main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, actually, I'm not interpreting anything. The rules say you may use two combat cards, so you can use two combat cards.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, here's a question about a pretty sweet card I found in some hoth packs that I never even heard of before...

"Dark Dissension

USED: Cancel Dark Collaboration or Lone Pilot. LOST: If two Imperials each with ability > 2 are in a battle together, use 2 Force to draw two destiny. Subtract that amount from opponent's attrition and total power."

Now, my question is, since the card is non-unique, could you play two or more copies of the card in the same battle to draw 4+ destines to subtract with?

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    No, because that would violate the cumulative rule.

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Scenario for TTO:

Can the D*2 be orbiting a system when the system card is not on the table, or do I just move it to the parsec and say "It is orbiting planet X"?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The system card has to be on table in order for the Death Star to orbit it. If there is no planet system at the parsec that the Death Star is currently at, it is in "deep space."

6. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    This isn't a rules question but is anyone having trouble with the new virtual cards, I can't get my computer to recognise the first 3 pages, error message comes up every time. 4th page I can get.

Any suggestions?

7. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    Not a rules question either, but a (sneaky) way of getting ahold of Bib Fortuna. :)

Bib, you haven't signed up for the Endor Regional this weekend yet!

If nothing else, you should come up to help out with rulings!

(and there are a whole mess of people coming up from the Portland area too).

So far I've got about 35 preregistered, but I imagine we'll have closer to 50 by Saturday.

Let me know, as I would love to see you there! :)

Doug Taylor
    Red 4
    Star Wars CCG Player Advocate
    Gameplay Design

8. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    EDIT: Just read the glossary entry, and got my answer

BTW if you want Bib's attention, start a thread called "TCG makes the CCG look lame and pathetic" ;)

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Sorry Doug, but I can't make it up to Seattle this weekend. I wish I could, but there is no way for me to get there.

Maybe next year.

10. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    On Desperate Counter it says "Also you may deploy either Combat Response or Imperial Arrest Order from Reserve Deck; reshuffle."

My question is whether I can take both Combat Respose and Imperial Arrest Order from Reserve Deck at the same time or at least one at a time on the same turn. Because the deck they showed in gamer 6 says they can both be pulled out the same turn, but the card text implies that only one can be deployed from reserve deck.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You may deploy one as one action, then you may deploy the other as a separate action.

12. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Whoa, that is freaky. The question I asked where I checked the glossary supploement for the answer was exactly what Guardsman just asked.

Spooky.

BTW, you get get the glossary supplement here.

All these people who say how hard SW:CCG is obviously never read this document. A blunt staement, but true.

13. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Can you deploy Anakin's Lightsaber on Queen Amidala?

(I'm asking because of the event at the end of AotC.)

14. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm thinking no because she's from Episode 1, if Decipher were making cards from Ep 2 and 3 then they would make a Padme Skywalker card which would be ok.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Amidala is not a Skywalker in this game. The only people who are Skywalkers are Luke, Leia, Anakin and Shmi.

16. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just checking.

17. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Timing question for WHT

My objective is We'll handle this/ Duel of the Fates and is flipped to the 7 side.

Not being able to battle stops any locations where I have a Jedi from being a battleground.

My opponent has Come Here You Big Coward" on table, and all locations where I have presence has a Jedi (Therefor I occupy no battlegrounds

CHYBC prevents my retrieval while I occupy < 2 battlegrounds.

If I clear my interior Naboo locations of Dark Jedi, I flip the Objective.

Here is the question:
    THe objective says "Flip and retrieve 1 force. Do I flip and then retrieve (thus getting around CHYBC and allowing the retrieval) or is the retrieval before the card is on the 0 side (thus causing CHYBC to block the retrieval?)

18. Jedi_Hope

Jedi_Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    just got my first cards of the "old" game and was wondering if its still played.

19. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I have two questions about my Death Star II deck.

1. If I have the Death Star II at Endor and I have someone on the Death Star II docking bay, do I control the Endor system as long as of course no opponenet is at the Endor system?

2. If I flip Endor Operations on it's 7 side it says that "Opponent draws no more than one battle destiny in each battle." Does this mean battles in both ground and space?

20. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    BPJ: Those sites are still battleground sites. You just can't initiate battles there. So it's not affected by CHYBC.

Guardsman:

1. No.
    2. Yes.

21. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I have a question for the CCG vets here. I appreciate any help you may be able to provide:

Many of the DSII Cards make mention of bonuses concerning "Emperor Sites". We assume that this means any site that Palpatine currently is at, but wanted to clarify.

Thanks in advance!!

22. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    You mean Empeoror's site, as in, "Deploys -3 to Emperor's site."

"Emperor's site" simply refers to any site where the Emperor is at.

23. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks, Artie. I didn't see any reference to anything specific in the rules for DSII, or the addendum to the Glossary, so I was going nuts. Thanks for the clarification.

24. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Jirin , thanks for finding out for us, bro!!!

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.