6-7 later.

"After the Curtain Falls" by Kenobism is an Obi/Siri fic.

This small piece takes place just after the ?curtain falls? on AOTC. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin are wounded and receiving a little TLC from unexpected sources.

Siri?s gentleness with the wounded Obi-Wan and her concern for her Padawan are just lovely, and if you?ve ever wondered what might happen when Siri meets Padmé I think you?ll find this fic a treat.

It seems the author intended it to be a much longer story and never went back to finish the piece, however, that didn?t spoil my enjoyment of what had been written. Much of what was presented makes an interesting vignette and can stand on its own merit.

"Leia Among the Imperials" by Sock_of_Darth_Vader

This vignette is one of the best I?ve ever read giving a possible accounting of Leia?s time on the Death Star. The author covers the interactions between Leia and her captors very well. I especially enjoyed the dynamic undercurrents between Leia and Vader. If you?ve ever wondered how things might have gone this is definitely a fic to check out!

"The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness" by Darth_Lex

This is a true epic AU adventure with many of your favorite SW characters from both the prequel and original trilogies. Although it is a sequel to the author?s previous works I happened to read it first and it stands very well on its own. It is based on the premise that Anakin never fell to become Vader. Instead, he and Padmé went on to build their own family of Skywalker children.
    If you enjoy detailed descriptions, multiple plotlines and fascinating original characters then this is definitely the story for you!

12. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Oh, thank you Xaara! Now, I must actually get around to coming up with my reviews. ;)

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    *Looks at everybody's contributions*

I should really start mine...

Well, what are long weekends for? 8-}

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    thank you for the review, Xaara. [face_blush] :D

Unreality by obaona
    I rarely read A/P, but this one caught my eye. By the end, my eyes were getting a little teary.

Melody of You by LianaMara
    Tahiri's POV on Anakin, as told by the author, shows quiet widom gained through tragedy.

You Can Never Go Home by RentonKenobi
    :_| Obi-Wan was killed on a mission, and Qui-Gon's left to deal with his lonely life and his could-have-beens. Hey, so what if it's been done before? It still tugs at the heart strings :( Too bad the author didn't continue...

Three New Sailor Senshi by RK_Striker_JK_5
    I knew absolutely nothing about Sailor Moon when I started this fic, and I still know very little, but at least I can follow and understand it :) Striker maintains perfect characterizations of the YJK gang throughout the trilogy, and I suspect he managed to do the same for the "senshi" :)

Star Wars Online by Deneveon
    Every single line of this story is hilarious, even if it's just because you see the nicknames again (ie: Goddess, Her_Highness, RogueJedi). Even Ben's got his say!

here's a little sample:

FARMBOY: How do I get out of here?
    GalaxysHero: Click on the little red button that says LEAVE ROOM.
    FARMBOY: Why?
    GalaxysHero: Because that?s how you leave the room!!
    FARMBOY: I don?t want to leave the room, I want to leave this chat.

6) Read and review a story that's outside of your normal reading habit, whether it's an era, genre, or about characters which you don't normally read.

although "Melody of You" and "Unreality" could probably fit in this category, I've been copping out on this for too long, so...

Envy Of My Heart by NeonStar
    Two words: Powerful and aching. That...pretty much sums it up.

7) Read and review a story that may not fit one of the above, but which you'd just like to review anyway.

Setting the Matter Straight by Jaina_Fel_06
    Unbelievable as it may sound, this was initially serious.

No, really.

Jaina has a crush on Jag. Jag is harbouring his own unrequieted love. Unfortunately, embarrassing events occur when they try to cough up, Jaina leaves and bumps into Kyp. Jag hears Jay say she loves Kyp (conveniently missing the "as a brother" vibes) and the games are on...

~TJF

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    GAH! forgot to thank Tahi for her kind words about my fic [face_blush] very belated, but thank you, Tahi.

I'm going to do one of these soon, a lot of good fics out there ;)

16. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks for the review, Trickster_Jaina_Fel! :D

And now, I've finally gotten around to doing my own. ;)

Good Fertilizer by Jane Jinn

A beautiful little piece that I actually remember first reading as one of the OC Characters Challenge. Jane did a wonderful job creating rounded OCs that seemed so vivid in such short time. X!tal, in particular, struck me with his insight and compassion. And she explains a little bit behind the Agri-Corps, too!

Receptivity by Tilly

When I first read this, I couldn't believe she'd never written a SW fanfic before. All the characters, from Luke and Mara and Leia right on down to Wes and Hobbie, were captured perfectly. And you've never seen anything like drunken Leia. [face_mischief] Cute and romantic at the same time. I'm eagerly awaiting her later works.

Two Jedi Walked Into a Bar... by Lwyn'nya Kenobi

I went as far back in the Classic Board as could, and found this fic...where Obi gets his first hangover. In addition to being outright hilarious, it had good character development between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon too. Little to say, the pair are quite amusing when they're drunk.

