main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Survive" My first fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Krim16, Apr 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaze1

blaze1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Does anyone know if there is a similar program to Axogon for the Mac? These lightsabars are taking forever.
    Thanks

2. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    I notice most tutorials for Photoshop recommend the use of the line tool for the core. I would argue it's better to use the versatile path tool - a single vector line for every blade. Then you have the option of not only applying a rounded airbrush/paintbrush stroke (instead of a flat line) for the core, but also you can set up an 'action' (like a script) that will brush your chosen glows and cores in one fell swoop...

BTW Please don't criticise my below par rotoscoping in my soon-to-be-released film. It was a rush job...

Saeed
    'Actor'/Witer/Director
    Star Wars: The Terran Conflict

[This message has been edited by Saeed (edited 05-23-2000).]

3. Quite Gone Jim

Quite Gone Jim Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2000
    I've yet to try a method that may save me some time with Photoshop. The idea so far is to have the actors against a bluescreen, and have the sabres painted a very bright florescent (SP?) pink of green. I'd use the magic wand tool to select the sabre blades, right click them and "copy via layer" (puts them on their own layer) and apply a color fill and outer glow to the layer. Unfortunately, the magic wand tool can be unreliable, and it would require a great deal of proofreading (so to speak), but I'm sure it will save me some time.

4. tony the jedi

tony the jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    WOW you were gonna pay $2500 for premiere and after effects?!?!? You can get Premiere w/several different firewire cards for under $400. You can even get it on ebay right now for around $50- see http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=334914720 http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=334914720 . Its fun to bargain hunt.

5. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Oops, hit a 2 when I meant to hit a 1. It would have been $1500 for the AE Production bundle plus Premier with my academic discount. I could have bought the el cheapo versions of both for around a grand, but I figured that if I was going to do it I'd go whole hog instead of getting something I might outgrow and have to buy the full version anyway. I didn't need a firewire card, as only one of the 5 cameras I was using was digital it would have been an unnecessary expense to buy it just for the software it came with (and it would have come out costing about the same anyway).

6. Melvil

Melvil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2000
    Ok, Lokmer, I got a few questions. Right now, I am using axogon to export my movies into jpegs, and then editing them with paint shop pro 5. Is axogons sabers easier to make? I will post a pic of some sabers I've made soon. And another question, is can you still get those plugs(or whatever they are) that will let you import movies onto a computer using a non-DVC? If so, How much do they usually run for? Thanks.

-Melvil

7. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Don't stop there! How about another post?

8. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.