main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Are you sure on #2?

If so, then I can FINALLY kick the crap out of that stupid Invasion deck! "Ooh, look at me, I lose battle droids from the top of my reserve deck to my Droid Racks!" Well, EH-EH!

Sorry, I just had to vent. I would have won so many more games if I had known that.

2. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm positive.

I guess it's confusing seeing as it doesn't specifically mention from table, but the card is designed to make your battle droids more useful, but only those that you actually use.

What you are suggesting is way too open for abuse. It's bad enough knowing that every battle droid that hits the table will probably come back, but every droid in the deck?

After all, if it were possible to put EVERY droid you lose on the rack, think about this combo:

Droid Racks + 80 - 90% of the deck battle droid + Reactor Terminal.
    It would be near nigh impossible to lose

(Since you circlulate nearly every bit of lost force to the hand and then back into the deck.

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    If your opponent has the Hoth MPG's out and you have North Ridge, Ice Plains, Mountains, and Wampa Cave out, how far does the shield extend?

4. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    It only extends to the 4th Marker (North Ridge).

5. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    The 3rd marker is the "Defensive Perimeter" after all!

6. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    Settle an argument for me here: I say An Unusual Amount Of Fear and Fear Is My Ally can't be cancelled by Alter because they are Starting Effects. My friend says otherwise. I am right, am I not?

This really became an ugly situation because he was able to deploy Vader on his first turn and played Alter before I could respond.

7. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    The Alter card does not specify "Starting effect" thus it cannot cancel them. It can only scancel Effects that only have the word "Effect" or "Utinni Effect" in the box under the picture (In addition, the coruscant version can also cancel political effects)

In addition, Immediate effects and mobile effects cannot be touched by alter.

See glossary for more info.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> If your opponent has the Hoth MPG's out and you have North Ridge, Ice Plains, Mountains, and Wampa Cave out, how far does the shield extend?<<

From the glossary:

"When the main power generators is face up on the table, the energy shield covers all Hoth sites except the outtermost marker and the Wampa Cave."

So, in your example, the shield would cover everything up to and including the Ice Plains, but the Mountains and Wampa Cave are not shielded.

9. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I don't know what I was thinking in my reply. [hits head against wall]

10. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Thanks. I was just wondering because I thought that it was just the outermost marker, and thought that if I deployed the Wampa Cave, I couldn't use walkers. I am glad to be wrong, because I am hurting for activation in my walker deck.

11. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    1) Is there a lightside versin of "Ability, Ability, Ability" and droid detector?

2)If their is a LS version of droid detector, are Batle Droids immune to it?
    (DS version says that all droids must move or be lost at end of turn etc.. which would get rid of a Theed Palac Droid swarm deck)

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Civil Disorder is the AAA equivalent, and LS has no version of Droid Detector.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Is Black 11 w/it's permanant pilot, considered a Black Squadron Pilot?

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    With Eject, Eject! How does the card play exactly?

I assume you reveal or deploy the card before attempting the gametext for 1 force, but what happens if it fails? Does it go back to hand, stay idle on the target or go to used or lost pile?

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    If it fails, the card is lost.

17. Sifu

Jan 18, 1999
    When using the epic events for lightsaber combat instead of drawing 2 destiny you only use one of your combat cards and not two. Am I correct in thinking this?

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You can use both.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    i think what he means is when you draw saber combat destiny, instead of drawing 2 destinies, you can only use 1 combat card in the place of 1 of the destinies, not two combat cards.

otherwise, people would be constantly drawing double 7's and nothing would get resolved.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You may use two combat cards.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You're sure about that? That seems like it would drag the game down since everyone would be getting double 7's...making it even harder for a non-LS combat deck to win in LS combat.

Everyone in my area has been playing it as "either draw 2 destinies or 1 destiny and a combat card".

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Then those people have been playing it wrong. There is nothing on the card that says the combat card eliminates both destiny draws.

23. Sifu

Jan 18, 1999
    The card says:

"Instead of drawing lightsaber combat destiny or duel destiny, your participating character MAY USE ONE of his combat cards."

Therefore you can't use both of your combat cards simultaneously in the same duel or combat.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Incorrect. You may use two combat cards.

25. Sifu

Jan 18, 1999
    I think I know why you're saying that.

"Instead of drawing lightsaber combat destiny or duel destiny, your participating character MAY USE ONE of his combat cards."

You're interpreting this as referring to using one combat card for each destiny drawn.
    Also to back up this point of view, the card does allow you to stack upto 2 cards for each Jedi (otherwise it would be pointless to have 2 combat cards).

I think you have a point there, Bib.
    Touche. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.