Slumber My Darling by Xaara

I've always liked J/J stories, but this was simply adorable. Xaara picks a little scene with Jaina and Jag and their infant daughter and depicts the couple's love for each other so sweetly and beautifully.

Off...World by obaona

This is posted in The Underground's Xanatos discussion thread's challenge fanfic thing, and it is scrumptious! ( :p ) Xan is having a bad day, and has to deal with baby Obi. And through it all, oba gives Xan some of the best one-liners!

"I fully intend on killing you, the Jedi, and obliterate all your stinking ways and dancing in the ruins of the Jedi Temple,? I say threateningly. ?But not today. Dammit, I need my coffee.?

6) Read and review a story that's outside of your normal reading habit, whether it's an era, genre, or about characters which you don't normally read.

I'm feeling a little lazy and tired right now, so I'll say that #3 also qualifies for this. ;)

Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! by NarundiJedi

I'm feeling in a humorous mood tonight, so I had to mention this. Written by the uber-great NJ, it contains everything you could wish for...J/J mush, Kyp with someone who's not Jaina, and great funny OC interaction. The title alone is a hoot, not to mention the antics that ensue inside the thread.

17. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Haven't done this for a while [face_blush]

Death of A Mouse-Droid by Lady Padme. I remember reading this on the forums a while ago...I thought it was hilarious and I still do. :D C-3PO's 'voice' is great!

My young apprentice by Sock_of_Darth_Vader...a really sweet Obi and Ani fic. Is just adorable and slightly sad or depressing too, knowing what's to come...:(

The Padawan's Ghost by Darth_Em...a nifty little JA Halloween story. :D Obi-Wan and Bant go ghost hunting...

obaona's Waiting Away The Snow, in which Qui-Gon reacts to Xan's death. One of the sweetest Qui/Obi viggys I've read in ages. :) And snow on Coruscant [face_love]

dianethx's Betrayal. Probably the best characterizations of Qui and Obi I've seen on the boards. :)

6) Read and review a story that's outside of your normal reading habit, whether it's an era, genre, or about characters which
    you don't normally read.

No Greater Love by RebelMom -a terrific Luke and Leia vignette. Warning: You may need a tissue or three. :(

BecJedi and Charmisjess's Check Please. Have read this before, and it's great. :D

18. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    1)Thief By Obaona

A few emotional first person piece that I just had to read several times. I normally don?t go for Amidalla pieces, but this one explored the fire and anger where love once was. Beautifully done.

My rage is well deserved, and if the rage of the just fades so easily, where will we all be?

2) Through Hell's Gates by NeonStar

Descriptive and suspenseful, this story shows a side of Count Dooku that I new expected, as a master. Neonstar does a lovely job of portraying the commitment between Dooku and Qui-Gon, and I?ll have to admit I?ll be checking to see how it goes.

/I want to tell him, I truly do? And I will, once I know for sure? But how can I do so, unless it comes to pass? I can?t bear to lose him, I can?t bear to let it come to pass?/

3)Elementary, My Dear Obi-Wan (the revised version) by Frostfyre

Imagine my surprise when I found this wonderful story. Before I discovered Star wars my all time favorite read was Sherlock Holmes. FrostFyre does a wonderful job integrating Sherlock Holmes?s London and great Original characters with some of my favorite. With a mixture of seriousness and humor it is a great read.

4) I?ll have to go with someone who has reviewed my story rather than on this topic.

Beside My Own Reflection by Obi_ew

It?s a part of a series and this is the current installment. One of the first authors I found on these boards Obi_ew has the distinction of keeping my interest through five different stories. This one is wonderful with such interesting original character like Shai Kenobi who managed to steal my heart from the first time he appear.

?Thank goodness you?re still here! They?re at it again and we were hoping you would come down and break it up,? he informed the young Jedi.

Sighing wearily, the young man grabbed his tunic from the back of a chair and nodded.

?What set them off this time?? he asked in a slightly exasperated tone.

The technician grinned and shrugged. ?We didn?t even bother asking. We really appreciate this Padawan Kenobi. It?s difficult for us to interfere when we?re dealing with a Jedi Master and our boss.?

Tossing him an understanding look, Shai clipped his lightsabre to his belt and followed the man out of the room. Anakin and Desimir were embroiled in yet another altercation that he would have to end.

19. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Jaina_and_Jag
    Thank you very much for the review. Sorry, I?ve had very little internet time in the last few weeks and just stumbled across your review. [face_blush] I?m glad you enjoyed my story. :)

20. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow. [face_blush] Thank you, Trickster_Jaina_Fel, LianaMara (I'm one of your favorite authors? :eek: ), and female_obi_wan. [face_blush] [face_blush]

I really should do this again. ;) :D

21. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    This is a much-needed thread. My appreciation to the author and all the participators. I've been lurking for a while, following links to some very good stories while compiling my first 'bouquet' of reviews... Well, here they are:

1. Read and review a story at TFN's Fan Fiction Archive.

The Decoy by Elinon Bybeth
    Starring Sabé, this episode 3 speculation vignette is a must-read for any handmaiden fan. The author uses an isolated incident to give a glimpse into the lives and characters of the women who dedicated themselves to the service of Amidala ([Versé] and Cordé were killed in the line of duty ? [and are] the only handmaidens who have left us, for you are a handmaiden for life). The plotline itself is an excellent example of ?a twist in the tale?.

2. Read and review a story from an author whose work you haven't read before.

Sea of Despair by PadmeLeiaJaina
    ?Sea of Despair? is a Clone Wars short story that occurs within the timeframe when Senator Amidala notices the routine casualty list on her desk and when she gathers enough courage to read it. The story highlights Padmé?s musings about the war and her husband?s role in it. (This wasn't his destiny... war is not the way of a Jedi.) Within this short story, the writer delves into the spectrum of Padmé?s emotions and projects her remarkable character. (Somewhere in there in the murky muck of paperwork, I will find a way to bring him back home. To my sisterhood across the galaxy, I silently vow, I?ll bring them all home.)

3. Read and review a story that is locked on the Classic Fan Fiction board.

'Jedi Master, Sulking' by Marnie
    (I am aware that I'm sulking. It's not clever. It is faintly ridiculous, but when you're forbidden anger what other way is there to express your hurt?) A mixture of humour and mature insightfulness, this is an introspection vignette on Qui-Gon's perspective of *that* argument in Episode 1. The essence of Qui-Gon?s personality shines through and the story gives a more balanced view on the estrangement between him and his apprentice.

4. Read and review a story from someone who has reviewed you.

The Will of the Force by RebelScum77
    This Episode 2 missing moment vignette follows immediately after Anakin?s confession in the Lars garage and centres mainly around Padmé?s reflections on her feelings for Anakin, bridging successfully her stance between the fireplace scene and her love confession in Geonosis. (If Anakin, a Jedi, could do [listen to his feelings], Padmé Naberrie had been a fool.) For a first story, it is very mature writing ? the personalities of the characters are multi-layered and come across very realistically, and the events are slowed down so the reader can appreciate the subtle physical and emotional stages of the story. A must-read for A/P-lovers and all lovers of good short stories.

5. Read and review a story from one of your favourite authors.

Arsenal by Meredith B Mallory
    ?Arsenal? is an Episode 3 speculation vignette. All the events in the story occur in the night/morning before the famous ?duel? between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Lord Vader (He was not alive. Still strong, his body was untouched by the fire that would come, and though he breathed, he was quite dead) has finally tracked down his wife who had earlier mysteriously

22. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Whew, I haven't done one of these in a long time! I am far overdue. Thank you, LianaMara, for your kind review. (Hey, that kind of rhymes! :) )

Breaking Through the Silence by Mcily Nochi

In this AU version of what happened to Anakin and Tahiri during Conquest, Anakin is too late to save Tahiri from being shaped by the Yuuzhan Vong and has to contend with her new personality ? the Tahiri that has been formed into Riina. An intensely emotional portrayal of Anakin and Tahiri's relationship and the lengths Anakin will go to in order to protect his friend, this story presents a credible alternate version of Tahiri's battle with her artificial alter ego.

Morning Glory by Lady_Hermione

This new author manages to capture Luke and Leia's relationship wonderfully in her first fic here on the Boards. She portrays a moment on Endor after the battle is over, a moment in which we can picture the wonderful interaction between brother and sister as they take a look toward the future of the Rebellion. A quick but emotional and eloquent read.

Snapshot ~ A Fel Family Vignette by Miss_Jaina

A delightful little flashback of Jag's ? he remembers a family outing with Davin and Cherith before the two were killed. The scene Miss_Jaina chooses to portray ? the Fel family at a lake, Davin and Cherith and Jag all trying to out-splash one another ? is funny, sweet, and touching all at once. A few lines:

?WOO HOO!? Davin yelled as he jumped off the rock and dived into the lake.

Jagged tried to shield his datapad as he was hit with a near tidal wave of water from the splash, ?Hey! Watch it!?

Davin?s head popped out of the water, ?Well, you shouldn?t sit so close!? He laughed, ?Why don?t you get in and try and have fun, Jag...you?re allowed to have a life you know.? His brown eyes sparkled with laughter and playfulness.

Melody of You by LianaMara

The way Tahiri discovers reminders of Anakin in everything she sees, hears, and experiences is touching in this short but evocative vignette. Tahiri realizes that she will never see Anakin again, but finds comfort in his presence everywhere around her. The eloquence of this story truly does justice to Tahiri, who is portrayed sympathetically and gently. A short sample of the beautiful prose:

Remembrances can be addictive, so I use them sparingly. Better to stumble through the world alone and face pain and fear than to submerge myself in forgotten fantasies. ?

And I?m starting to pick things out in nature that remind me so much of you. Zonama Sekot?s reflecting pool is so clear, so limpid. I can sit for hours by its banks, watching the sunlight reflecting off its pale blue surface and the fish breaking its stillness with tiny ripples of movement. Its waters are beautiful, almost a cerulean shade. Like your eyes?.

23. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    lol! I know Jedi_Lukie personally! Everyone should seriously read it! It will give you a really good laugh! ;) :D

24. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    1) Read and review a story at TFN's Fan Fiction Archive <http://fanfic.theforce.net>.

Trust in the Force by, Jane Jinn

Qui-Gon is sick, and Obi-Wan goes off to help him, but is guided by the Force to help someone else. Obi-Wan is reluctant, but learns why it is important to trust in the Force. The planet Ottaria is very imaginative and unique, and I loved this story particularly because it deals with the Force as more than just a power. I've always seen it as much more, and probably philosophize too much for my own good.

A Journey of Discovery Book One-Pendulum by Jedi-2B

The story is a Return of the Jedi AU where Lukie ends up Palpatine and Darth Vader's prisoner. Mara is sent first to be his friend, then to seduce him, so she can be used against Luke to make him turn. The characterization is perfect, and the romance excellent.

Heavenly Peace by DarthSnuggles1121

This is a beautifully written story about Shimi delivering Anakin. The emotions are perfect, and the little baby so cute. It is also poignantly sad, and just...wonderful.

4) Read and review a story from someone who has reviewed you. *whistles*

5) Read and review a story from one of your favorite authors. See Number Three. (Yes, I'm being lazy...;))

Until the Dawn by Seraphena

I've been frequenting the Before the Saga forum more than usual, but I mainly go for OC fics or well written JA, and not usually Xanatos fics. Admittedly, I know little about him, except that he was Qui-Gon's padawan once and turned to the darkside. I really liked this story becuase it paints in him in a much better light, and the storyline is very intriguing. I love his and Rayn's relationship, and Obi's such a little sweetheart.

7) Read and review a story that may not fit one of the above, but which you'd just like to review anyway. (Laziness strikes again...I'll do this one next time!)

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Now that the Christmas rush is over, I had time to do all the categories here.

1. Read and review a story at TFN's Fan Fiction Archive.

Death of a Mouse Droid by LadyPadme

Just too hilarious for words! Left me with a big grin on my face.

2. Read and review a story from an author whose work you haven't read before.

To Shine Against the Darkness by DarthTim

This is an entry for the winter fic challenge, but also shows conflict between the Separatists and the Republic. The beginning post was well-written and even though the author claims it wasn?t was gripping as he had wished, it was enough to draw me in and keep me on the lookout for more.

3. Read and review a story that is locked on the Classic Fan Fiction board.

Recent Developments by TreeCave

This is a ?missing moment? focusing on Mon Mothma. It explained something that I had never thought of before; the fact that the galaxy seemed to think all the Jedi were dead, and yet at least one person in the Rebellion knew where Obi-Wan was hiding and could send Leia to him with the plans. This person was Bail Organa.

4. Read and review a story from someone who has reviewed you.

Flirting With Danger by LianaMara et al

I really enjoyed LianaMara?s first post in this multiple author story, featuring a hung-over Kyp Durron acting like Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean and having a narrow escape from the wrath of Jagged Fel when Jag discovers Kyp in bed with his sister Wynssa. I could definitely read some more about the ?sexy, unstoppable Durronator? when he?s written like this.

5. Read and review a story from one of your favourite authors.

Secrets Unveiled by Quiller

You hardly notice that this is a long story; it grabs your attention and doesn?t let go from beginning to end. Obi-Wan can sense that his apprentice Anakin is hiding something, and he wants to find out what it is, but something else has come up in the meantime ? the whereabouts of Dooku. But when they go to confront him, the situation gets turned around, and Dooku uses his knowledge of Obi-Wan?s past to try to defeat him.

6. Read and review a story that's outside of your normal reading habit, whether it's an era, genre, or about characters which you don't normally read.

See number four ? I do venture into the ?Beyond the Saga? board at regular intervals, but my tastes run more to Rogue or Wraith Squadron than to Kyp, Jag, or Jaina.

7. Read and review a story that may not fit one of the above, but which you'd just like to review anyway.

Candles in the Windows by Jodiwent

A series of short tales showing different canon characters during the holiday of Mid-Winter?s Eve, when the candle spirit leaves candles and candy for good children. I think the tale showing a young Obi-Wan is most adorable, and the one showing a young Han is also fascinating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.